96 replies to this topic

#81 Truk Snave

Truk Snave

Kurt Evans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

he's a dick salad with thousand island dressing. 

• yomamma likes this

#82 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Which of these super-cooper-duper schools has the menopausal Asian woman for a director of training?

Saw her on TV but damn those show editors, I did not get to see her bust out with the sub-10-second El Prez.

#83 eBAG

eBAG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

What is this about Caleb and the Coast Guard -- somebody ought to check that out. My understanding was you needed to be at least six feet to get into the Coast Guard, so you can safely walk to shore in case if an emergency.
  • Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, B_Seehawer, barry owens and 1 other like this

#84 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Which of these super-cooper-duper schools has the menopausal Asian woman for a director of training?

Saw her on TV but damn those show editors, I did not get to see her bust out with the sub-10-second El Prez.

Are you talking about Il Ling New?  Don't hate! She teaches some totally relevant real-world skills! 

#85 Truk Snave

Truk Snave

Kurt Evans

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

she looks exactly like Chow from the hangover

• Nimrod and barry owens like this

#86 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Having been to Front Sight for the following...
All 4 day classes...
(1) Defensive handgun
(2) Tactical Rifle
(1) Subgun (brought our own)
(1) M16 (brought our own)
(1) Tact shotgun
(1) Precision Rifle
None of this was done with an intent to get learned better.... All was done for fun with structured shooting and someone else doing the finger pointing.
Front Sight serves a valued purpose for firearm owners interested in some form of training. Better have gun owners even with the Front Sight experience vs none.
There are many elements of this training that I prefer to do differently and teach differently. But for most who attend with no formal instruction, it can put them on a road to seek out more. Additionally it gives them the experience how at least one place does it and this can give them a perspective.
I have been through classes with some high speed guys and also seen safety issues at times.
FS has made training on the great part affordable. We skip the lectures and night shoots. After all, we are there for fun.
It is an amazing experience to see so many firearm enthusiasts all together to attend classes at one time. Quite a sight.
We purposely chose classes where there would be maybe only 4-7 of us attending.
I will consistently encourage firearm owners to attend FS and get a pretty good all around instruction in basic firearm use and safety.
There are better offerings of course with more specialized instruction and instructors really at the cutting edge. These classes I have found cost more and will be more intense. Which is what I look for now. I have no regret having invested my time and funds into the FS experience.
After all, we went for the gambling, free booze, titty bar, hanging out with shooting as the last distraction.
Oh, for those here offering instruction FS website has some after actions on self induced GS injuries. Great reading. Really helps you get a sense of how fools shoot themselves. I imagine good reading for anyone working from holsters and what to avoid.

Wow you don't seem vested in FS at all

#87 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Are you talking about Il Ling New?  Don't hate! She teaches some totally relevant real-world skills! 

il ling new is teaching some important shit for when a posse hell bent on ass rapping you at the next SASS event is headed your way......who in the FUCK listens to these fucking retards?   The fucked up thin is that she actually thinks she is teaching self defense.....wait....did she say cock?  

#88 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Seems legit.

#89 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Thumb over thumb weaver is the new shizzle.

#90 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thumb over thumb weaver is the new shizzle.

I saw it on Miami Vice, it is definitely legit.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#91 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Cup and Saucer is the new hotness. just like the Beretta.

600px-TK_M93.jpg

• Unclassified likes this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#92 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Had to watch that tactical SAA video again, 1st time I was so distracted by all the "fire arm" references.

troopersmelt.gif

#93 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

boomstick.jpg

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#94 funshoot

funshoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

I know a group of old guys that have gone up there 5 years in a row for the 4-day pistol class.  Only one of the 12 or so has managed to classify as marksman in IDPA.  The rest are still classified novice.  

They all have strong opinions on the "right" way to do everything gun related.Coincidence?  

This isn't a problem with Front Sight, it is a problem with gun owners in general.

http://en.wikipedia....g–Kruger_effect

-

John M. Buol Jr.

FirearmUserNetwork.com

#95 dicksnot

dicksnot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

I think FS caters to the gun-owning person who wants to get some basic training in safety & marksmanship. Gun dorks on forums, myself included, are in a teeny tiny minority of the gun owning population. Of course FS glamorizes their training, and markets to the mall ninjas, but so do the vast majority of "trainers" in the gun industry.

Whiny gun forum cunts yodeling from the top of the hill that "people should get training!" and when they do it's not good enough because SEALTeam6DeltaNinjaRanger wasn't present watching 30 people shoot on the line at a time, giving absolutely no individual instruction at all.

I have an opportunity to go to FS for a free class… I think I'll do it for shits & grins and see if the rumors are true.

• Twinkie likes this

#96 red headed stranger

red headed stranger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

This isn't a problem with Front Sight, it is a problem with gun owners in general.

http://en.wikipedia....g–Kruger_effect

I'm fully aware of the D-K effect, but it seems that FS is exacerbating it.  

#97 Mushburger

Mushburger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Dunning–Kruger effect...

I suffered from this horribly before my first match. The problem with FS and certificates and schools is you generally just have to keep breathing to get them or graduate, they aren't performance based. I built a huge shooting resume while being a shit shooter but had no clue until my first match. Now I know I suck so the sky is the limit!

• Mr_White likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users