150 replies to this topic

#21 Howie Feltersnatch

Howie Feltersnatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

What kind of bullshit is that? No press check. Bad tactical Timmy.

That shit will get you killed.
  • Nilyplfcbc, Scoogeengindy and Geraldmn like this

#22 MelF

MelF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

4167q.jpg

#23 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

How come nobody has stated the fucking obvious:  Kick the fucking weapons platform back into battery a la Pinky and shoot all the ROs and steal everyone's lunch.

#24 midvalleyshooter

midvalleyshooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

John Moses Browning put that slide stop there for a reason! All the other gun makers copied him, so there it is. Use it.

#25 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

John Moses Browning put that slide stop there for a reason! All the other gun makers copied him, so there it is. Use it.

Heh. 

I had some fuckwit tell me "The slide stop wasn't designed for releasing the slide"

He shut right the fuck up when I quoted JMB's patents explicitly saying that he designed it for that very purpose. 

#26 Vegemite

Vegemite

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

..........For many other pistols it's placed where I have my strong hand thumb and I rather have a good grip I like than a slide stop that works if the gun runs dry. Occasionally racking on empty is just a small price to pay for a better grip.

This ^^^

#27 D-Boi

D-Boi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Rack it.... Under the stress of combat I will not be able to find a small slide release button after I have unloaded 15 rounds into the perp and am 360 scanning for other threats...

#28 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

I rack the slide, because I have noticed that when using the slide stop, occasionally I will press down on it hard enough to shift my grip.
Normally during a reload I don't have to break my grip at all, I can reach the mag catch and slide release without shifting my grip.
This is another reason I avoid shooting to slide lock, but this is all gamer shit.

#29 billb

billb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

I rack the slide because it's a  gross motor skill  and gross somewhat rimes with grocery. 

• StreuB1 likes this

Steel Challenge is my life

#30 Vegemite

Vegemite

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

My slide stop does not always engage. I don't care enough to get it fixed, or if it's my strong hand thumb position riding that stop like a $10 whore, I'm not changing my grip.

So I rack that shit.

#31 Snowgun

Snowgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Real ballers combat load -> Realize you're dry so ram that mag in hard enough for the slide to come down automatically. Works in polymer pistols, and in my shadow, but not my 1911.

“Whatever the Way, the master of strategy does not appear fast.” ― Miyamoto Musashi

#32 The Virus

The Virus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Time is life critically dynamic situations require lizard brain reactions.

#33 Alan E

Alan E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Time is life critically dynamic situations require lizard brain reactions.

So at slide lock lay out in the sun for 6 hours, I'm on it.

Hasn't all the "fine motor skills" stuff been debunked by rocket surgeons?

"No Discourse whatsoever, can End in absolute Knowledge of Fact." Thomas Hobbes

TY43606

#34 dicksnot

dicksnot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

Rack it.... Under the stress of combat I will not be able to find a small slide release button after I have unloaded 15 rounds into the perp and am 360 scanning for other threats...

Not sure if I'd be able to find that little trigger thingie either... or the sights! Might as well just leave it at home.

#35 Alex Gac

Alex Gac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I used to only rack that shit, but I've switched to using the slide stop/release lever thingy a few months ago.  I timed my dry reloads about 30 times with each method over about a week, and releasing the slide lock saved me about .23 seconds on average (with a rather low stdev).  There was no meaningful difference in my ability to reliably execute either method under time.

argumentum ad ignorantiam

#36 asontag

asontag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Real ballers combat load -> Realize you're dry so ram that mag in hard enough for the slide to come down automatically. Works in polymer pistols, and in my shadow, but not my 1911.

I can do this in my M&P. Too bad that it only strips a round off the mag about 1/2 the time. So it kind of fucks up the whole combat load dynamic when I have to be ready to rack that shit on the random times when I get a click instead of a bang after my cool combat load. 

#37 Howie Feltersnatch

Howie Feltersnatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I can do this in my M&P. Too bad that it only strips a round off the mag about 1/2 the time. So it kind of fucks up the whole combat load dynamic when I have to be ready to rack that shit on the random times when I get a click instead of a bang after my cool combat load.

You need to run it in straight for it to grab a round every time, if it goes in kattywampus at all andthe slide start closing before the mag is close to being seated.

#38 Snowgun

Snowgun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

It has worked 100% for me every time. In a shadow and a P30L. My buddy does it in his M&P and has never had a problem. Sounds like you need to either get new mag springs or wait till the end of the reload to bump the bottom of the grip...

“Whatever the Way, the master of strategy does not appear fast.” ― Miyamoto Musashi

#39 Control

Control

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I use the slide stop with my strong hand the majority of the time. If I'm using a 1911, I use my weak hand thumb. I find racking the slide to be unnecessarily slow when there's a control on the gun that will do the same job. 

I've NEVER gotten my Glock 19 to auto forward and I've tried all vectors, contortions, and incantations. Ain't happening on mine. My old M&P would auto forward with a level of (in)consistency that made it more annoying than anything. It wasn't frequent enough that I could rely on it, and when loading with shorter JHP rounds, they'd take a nosedive into the feed ramp.

"My father laid on you a heavy yoke; I will make it even heavier. My father scourged you with whips; I will scourge you with scorpions."

#40 Guest_PLUSONE_*

Guest_PLUSONE_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users