88 replies to this topic

#61 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Maybe not all the way, just mostly.  Seems kind of farfetched to me but I read a thread on enos about it.  Supposedly the ejector can hit the primer.

They are probably just making that shit up, don't ya think?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#62 Mushburger

Mushburger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

Maybe not all the way, just mostly.  Seems kind of farfetched to me but I read a thread on enos about it.  Supposedly the ejector can hit the primer.

Hundreds of people die from this every year. Entire sections wiped out. The thing you dont understand is the gun can tell the difference when you rack the slide to eject a round at ULSC and when you do it to load or clear a malfunction. When doing it at ULSC it angles down striking the primer igniting all powder within 20 yards and ending all life. Its a fact.

#63 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

Apparently letting a live cartridge land on the ground is fraught with danger as well.  A piece of gravel can light it off.  Maybe everybody should just start unloading into the berm?

#64 Roper

Roper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSouth Jordan, Utah

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Maybe not all the way, just mostly. Seems kind of farfetched to me but I read a thread on enos about it. Supposedly the ejector can hit the primer.

Can you find the thread and link it?

#65 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Maybe in this one but I'm not reading it again to find out.  You need something to do anyways.

http://www.brianenos...lip and catch

• Howie Feltersnatch likes this

#66 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

I've seen that happen. Guy only needed six stitches in the web of his hand where a piece of brass shrapnel cut him pretty good. He was shooting a 1911 .45 FWIW.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#67 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

I know 3 different people that have done it clearing a jam with their hand covering the ejection port and racking one out having the primer set off, Todd Jarret is one of them.

I had a jam at an Area 6 match 4-5 years ago and their squad was next on the stage, I was covering the ejection port trying to slam the slide open. After the stage he came up and cautioned me about it and told me about it happening to him.

Two local shooters have had it happen

#68 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

I've seen it happen twice, both with 40's, a week apart from another. 

A75033

#69 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

I think it would definitely be possible with a 1911, since they jam more and people put stoopid long ejectors in them.

Other than that, in normal clearing without a sticking slide, perfectly safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#70 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Also seen it happen to a semi-famous gun rag writer trying to clear a jam out of a Caspian open gun. Went to the ER for a couple of stiches.

Covered the ejection port trying to bang the slide open.

Screwed up his match petty good.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#71 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Why the fuck are all you people covering the ejection port? Rack that shit and catch it in the air. Have we been discussing some pussy rolling the gun over and gently letting the brass fall into your hand this whole time? What the fuck?

#72 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

Why the fuck are all you people covering the ejection port? Rack that shit and catch it in the air. Have we been discussing some pussy rolling the gun over and gently letting the brass fall into your hand this whole time? What the fuck?

On the one I saw he was trying to clear a stuck cartridge, needed to grab the slide as hard as he could and bang the gun open to get the case unstuck.

Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#73 Mushburger

Mushburger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

If you put your hand over the ejection port you deserve some shrapnel. Not a lot just a bite.

#74 blueorb

blueorb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

At last years NC Sectional there was an RO on one of our stages who specifically informed us that we could not cover the ejection port when showing clear. He insisted that we flip and catch or let it drop or whatever.  

Can't remember what he said would happen if we did cover the port.  Can an RO DQ you for that?

#75 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

At last years NC Sectional there was an RO on one of our stages who specifically informed us that we could not cover the ejection port when showing clear. He insisted that we flip and catch or let it drop or whatever.  

Can't remember what he said would happen if we did cover the port.  Can an RO DQ you for that?

no

#76 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

Was he from Fredricksburg?
  • B_Seehawer likes this

#77 Howie Feltersnatch

Howie Feltersnatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

He must have been a IDPA SO.   Making rules up as they go.

• Cretin Hop likes this

#78 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Yes. Question is, can he convince the RM and/or Arb Committee that it's "reasonable" per 10.6.1.

10.6 Match Disqualification – Unsportsmanlike Conduct
10.6.1 Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsports-manlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

#79 Mushburger

Mushburger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yes. Question is, can he convince the RM and/or Arb Committee that it's "reasonable" per 10.6.1.

10.6.1 Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsports-manlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

#80 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

I don't agree with it, but could see a range/match making this as a "safety" ruling and announcing before the match 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users