288 replies to this topic

#41 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

there are no hashtags or @ in this forum stuff.

No [ BATSIGNAL=MFCEO ] Did candidates know? [ /BS ]?
Low tech shit.

Twinkie for GA SC!

"What we need is a strong white man to be in charge!" 

#42 TacticalTumbleweed

TacticalTumbleweed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationThe hot ass motherfucking desert

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Membership wants change???

Money talks and the bullshit walks. Don't pay your membership dues when they expire next. Send an email explaining why. Nothing will happen until the membership realizes that the BOD really is not in control of this situation or the organization in general. The membership runs this shit by providing CASH FLOW to the BOD.

Seriously. They will cover this and sweep it away. It should be obvious now, the good ole boy group runs high up the ladder.

Think like this...

What if instead of cheating time he was recorded doctoring competitors ammo? Or incorrectly scoring? Or using illegal equipment? Or replacing himself with a sharpshooting cyborg??

It doesn't matter HOW he cheated. The fact is that he cheated and got 100% caught at it. Only way to make sure that HQ does what you want is to apply force and make them. Your dues is your leverage, apply force and you can move the world...
So what you're really trying to say is if you would have had a better plan, your gun would have ran?

#43 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Money talks and the bullshit walks. Don't pay your membership dues when they expire next. Send an email explaining why.

This is why I am a 17-year-long annual member not a life member. I can always take my ball and go home.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#44 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Short review of candidates for USPSA President so far. 

Jack Suber: Financial Analyst at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Columbia, South Carolina, 1991 to present. Average salary this position and federal department, $86,000, about 30k more than the USPSA President job pays. Runs his own firearms training company (one-man it appears). Runs his own business having something to do with selling Dillon Aero and Remington Defense products.

No military service.No law enforcement experience. Likely had some leadership or supervisory training at HUD, such as it is. Makes decisions with large amounts of our tax dollars. Appears to have no experience as an employer. Former USPSA section coordinator for South Carolina.

His LinkedIn profile, must join to see any of it at all: https://www.linkedin...view?id=6819110

His Facebook sites: https://www.facebook...k.suber?fref=ts and https://www.facebook...ckSuberforUSPSA

His private website run by someone out of Atlanta: http://www.jacksuber...apresident.com/

Troy McManus: Lab technician, retired, at ExxonMobil, Louisiana, from 1987 to 2013. According to Glass Ceiling the average salary for that position at that company is $54,600, almost exactly the same pay as we give the USPSA President. For whatever reason (hours reduction at work maybe) he was also an EMT at an ambulance company from 2010 to 2012. Also had a 2nd job for a couple years 1995-1997 as a Cajun cook. Has paid position now with USPSA as Club and Partner Liaison. Current USPSA Area 4 director.

No military service.No law enforcement experience. No experience as a business owner or employer. No formal training or experience (that I can find) in principles or practice of leadership.

His LinkedIn profile (must join to see fully): https://www.linkedin...iew?id=37365987

His Facebook pages: https://www.facebook...mcmanus?fref=ts and https://www.facebook.com/mcmanus2016

Opinion

Jack Suber so far has laid out more ideas in a more accessible and professional presentation than Troy has. Some of those are good ideas. Ideas are free and unprotected, someone else could easily propose some or all of them. He's also perceived by many as irreparably smeared by close, continuing friendships with Bill Noyes, Charles Bond, Bobby Keigans, and Paul V. Hendrix. He was told about the Hendrix timer-lying more than two weeks before the rest of us and did, to my knowledge, nothing about it. I would consider his job experience and responsibilities to be slightly more relevant to the job of USPSA President than that of Troy McManus and current president Phil Strader, but not by much.

Troy McManus seems to be dedicated to helping to run USPSA matches, possibly more so than Jack. Needs work, help, and probably money to catch up with Jack's marketing campaign. Denies quite plausibly that he has any improper personal or business relationship with Kim Williams, the USPSA Executive Director. Not sure when he knew about the Hendrix timer-lying or how much he communicated to Area 4. I would consider his job experience to be a little less relevant to the the President job compared to Jack Suber or Phil Strader (who in an interview stated he was nearly broke in the 1-2 years before becoming President).

I would consider the fact that neither guy is both a Cop/RO to be an overall plus. I'd consider the lack of military service by both to be a huge minus. Lack of employer-business owner experience, also a minus. Both have minimal experience in marketing a product or activity although Jack has a small advantage there. Forced to vote today I'd go with Troy just because his hands are relatively clean of the Hendrix affair. I'd much rather hear that a third candidate is running, someone with more relevant experience and higher profile and proven ability to change an organization rather than just adapt himself to how it's always been run in the past. If such a third candidate showed up, I would support him (or her) with the time and money that I could spare. Mostly money.

#45 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

If you want mil exp, I hear Dave Patreaus is available.  He has additional experience dealing with cheating scandals.

Twinkie for GA SC!

#46 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

I would consider the fact that neither guy is both a Cop/RO to be an overall plus. I'd consider the lack of military service by both to be a huge minus. Lack of employer-business owner experience, also a minus. Both have minimal experience in marketing a product or activity although Jack has a small advantage there. Forced to vote today I'd go with Troy just because his hands are relatively clean of the Hendrix affair. I'd much rather hear that a third candidate is running, someone with more relevant experience and higher profile and proven ability to change an organization rather than just adapt himself to how it's always been run in the past. If such a third candidate showed up, I would support him (or her) with the time and money that I could spare. Mostly money.

So you are ex-military? Why does that shit matter? Kinda doesn't fit in with your desire for someone who can change an organization rather than adapt himself to how it's always been in the past. 

Other than that, great post.

• Ben and TSO like this

#47 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

If you've seen the difference, you know the difference. Otherwise, it's just an opinion that you can't verify, which is fine.

#48 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

If you've seen the difference, you know the difference. Otherwise, it's just an opinion that you can't verify, which is fine.

Have you seen the difference by being part of the difference or not? Is it necessary to experience the difference to verify the opinion? Also, why would the difference be important to a civilian shooting game club? Seems like it might inculcate ideas about how to sweep unpleasant shit under rugs just as much as it might instill duty, honor, country etc. Since you are against having a USPSA Prez with LEO experience I wonder why you think military is so dissimilar? Is it because the "us vs. them" is on broader terms with military than it is in LE? For instance, the Jihadis are very unlike the average American, while a cop is actually very similar to a non-cop/ It's the culture of establishing an "us" and a "them" which I personally would rather a leader of a sporting organization I'm a part of have no history with. Outside affiliations and double standards are a bad influence in a group as diverse and (supposedly) ethical as USPSA.

Not saying there aren't honest cops and miltary peeps, but that those associations bring a lot of baggage and can influence decision-making and culture in organizations.

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#49 Alemonkey

Alemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

He was told about the Hendrix timer-lying more than two weeks before the rest of us and did, to my knowledge, nothing about it.

If true, that right there disqualifies him in my book.  Anyone who knew about PVH and ignored it is just as guilty as the cheater.

• GuruOfGuns likes this

I like turtles.

#50 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Have you seen the difference by being part of the difference or not? Is it necessary to experience the difference to verify the opinion? Also, why would the difference be important to a civilian shooting game club? Seems like it might inculcate ideas about how to sweep unpleasant shit under rugs just as much as it might instill duty, honor, country etc. Since you are against having a USPSA Prez with LEO experience I wonder why you think military is so dissimilar? Is it because the "us vs. them" is on broader terms with military than it is in LE? For instance, the Jihadis are very unlike the average American, while a cop is actually very similar to a non-cop/ It's the culture of establishing an "us" and a "them" which I personally would rather a leader of a sporting organization I'm a part of have no history with. Outside affiliations and double standards are a bad influence in a group as diverse and (supposedly) ethical as USPSA.

Not saying there aren't honest cops and miltary peeps, but that those associations bring a lot of baggage and can influence decision-making and culture in organizations.

No, you don't understand...

When we are talking about LEOs having the "Us vs. Them" attitude, that is bad.

When military have it, that's good (except for Coast Guard, then its bad).

• Twinkie likes this

Twinkie for GA SC!

#51 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

From overall reactions in less than 100 posts seems I running about 1 bad idea for every 3 good ideas. I'll take it.

#52 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

From overall reactions in less than 100 posts seems I running about 1 bad idea for every 3 good ideas. I'll take it.

Is that before, or after, you apply your pH Factor?

Twinkie for GA SC!

#53 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Acid Burn
  • Scarecrow likes this

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#54 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

And if you didn't see any difference, then there is no difference. Because there is no difference.

#55 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

No always but sometimes it's like politics in general, the people you know would do a great job don't want it and the ones that want it are the ones that shouldn't be in there. 

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#56 Cheap Shot

Cheap Shot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Think you can do a better job?

Run for election

Otherwise STFU, and quit
  • StrongHandOnly likes this

#57 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ghost post

• StrongHandOnly likes this

#58 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Area 4 so far as I know (and I am there) has not been officially informed of PVH unless they did it on friendster or myspace or whatever they used back 1992 (no joke, go to http://www.uspsa4.org and see for yourself)

USPSA Prez is the ultimate sponsorship. Free travel, free match entries, free shit left and right.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#59 fizux

fizux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Who the fuck worth their salt would take that Job. It pays what $50k a year? No fucking way I would take a pay cut to do that shit. Now if the BOD makes the compensation package more competitive with the what the market pays then maybe we could get a quality full time guy. Until then it is a part time job for a Douche that will continue to be marginalized with a spilt focus.

Does El Prez at least get comped reloading components and travel to matches, etc.?

Between powder prices these days and getting bare minimum necessities at the MFCEO's Pro Shop, it seems like one would spend $50k/yr on just shooting.

Twinkie for GA SC!

#60 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

I believe travel is.

And no shit, this sport will burn the cash.

2 open guns built per season - $8k

Travel to all majors - $12k

15k rounds per year - $5k

Hookers - $15k

ancillaries & per diem - $10k

= $50k

Not enough compensation at all to get any sort qualified talent at the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users