#121 wood

wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationConvent, LA

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

My life eperience while working with the degenerates on the river is that guys who are screwing the system can't wait till it spills out. So my best estimate is that one of the shooters, or more, knew about this 100%.

Wood

L-3707

Team Freedom Gunworks

#122 Reacharound

Reacharound

HondaTim nuthugger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationSouth Central L.A.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

The scandal thread went way off the rails before post 1000, so you can safely ignore it from an investigative integrity standpoint. General denials were posted by Mike Hollar: 929; Scott Gaskins: 953, 983.
I think it is time to drop suspect zero into the drunk tank with about 10 doodies and ask him to let you know when he's ready to talk about accomplices.

Agreed-let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. I think chuck is looking for the fastest way out (Phil's direction) and back to that desk job.

#123 Why Not

Why Not

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Put me in the +1 at area 8 2013 group .

#124 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Put me in the +1 at area 8 2013 group .

Did you send a NROI report form with video/statement to Chief Investigator Chuck Anderson?

Twinkie for GA SC!

"What we need is a strong white man to be in charge!" 

#125 vluc

vluc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Did you send a NROI report form with video/statement to Chief Investigator Chuck Anderson?

Better still, are they still gathering information now that PVH has done the "honorable thing" and resigned?

#126 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

HQ is busy lifting the rug and searching for a large broom.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#127 Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

HQ is busy lifting the rug and searching for a large broom.

Charles Bond has the broom, look no further.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

#128 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

HQ has got to take this seriously. The failure to address this head-on will undermine the integrity of the sport.

Twinkie for GA SC!

#129 TacticalTumbleweed

TacticalTumbleweed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationThe hot ass motherfucking desert

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Who he helped- the entire memebership. He single-handedly has exposed the massive ineffectiveness of the organizations leaders to even more members than ever thought possible.

Who he fucked- see above.
So what you're really trying to say is if you would have had a better plan, your gun would have ran?

#130 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

Who he helped- the entire memebership. He single-handedly has exposed the massive ineffectiveness of the organizations leaders to even more members than ever thought possible.

I pretty completely disagree with this statement.  Everything I've seen and heard about how the organization (specifically, the elected leadership) has been at least adequate.  Some people are wanting a faster timeline or a more vocal condemning, but that's not a failure.

Complaints were raised, the BoD immediately suspended RO cert when they received a formal complaint, and the BoD kicked-off an investigation.  The result of that investigation has so far led the member the quit, and it sounds like a life ban is pending the final investigation report.

Yea, there was a cheating scandal, but that doesn't mean the entire organization is ineffective.  It's like saying your entire home is ineffective because a light bulb burned out.

• TacticalTumbleweed likes this

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#131 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'd like to see a lifetime ban AND a public letter of censure in the NROI rulings or something like that.

cheating this egregious and long running shouldn't be met with half measures. A lifetime ban isn't really sufficient As blatant as this was, he needs to be made an example.
  • Rob McD, 2501 and TacticalTumbleweed like this

#132 TacticalTumbleweed

TacticalTumbleweed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

? Where have you been? Under a rock? The monthly email came out with NOTHING in it. The weak sauce website(which was promised to be updated months ago and still currently sucks ass) has ZERO info on this. HQ is allowing an elected official to make somewhat "official" sounding statements on the situation on his personal fuckin FB page, not to mention that those statements most likely face headlong in opposition to the views of a large amount of members.

How much more ineffective and mishandled could this be right now???
So what you're really trying to say is if you would have had a better plan, your gun would have ran?

#133 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

? Where have you been? Under a rock? The monthly email came out with NOTHING in it. The weak sauce website(which was promised to be updated months ago and still currently sucks ass) has ZERO info on this. HQ is allowing an elected official to make somewhat "official" sounding statements on the situation on his personal fuckin FB page, not to mention that those statements most likely face headlong in opposition to the views of a large amount of members.

How much more ineffective and mishandled could this be right now???

So you want an official statement before the official ruling, and you want an official ruling before the conclusion of the official investigation?

Shitty website, notwithstanding...

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#134 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

So you want an official statement before the official ruling, and you want an official ruling before the conclusion of the official investigation?

Shitty website, notwithstanding...

Yes, we want an official statement acknowledging that concerns were raised, and that an official investigation is underway.

The first official statement should not be the results of the investigation.
  • vluc likes this

Twinkie for GA SC!

#135 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

And we want the shitty website unfucked RIGHT NOW, along with my oompa loompa, dammit.

Bonus points if they can fix the EZWinScore / level 1 multiple classifier issues by the end of the month.

Twinkie for GA SC!

#136 TacticalTumbleweed

TacticalTumbleweed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

It would be more than nice to see an actual news release on this on our own website. The USPSA info chain is FUCKED on this. Right now, the leader of the BOD is motionless. It's despicable that the top dog himself hasn't stepped in and taken a stance on cheating. If a motherfucker needs a god damn group of people to inform him on how to act about cheating then we need new leadership. This is cut and dry very simple. Ban his ass. Perma style. Then any one that condones the cheating ways or says that he should be allowed to play needs to be hit with at minimum a one year ban.

The behavior and ethics displayed by Paul need to be harshly punished. This sport and organization needs to make it very clear to the rest of the world and it's own membership that behavior of this type is entirely unacceptable and will not be tolerated with any kind of forgiveness. Paul's involvement in the sport for so long followed by his behavior makes this particular instance of cheating especially nasty. He fully knew what he was doing was the worst kind of wrong and continued doing it FOR YEARS.

His character is shit. If he would do this in a fucking game, just imagine the people this guy fucked as a police officer. It's one thing to bash people because of foul language on an Internet forum, but to go out in the real world and act like this repeatedly, then to get caught repeatedly on video by the very people that you are fucking over, then to opt out like a little bitch by saying "you're sorry" in hopes of avoiding a ban, this dude is clearly from the bottom of the bucket.

HQ should formally not accept his resignation and worthless attempt at an excuse for his behavior and swing the fuckin ban hammer hard as fuck at this guy.
  • Two mike two no shoot and GuanoLoco like this

#137 jthhapkido

jthhapkido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

So---has everyone emailed their Area director, Chuck at area 1 (as the investigating officer who will likely recommend sanctions), and the president?

Because while I'm sure that now they are all READING Doodie, they don't have to RESPOND to Doodie posts.  Or admit it, either.  :)

I want his membership terminated permanently, with no chance of every re-joining, and I want him to not be allowed in any range area in which a USPSA match is being held (including Steel Challenge and USPSA Multigun).  This can be done, via 10.6.2.  However, if the board doesn't say it explicitly, people like the GA Section Coordinator might still let him shoot at local matches.

That's unacceptable to me.

Here's what I wrote, and just sent to my AD, Chuck, and Phil.  Everyone ELSE should ALSO write them and tell them to kick that piece of shit off our ranges.

----------------
Gentlemen:

This email is primarily to my Area direction (Sherwyn Greenfield) but is copied to Chuck and Phil since 1) Chuck is performing the investigation and as a part of that, would most likely be putting forth suggested sanctions if Hendrix is judged guilty of the acts of which he has been accursed, and 2) I think it is important that the President of USPSA also know what the rank-and-file members think about this.

Note:  I’m only speaking for myself here, though I will say that when I said this on several online forums, there was significant amounts of support.  However, hopefully they also have emailed you regarding their opinions, and you don’t have to take my word for it.

Paul Hendrix has been accused of changing competitor’s stage times in numerous situations, both helping people he liked, and harming others (for various not-necessarily-known reasons).  There has been a large body of video evidence given to the Board to review for this.  I have viewed (and timed, and re-timed, and compared times) a significant number of videos, and have a solid opinion as to whether or not Hendrix is guilty as claimed.  However, I’m not doing the investigation, so my opinion isn’t important.  (Though I would strongly suggest that when the results of the investigation are given, that the board make available all of the details of the investigation, so that members may see what the outcome was based upon.)

If the vote of the Board is that Hendrix did indeed change the stage times of a number of competitors, failing to adhere to the code of ethics expected of range officials, and failing to behave with ethics suitable to USPSA member, I strongly suggest the following sanctions:

1) Obviously, permanent termination of membership.

--I realize the Hendrix has already resigned his membership.However, in his statements he has not admitted to anything, and resigning his own membership (even if he asks to be permanently barred) doesn’t really mean anything if in 5 years he tries again and no one can say “he was guilty” because he was not permanently terminated.

2) More importantly, after terminating his membership, Hendrix should be barred from any portion of any range currently holding a USPSA match, via 10.6.2.  

--Merely having terminated his membership does not mean that he cannot shoot USPSA---it simply means he would be limited to club matches. And his acts as an RO bring disrepute to our sport in a manner that strikes to the heart of competition—namely, trust in match officials.This wasn’t a one-time thing, nor a simple mistake, nor a case of a man who is going blind or is too stupid to read correct numbers.This was an ongoing process of harming competitors, and helping others, such that a large number of major match results (and who knows how many local matches!) are now KNOWN to be wrong---and we can’t fix them.

10.6.2 states “Other persons may be expelled from the range for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unacceptable. Examples of unacceptable conduct include, but are not limited to, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, interference with the operation of a course of fire and/or a competitor’s attempt thereof, and any other behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute.

Hendrix, once his membership is terminated, will certainly fall into the class of “other person” and his actions have indeed brought disrepute to the sport, in a way that will last for years. He does not belong in any area holding a USPSA match, as it is now KNOWN that he will cheat on behalf of his friends, and to the detriment of those he dislikes. Even having him in the area will cause problems. USPSA matches, and all other types under the USPSA umbrella (Steel Challenge and Multigun) should be instructed to remove him from the premises of any area of a range holding a USPSA match.

Obviously, if for some reason there is a logical explanation (not based on cheating) for Hendrix’s actions, the above will no longer be relevant.  I don’t really see how that could be possible, but I’ll admit the possibility of miracles.

If Hendrix is found to be at fault due to the evidence, I strongly suggest that both sanctions listed above are applied to him.  Merely terminating his membership is insufficient, as he will still be able to shoot USPSA/Steel Challenge/Multigun and affect others.  (For the life of me, I don’t know why anyone would want him on their range.  Though I note that several people, including the GA Section Coordinator, have already written in support of Hendrix prior to actually knowing the results of the investigation, and apparently without viewing any of the evidence themselves--which to me casts doubt on their ability to run matches in a logical, coherent, legal fashion, and makes me worry that they might attempt to allow Hendrix to shoot at their matches, even AFTER the Board’s final decision regarding this situation.)

-----------------------------

Whatever sanctions YOU think Hendrix should get (in the realm of possibility---while it would be fun and actually somewhat justifiable to tar and feather him then run him out of town on a rail, it's probably not possible) you should email your AD, Chuck, and Phil, and let them know.

If found guilty, don't let them let him off with only a slap on the wrist. 

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, Rob McD, PupTown and 2 others like this

#138 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

It's always awesome when guys get all fired up about shitty leadership online.

Well motherfuckers, Phil is on his way out and the last few AD elections have barely been contested if at all.

Maybe some of you big time pipe swingers should step up, throw your hats in the ring and clean up USPSA. You ain't gonna talk it done on an Internet forum.
  • Alex Gac, CZinSC and hans16633 like this

#139 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

The GA section coordinator knows about the evidence. He just doesn't give a fuck. That's his guy and he doesn't give a shit if his guy cheated.

That's about as an explicit endorsement of cheating as you're going to find. He's just a shitbag.
  • subQ likes this

#140 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

One of us will be running for (and winning) the A8 Director position. I'm sure of it. I'm not telling who.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users