• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hey Doodies. New guy here on the forum. As you can probably guess, I am super impressed by one of your charter members, and look to him for inspiration.

First, a little about me. I would describe my shooting style to be an eclectic mix of Stoeger, Vogel, Mink, Vickers and Yeager. In other words, at the intersection of GM and Operator. In the days to come, I hope to contribute my insightful commentary to a number of ongoing threads, plus share my training journal so you can see how a Gen 3 shooter does it. I feel highly qualified to comment on personal grooming, range attire, fitness, appendix technique, precision shooting, shotguns, carbines and even what is going on at other forums. 

I have been searching around on Doodie looking for the SME section, since I surely qualify. Do I have to be a friend of Ben to be a SME here on this forum? That is all for now as I have a decreasing par time date with Anderson to get back to.

• Bysttyiunsy likes this

My draw is faster than it is dignified.

#2 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Just finished my dry fire session -- four PR's.

Quick question, but only for the GM's to answer. I expect to be at least M by summer, although my first match isn't until April. I run appendix like my mentor, although an SME holster because it is stronger in ECQC type evos. I run an HK45C EDC as .45 is the best thing going. I am trying to decide what to use for my assault on the Production super squad -- wavering between an HK P30 .40 with the Todd Green LEM parts or a P2000SK in .357 Sig?

#3 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Anything HK, you are destined for greatness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#4 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Assaulting the Production Super Squad? Everybody knows that real Tier 1 assaulters deploy the HK Mark 23 45ACP SOCOM model. The other pistols you mentioned are only suitable for tactical sheepdog WROL scenarios.

#5 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I was perusing the forum last night, but couldn't find the HK sub forum -- where is it hiding?

Grooming. Very important with the OrigamiAK/OrigaZmiSKS style of "presentation." I recommend the Norelco body shaver, that works in the shower, because besides being unsightly, getting a wad of belly hair when reholstering appendix, hurts. You probably won't be surprised, that like my mentor, I go Commando on the base layer for maximum shock and awe with my draw.

Fitness. My careful analysis shows core strength to be the key to a fast draw. I have given up my vegan approach, and gone to a double dairy diet, heavy on the cheese, to try to bulk up in the middle. I am frankly surprised more of the Production GM's haven't switched to Limited so they can also run an appendix holster given the speed advantage. Can you imagine if Jessie Duff drew appendix like OrigamiAK, nobody would give a crap about her scores. Of course you would start seeing a lot more stages designed with the shooter beginning their draw up range.

#6 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Fitness.

Is this GOP?

9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#7 B_Seehawer

B_Seehawer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Is this GOP?

No. He has a limp.

#8 Howiesmelthersnatch

Howiesmelthersnatch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Is this GOP?

Origami, my mentor -- I am confused. Are you asking me my political affiliation?

My friends call me "Howie."

#9 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

Origami, my mentor -- I am confused. Are you asking me my political affiliation?

Pretty sure you just responded using the wrong troll account.
  • Ben, Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, B_Seehawer and 1 other like this
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#10 B_Seehawer

B_Seehawer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Bingo!!

#11 Howiesmelthersnatch

Howiesmelthersnatch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

Bingo!!

I am not sure who is dumber, you two, or that dumb ass, Orgasm, I was mocking with my GOP comment. If MD/Doc or whoever you are and this SEE dude are in charge of investigations at Doodie, this place is lamer than I thought.

Howie

My friends call me "Howie."

#12 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

That was a trolling fail if I've ever seen one. 

Keep trying Origazmi/Howiesmelt. You'll figure it out someday. 

Maybe. 

• Ben likes this

#13 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

OMG, I woke up this morning and found all these posts by so many important people on Doodie, plus something from my mentor, my Guru! Maybe I need to set an alarm so I wake up in the night to check my training diary, so I get all your feedback and questions earlier. I am tired today, as I watched the President speak, and then I dry fire practiced so much, my elbows hurt a little. 

Mr. MD, Mr. Seehawer, Mr Visor and Mr. Snatch, I still I am not sure I get your comments, but thanks for joining my journal. Some day, people will look back to my early days, and this journal, with the same historical interest others have with the Brian Enos book. Origami, I wouldn't normally have  discussed politics here, as I suspect most Doodies lean left, but here you go. I liked watching the President, and I am still amazed he can remember so long a speech without having notes in front of him. Not sure if you saw it, but I thought I caught that one congresswoman with the red dress slip him the tongue, as he was leaving the building. I haven't registered with any one party yet, but that is only because I am not old enough to have voted in many Presidential elections. I am real interested in politics, and see there is a thread here on a USPSA President. USPSA may too big and important for me to throw my name in the hat so soon, but what do you all think if I cut my teeth on something smaller like IDPA President. Anyone know when IDPA takes nominations for that position?

I had TWO PR's last night dry firing. One was speed reholstering, and the other was my slide lock reload, although in all honesty, it was the first time I did speed reloads on the clock, so I guess it was inevitable I would have a PR on that drill. Let me ask a quick technique question. When I started practicing the slide lock reload, it seemed like the slide release was hard to move. I had some 115 grain Winchester White box, and decided to load my magazine with that, so it simulated the weight of a magazine I would reload with in a gunfight, and it made it easier to work the slide release. I think that is also easier on the sear engagement, as I am not dropping the slide on an empty chamber. Is my WAY, the way others here at Doodie, do it?

I have been focusing most of my attention on my draw. To help, I have gotten video of my mentor, Origami, drawing, and play it in a continuous loop on two large monitors in my bedroom, where I dry fire. I have some questions about his draw, and wonder if I can post that video here on Doodie to get opinions? I am thinking I can post the video to Youtube and link it here, and that will drive all 20 or 30 Doodie members to my Youtube channel and get my counts up? So am I good to link the video and get feedback?

#14 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

I am not sure who is dumber, you two, or that dumb ass, Orgasm, I was mocking with my GOP comment. If MD/Doc or whoever you are and this SEE dude are in charge of investigations at Doodie, this place is lamer than I thought.
Howie

Your IP addresses are the same. Dumbass.
  • red headed stranger likes this
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#15 Shithead23

Shithead23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationAmerican desert

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Lame.

L2683

#16 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Rather than the mods going "M4" on a young, new member, help me become a better shooter. Please!

This is my guru's draw, and I watch it very day. I have so many questions, but mostly want to make sure I am not going down the wrong path. Is this a good draw?

th_slomodraw_zps34d1b0c2.jpg

#17 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

We would rather keep you here so you can continue making an ass of yourself for our amusement.
  • Ben likes this

#18 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Rather than the mods going "M4" on a young, new member, help me become a better shooter. Please!

This is my guru's draw, and I watch it very day. I have so many questions, but mostly want to make sure I am not going down the wrong path. Is this a good draw?

th_slomodraw_zps34d1b0c2.jpg

That guy's draw sucks.

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

#19 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I would take a look at this guy's draw instead:

ETA:  Embed fail, screwed by the web filter again.  You can still click on them though.

#20 OrigaZmiSKS

OrigaZmiSKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

In case Photobucket isn't so swell, here is another link to Origami's awesome draw:

I have questions.

1) Does Origami's "substantial" core contribute to his great draw?

2) Do you think his method is a liability for undercover LE guys, since they will be telegraphing they are without their soft armor?

3) Is this a draw method that works for both sexes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users