96 replies to this topic

#21 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I really can't hold the quote above against him since I know the producers at Top Shot wrote that, not him.  

But I can guarantee that no one has ever called him "Little Giant."

#22 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

I really can't hold the quote above against him since I know the producers at Top Shot wrote that, not him.  

But I can guarantee that no one has ever called him "Little Giant."

Little shit....yes

trust me he touted those 2 Indiana wins as the second coming of christ

• Twinkie likes this

#23 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Truthfully, there are a couple guys running around touting Indiana wins as the second coming of Christ.

• Ben, B_Seehawer, Twinkie and 3 others like this

#24 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Truthfully, there are a couple guys running around touting Indiana wins as the second coming of Christ.

some of them were against more than 2 other revolver shooters, and the steel challenge had one shooter with a single action cowboy gun

#25 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Wait a second!  Caleb has been teaching classes!--

July 10th, 2012 6pm-8pm at West Coast Armory Indoor Range:
Class Name: High Intensity Practical Shooting
Click here to register
Cost: $150
Round Count: 350-500
Description: High Intensity Practical Shooting (H.I.P. Shooting) was created due to a demand from former and prospective students to have a shooting seminar that focused on nothing more than shooting, but was available during the week/evenings so as to not eat up an entire weekend; as well as the instructor’s love of acronyms. *Drawing from IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, and Bianchi Cup, the HIP Shooting class will give students the opportunity to test their skills and endurance in a controlled environment, firing hundreds of rounds in a very short window. *This is a fast paced class designed for intermediate and above shooters. *HIP Shooting will also provide shooters with a series of practice drills they can use at home in dry fire and on their own time.
Maximum class size:
Click here to register for HIP Shooting with Caleb Giddings
What to bring: Handgun, belt/holster/mag pouches, enough magazines and pouches to be able to carry 50 rounds with you to the line at any time, notebook, ear/eyepro. *Hat recommended.

A little more about the class: I wanted to create something that would provide the shooters with a training environment where they’d feel like they were getting the most bang for their buck, and also give them every opportunity to learn that they can. Every single drill in the HIP Shooting class is taken from a drill that I’ve used to improve my shooting in the past two years and are drills that I currently use in my regular training every day. I’m really proud of this class and what it’s going to represent. Click here to sign up for the first HIP Shooting class. Space is very limited and slots will go quickly, so get in now!

About the Instructor: Caleb Giddings is an IDPA 5-gun Master Class shooter and regular IDPA competitor. *In addition to training students in IDPA, he regularly competes in National and State level matches, bringing home more than 10 Top 10 finishes in IDPA and USPSA matches in 2011 alone, including Steel Challenge and the prestigious IDPA Carolina Cup.

For questions about IDPA classes or private instruction, please contact me directly at caleb@gunnutsmedia.com

So Caleb has the gall to charge $150 for a two hour class with 5 other people that is taught by a B class shooter? That's the per hour equivalent of Ben charging $1,200 for a two day class.

And yet he calls Front Sight insanely expensive even though he knows you can buy a cert for a four-day Front Sight course for $50 on Ebay.  

By the way, that is a pretty high round count for just two hours of his "High Intensity Pistol Shooting" (That his name for it).  Strangely, he would later rant about inflated round count "High Intensity" classes in his blog last year.

Unfortunately, hosing bullets into the berm is what many “high intensity” training classes consist of. If I ever wanted to make a bunch of money, I’d grow a beard (check) and start Foxtrot Action Group Training and hold 2-day, 3,000 round classes that consist largely of yelling “CONTACT” and doing Bill Drills into targets from 3-5 yards because it’s “realistic.” Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how many or how few rounds you shoot during a training class. If the instructor(s) are good and on their game, you’ll learn something. Quality of instruction is a lot more important than round count. 

Caleb is a hypocrite and will write any crap he culls from gun forums to get clicks and page views.

• Scott and R01 like this

#26 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Wait a second!  Caleb has been teaching classes!--

July 10th, 2012 6pm-8pm at West Coast Armory Indoor Range:
Class Name: High Intensity Practical Shooting
Click here to register
Cost: $150
Round Count: 350-500
Description: High Intensity Practical Shooting (H.I.P. Shooting) was created due to a demand from former and prospective students to have a shooting seminar that focused on nothing more than shooting, but was available during the week/evenings so as to not eat up an entire weekend; as well as the instructor’s love of acronyms. *Drawing from IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, and Bianchi Cup, the HIP Shooting class will give students the opportunity to test their skills and endurance in a controlled environment, firing hundreds of rounds in a very short window. *This is a fast paced class designed for intermediate and above shooters. *HIP Shooting will also provide shooters with a series of practice drills they can use at home in dry fire and on their own time.
Maximum class size:
Click here to register for HIP Shooting with Caleb Giddings
What to bring: Handgun, belt/holster/mag pouches, enough magazines and pouches to be able to carry 50 rounds with you to the line at any time, notebook, ear/eyepro. *Hat recommended.

A little more about the class: I wanted to create something that would provide the shooters with a training environment where they’d feel like they were getting the most bang for their buck, and also give them every opportunity to learn that they can. Every single drill in the HIP Shooting class is taken from a drill that I’ve used to improve my shooting in the past two years and are drills that I currently use in my regular training every day. I’m really proud of this class and what it’s going to represent. Click here to sign up for the first HIP Shooting class. Space is very limited and slots will go quickly, so get in now!

About the Instructor: Caleb Giddings is an IDPA 5-gun Master Class shooter and regular IDPA competitor. *In addition to training students in IDPA, he regularly competes in National and State level matches, bringing home more than 10 Top 10 finishes in IDPA and USPSA matches in 2011 alone, including Steel Challenge and the prestigious IDPA Carolina Cup.

For questions about IDPA classes or private instruction, please contact me directly at caleb@gunnutsmedia.com

So Caleb has the gall to charge $150 for a two hour class with 5 other people that is taught by a B class shooter? That's the per hour equivalent of Ben charging $1,200 for a two day class.

And yet he calls Front Sight insanely expensive even though he knows you can buy a cert for a four-day Front Sight course for $50 on Ebay.  

By the way, that is a pretty high round count for just two hours of his "High Intensity Pistol Shooting" (That his name for it).  Strangely, he would later rant about inflated round count "High Intensity" classes in his blog last year.

Unfortunately, hosing bullets into the berm is what many “high intensity” training classes consist of. If I ever wanted to make a bunch of money, I’d grow a beard (check) and start Foxtrot Action Group Training and hold 2-day, 3,000 round classes that consist largely of yelling “CONTACT” and doing Bill Drills into targets from 3-5 yards because it’s “realistic.” Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how many or how few rounds you shoot during a training class. If the instructor(s) are good and on their game, you’ll learn something. Quality of instruction is a lot more important than round count. 

Caleb is a hypocrite and will write any crap he culls from gun forums to get clicks and page views.

500 rounds in 2 hours would mean that you spend at least 30 minutes of that 2 hours loading mags

Look the little giant (turd) marketed the shit out of himself and his blog and got a national spot light out of it and turned it into a career.  He is a salesman and knows his limitations and how to grow his "market"

I have heard him spout his shit "I am huge on the internet" "I am not a shill".....Good for him, but it is 99% bullshit

#27 19fan11

19fan11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Little shit....yes

trust me he touted those 2 Indiana wins as the second coming of christ

You're just mad because the one time you had a chance to actually put that "little shit" in his place at Single Stack Nationals, your Fat Master-Class ass finished 114th, a whopping 51 places behind that "little shit." You sure talk a lot of shit for someone that couldn't beat a B-class "little shit."

It's mind boggling that you're butthurt about a stupid fucking TV show that happened four fucking years ago. Let it go.

• poopgiggle, dravz and yomamma like this

#28 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

You're just mad because the one time you had a chance to actually put that "little shit" in his place at Single Stack Nationals, your Fat Master-Class ass finished 114th, a whopping 51 places behind that "little shit." You sure talk a lot of shit for someone that couldn't beat a B-class "little shit."

It's mind boggling that you're butthurt about a stupid fucking TV show that happened four fucking years ago. Let it go.

Lol.  

Hi, Caleb.  Glad to see you here.

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, B_Seehawer and seanc like this

#29 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I am only A class in Single Stack, barely......and I really am not that good, nor do I claim to be or talk shit about being very good. And there was another 113 people that beat me at that match

oh yeah I also don't hide behind a screen name either.

Pretty much said how I felt about him, now you can go back to fucking him in the ass, don't forget to give him a reach around you selfish bastard

#30 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Damn... Caleb is getting lit up harder than Front Sight on this thread.

#31 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

I've never met him, but if he's short, I hate him all ready.

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#32 Truk Snave

Truk Snave

Kurt Evans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Nice job MFCEO

#33 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Fuck off, gigantor.

I'm glad to see a hit piece over there, and can't really dispute that scientologists who are also weaver stance zealot fraud trainers are deserving targets.

#34 Hans3005

Hans3005

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Damn short people!

#35 Hans3005

Hans3005

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Just so we are clear here. Front site does suck!

#36 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Yes

#37 Hans3005

Hans3005

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

I think I might go take a class from caleb though. Maybe he will put out some dryfire and live fire books and make a dvd.

• FYYFF likes this

#38 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

I don't disagree with him. but I cannot tolerate shortness. there is just no excuse for that.

• Zsavage81, TSO, FYYFF and 2 others like this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#39 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yes, but did anyone learn this from Caleb?  No.  Everyone and their brother has already written that Front Sight sucks.  Even Glocktalk was getting cease and desist letters from Front Sight 12 years ago for all the negative stuff posted about them.  

Interestingly, despite constant reports of its imminent demise at various times over the last decade, Front Sight appears to be still going strong.  Meanwhile Caleb, despite the fame derived from his numerous IDPA Top 10's, can't seem to garner enough demand to hold any more classes.  So Caleb's short-lived instructing career was, well, short (no pun intended.) 

#40 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Caleb,

Most professionals, when accused of being a hack answer the criticism with answers/explanations in a respectful matter.

Most hacks, when accused of being a hack answer with insults and name calling.

... just sayin'
  • B_Seehawer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users