162 replies to this topic

#21 byerly

byerly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

I appreciate those who have defended me on this thread. I'll state again for the record that I had no knowledge of this happening. However, that does not change the fact that it apparently did. There are two stages on the video listed above where PV ran me. The classifier stage has a discrepancy that has been pointed out. The other stage does not appear to. I wouldn't participate in something like this and I think that the people that know me know that. If I get my ass kicked, then that's on me. If anyone has any evidence of this going on while I'm shooting I would love to see it.

#22 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'll jump in the got fucked catagory!

Not sure if this will start at 3:43 or not? Heres the link if it doesn't:
http://youtu.be/xHKwXHpF9qo?t=3m43s

Time listed in match results: 20:06
Time from shot coach: 19:06

I got the old +1, I guess he just kinda sorta didn't like me since I didn't get the full blown +2-3 like some others.

That's a good one though....no case of "Oh, I mistaked the 3 for a 0....damn digital readouts!"

#23 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I appreciate those who have defended me on this thread. I'll state again for the record that I had no knowledge of this happening. However, that does not change the fact that it apparently did. There are two stages on the video listed above where PV ran me. The classifier stage has a discrepancy that has been pointed out. The other stage does not appear to. I wouldn't participate in something like this and I think that the people that know me know that. If I get my ass kicked, then that's on me. If anyone has any evidence of this going on while I'm shooting I would love to see it.

Solid post.  Well done.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#24 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

I thought I put enough disclaimers in the original post!

The point is to 1) find out the depths of cheating done by Paul Hendrix (2) see if a pattern emerges so we can find other people hurt or helped by Paul Hendrix (3) let the BoD investigate and determine if these shooters colluded with Paul Hendrix.

Gary may be a great guy (in fact, I've shot with him, and he seems like a stand up guy).  And I agree that it doesn't make sense that Paul Hendrix would cheat on behalf of Gary at a club match. (In fact, my pet theory is that Paul Hendrix got some weird kick out of helping his local shooters get over on the out-of-towners in these major matches, hence I put the home state of the shooters behind their names. Helping Gary in a local match doesn't really support that theory.) 

But the fact remains that he benefited from Paul Hendrix cheating.  He himself said the same thing on this board.  We can't play favorites and leave him off the list because some folks here know him and like him.  I'm sure plenty of people know Rob Jessee and would vouch for him, too, but he's on the list, too. (Before yesterday, I bet Paul Hendrix could find people to vouch for him, too.) 

• byerly likes this

#25 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

I liked Miculek's post. Until two days ago there would have been a line of guys standing up for Hendrix and talking about how doodie is a bunch of pieces of shit that just cause trouble.

I know we make jokes about USPSA being a good olé boys club, but this guy was actually doing it and fucking people/ the whole organization over.

This isn't court, it's doodie, if you were his friend and shot matches with him it's up to you to clear your name.

#26 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Mods,

Take over that original post if you want. It will help keep the formatting clean.

#27 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

I thought I put enough disclaimers in the original post!

The point is to 1) find out the depths of cheating done by Paul Hendrix (2) see if a pattern emerges so we can find other people hurt or helped by Paul Hendrix (3) let the BoD investigate and determine if these shooters colluded with Paul Hendrix.

Gary may be a great guy, but the fact remains that he benefited from Paul Hendrix cheating.  He himself said the same thing on this board.  We can't play favorites and leave him off the list because some folks here know him and like him.  I'm sure plenty of people know Rob Jessee and would vouch for him, too, but he's on the list, too. (Before yesterday, I bet Paul Hendrix could find people to vouch for him, too.) 

There are still some people vouching for him.

"video compression"

"can't use video in USPSA"

"he's a good guy"

"I've shot with him.  Seemed honest."

"He's a family friend."

"He was turning his life around."

"He never meant anyone no harm."

"He's just a little kid.  Oh my baybee!"

"He just fell in with a bad crowd. He didn't deserve this."

I'm not sure where I stopped quoting his supporters and started quoting the local news, but there's never a shortage of people who who will reject evidence simply because they "know" the guy.

• 2501 and Motörhead like this

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#28 cpa5oh

cpa5oh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I shot the entire 2013 Area 8 match with Hendrix running the timer every stage.

Here's stage 8 - if you look at my camera's timer in the lower right, the buzzer sounds at .00-.01 and my last shot is gone at .27-.28...he turns around and calls out .29 flat.  (I did have a few friends look at this video and they agree that it looks like I got +2'ed.)  Looking at every stage, it *seems* to me that it happens on 5 of the 10 stages (2 seconds every time.)  You all can be the judge on this one - I get afraid of accusing people of stuff and maybe ending up being incorrect.

Dan P

• Perfecto likes this

#29 byerly

byerly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Puptown nailed it.

#30 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Mods,

Take over that original post if you want. It will help keep the formatting clean.

We already did

#31 ExtremeShot

ExtremeShot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Damn it....I was hoping I was one of the guys he helped out.    :lol:  :lol:

#32 cpa5oh

cpa5oh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully someone will filter/review this list before anything substantive gets done with it - if a few of the videos (including potentially mine) turn out to not have issues someone might focus on those and say "look, there's nothing to this."

#33 Jesse Tischauser

Jesse Tischauser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationGuthrie, OK

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'm pretty sure I got screwed and I don't even shoot USPSA.
  • Ben, Scott, CZinSC and 5 others like this

#34 Matt Cheely

Matt Cheely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I don't have the time he called out on tape, but the stage 5 results for the 2013 Area 8 match is exactly 1 second slower than what I get when I manually time the video. Not a great example as you can easily say that the time was fat fingered during score entry.

Manually timed 18.11, scored 19.08.

#35 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

If you're going to post a video as evidence, please add your real name.  Helps a bit when looking up match results.  Matt Cheely I can figure out.  Cpa5oh?  Not so much. 

(shaking head in disbelief that I had to get a freaking Doodie Project account) 

• CZinSC, B_Seehawer, waktasz and 4 others like this

#36 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi Chuck!
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#37 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

OK, I can figure him out too.  See you this weekend Gabe when you kick my ass at GSSF. 

#38 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

I am very happy any time I can even hang with you at shooting anything, and am always thankful for the Share The Wealth rule. I went to FO front sights since GSSF last year, so I don't know what's going to happen with that in GSSF. Hopefully I don't have to get Steve Anderson to show me where that river is... What day are you shooting? I expect to be there Sunday.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#39 JGus

JGus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

I shot the entire 2013 Area 8 match with Hendrix running the timer every stage.

Here's stage 8 - if you look at my camera's timer in the lower right, the buzzer sounds at .00-.01 and my last shot is gone at .27-.28...he turns around and calls out .29 flat.  (I did have a few friends look at this video and they agree that it looks like I got +2'ed.)  Looking at every stage, it *seems* to me that it happens on 5 of the 10 stages (2 seconds every time.)  You all can be the judge on this one - I get afraid of accusing people of stuff and maybe ending up being incorrect.

Dan P

Damn, WSD doesn't even attempt to make an effort to show the shooter or the scorer the time. 

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

#40 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Just because Someone says whoever is a good guy don't mean shit. Look at BE they are calling Hendrix a National Champion. Kissing up to him. Wtf??. So if we have evidence, I don't care if someone says no way. I am glad you like the person but, evidence is what it is. NO ONE SAID HE KNEW. damn it man. Bunch of, not him no way. Well yes him look for your self. He made gains. No one said he knew about it. So stop kissing ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users