Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

http://www.benstoege...sps-holster.htm

clear1x1.gif

Ben Stoeger BSPS BOSS DOH Dropped Offest Holster System

This holster is called the BOSS for a reason. Here at the Pro Shop, we get pissed off if our stuff isn't quite right. Every other holster on the market has some problem that we found annoying. So we made our own. BOOM.

This set includes the BOSS DOH holster hanger. This hanger is stable yet adjustable. It holds the gun in USPSA legal position and can be mounted higher in order to be Single Stack legal.

This set also comes with a blade tech holster pouch of your choosing. Select the model that is appropriate pouch for your style of firearm.

This holster also comes with thumb screws as standard.

• JohnesMl and WelchNede like this

#2 Unclebud

Unclebud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Good looking holster.

#3 dels

dels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Holds the pistol staight up and down? I don't like the cant of my current DOH rig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#4 Snizz1911

Snizz1911

Tripod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

A Bladetech holster with a ghost ish mount, except It doesn't look like it moves around like a ghost... Which is good. I've been wondering why the fuck nobody makes something like this, problem solved.

Although I wish I could just buy the mount, since I've already bought blade techs, thumb screws etc...

#5 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

A Bladetech holster with a ghost ish mount, except It doesn't look like it moves around like a ghost... Which is good. I've been wondering why the fuck nobody makes something like this, problem solved.

Although I wish I could just buy the mount, since I've already bought blade techs, thumb screws etc...

http://www.benstoege...bsps-hanger.htm

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#6 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Holds the pistol staight up and down? I don't like the cant of my current DOH rig.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

adjustable

#7 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

You are not allowed to buy that.

• bpipe95, Snizz1911 and Frask like this

#8 Snizz1911

Snizz1911

Tripod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Sweet, I swear I looked for it earlier, obviously not hard enough

#9 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Totally serious question:

Which is more rigid, the BOSS or the Double Alpha PDR Pro? The most pissy shit on any holster for me is when I pull the gun out, the holster goes outwards and hangs up my draw. This is due to the hangars being cheapo thin plastic. I do a ton of dry-fire draws with a heavy-ass gun (43 oz + boolits). I love the Blade Tech Black Ice and its more rigid hangar but I hate the Tek Lok's footprint on the belt, keeping the velcro from sticking over a wide area, leading to instability. Does the BOSS address this issue? The DAA one does by having thin little mounting straps.

Will the BOSS and/or the PDR Pro hold up to my demanding requirements? I may (just may) be getting a Production gun in a popular flavor soon and I'll be needing some gun leather for to take to leatherslaps. I want the best, most baller rig out there. Which is it?

#10 Shuey134

Shuey134

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Add Velcro to the back of the tec lok. Problem solved.

#11 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Add Velcro to the back of the tec lok. Problem solved.

So simple yet so lazy...

#12 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Will the BOSS and/or the PDR Pro hold up to my demanding requirements? I may (just may) be getting a Production gun in a popular flavor soon and I'll be needing some gun leather for to take to leatherslaps. I want the best, most baller rig out there. Which is it?

Both will hold up to those requirements I think. The main complaint with the PDR Pro is that it seems tough for people to get the grip close enough to your belt.

#13 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Both will hold up to those requirements I think. The main complaint with the PDR Pro is that it seems tough for people to get the grip close enough to your belt.

Ah, I see. Will see if it is legal on me tomorrow as my buddy with a Production Gun has it in the PDR Pro, which he got from the Pro Shop.

#14 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I used one of these mounts at the Indiana Prod/SS/revo match. I'm incredibly OCD about holsters and have used Ghost, Bladetech, LHS and some other all kydex one that I don't even remember. I got the mount the night before and dry fired for about 15 mins in the morning. This is exactly what I was looking for. The mount is rigid enough that it doesn't flop around when you draw or have to move with gun still holstered. It also is adjustable similarly to the stinger. The only difference being that this one doesn't require a gallon of Loctite to keep it in place. I believe the best feature is that it keeps the gun straight up and down unlike the bladetech which cants the gun outward. I hate that shit. Only bad part is that I had to give it back after the match.
  • Twinkie likes this
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#15 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

I used one of these mounts at the Indiana Prod/SS/revo match. I'm incredibly OCD about holsters and have used Ghost, Bladetech, LHS and some other all kydex one that I don't even remember. I got the mount the night before and dry fired for about 15 mins in the morning. This is exactly what I was looking for. The mount is rigid enough that it doesn't flop around when you draw or have to move with gun still holstered. It also is adjustable similarly to the stinger. The only difference being that this one doesn't require a gallon of Loctite to keep it in place. I believe the best feature is that it keeps the gun straight up and down unlike the bladetech which cants the gun outward. I hate that shit. Only bad part is that I had to give it back after the match.

Any thoughts compared to the DAA PDR Pro?

#16 md12393

md12393

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Haven't tried that one as I heard this was coming out soon. From the pics of Max wearing it when it was first released it looked like it would be tough to get your thumb around the gun without hitting the mount. I remember that being a problem with PDR when I had that for a week. (Forgot I had that one too)
"You need to be bitch slapped" - Sean Gaines

#17 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

Ah, I see. Will see if it is legal on me tomorrow as my buddy with a Production Gun has it in the PDR Pro, which he got from the Pro Shop.

I ordered just the hanger to go on my Bladetech, I will let you know how far it stands off when mated up with polymer perfection in case you decide to dump that hundred year old relic you insist on trying to keep running and step into the 21st century.

BTW -- I ordered last night after they closed the shop and they shipped the next morning at 7:30.

I didn't know Ben let them go home, he is slipping. Now that he has gone soft maybe we can get some free shit out of him.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#18 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Lefty version?

#19 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Lefty version?

Pretty sure the hanger is ambidextrous, so as long as you have a lefty pouch you'd be good to go.

#20 Howie Feltersnatch

Howie Feltersnatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

I had to crank up the tention on my bladetech when I switched over to this. I was walking around the house working on dry fire stuff and could feel my SP-01 jumping up in the holster... With the floppy DOH Bladetech my blaster stayed put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users