702 replies to this topic

#61 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'd be interested in hearing how The Inner Game of Tennis adds (if at all) to With Winning in Mind.

Will post my thoughts as I work through them both.  Thanks again for the recommendation.

#62 Fourtrax

Fourtrax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm all for an AVATAR adjustment when I need it.

I fixed it for you feckstick!

At least someone turned you on to Lanny, ..........

Maybe you are not a total dipshit. Lanny is the boss on mental shit!
I am a pre PTCRBH Doodie member. For all you post PTCRBH members, EABOD and piss off.

Best post ever,

DR. Yellow Visor Guy said....

"Glocks work. They're like that somewhat thick chick. They're low maintenance, will always put out and generally perform better at it than you'd expect."

#63 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

I fixed it for you feckstick!

At least someone turned you on to Lanny, ..........

Maybe you are not a total dipshit. Lanny is the boss on mental shit!

your weird fixation on my avatar is creepy

likely a manifestation of repressed latent homosexuality.

Go fuck a dude, you'll feel better.

#64 Fourtrax

Fourtrax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Cool story!
I am a pre PTCRBH Doodie member. For all you post PTCRBH members, EABOD and piss off.

Best post ever,

DR. Yellow Visor Guy said....

"Glocks work. They're like that somewhat thick chick. They're low maintenance, will always put out and generally perform better at it than you'd expect."

#65 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

This range diary needs more range, less diary. Make with the shooting content or Tanfo tuning or something.

• Miculek is a Noob likes this

#66 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

This range diary needs more range, less diary. Make with the shooting content or Tanfo tuning or something.

No Tanfos here.  I'm going to make GM with a Glock.

Plenty of range (at least dry fire) every day, I just don't post it here so as not to bore people to tears.

I've got the dead skin and sweat to prove it.  Plus I'm growing a weird bulbous callous on my bird finger knuckle from rubbing on the trigger guard.

IMG_10101_zpsc32e9e1f.jpg

• Ben and Twinkie like this

#67 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

You sure you didn't drop that in the toilet?  Use your tooth brush and some bleach on that bitch.

#68 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

or just drop it back in but remember to flush it this time before it Ka-Booms on you.

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#69 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

One thing I've been experimenting with is short choppy steps vs. one powerful long stride in my position entry/exit.

Trying to shake that feeling that I'm trying to explode out of a kiddie pool filled with wet concrete when effecting my exit.

Funny how one moves differently with/without a gun in the hand.

Movement is an area from which I can save a whole lot of time.

#70 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Dry fire tonight.

Anyone else find the par for "Reloads" drill insane?  I've have not yet gotten past maybe 2-3 shots on the last target before the buzzer goes off.

#71 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

It's a bit hard for me since I can't even do fast splits in dryfire. Yes, 5 sec is pretty hard core.

#72 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

Dry fire tonight.

Anyone else find the par for "Reloads" drill insane? I've have not yet gotten past maybe 2-3 shots on the last target before the buzzer goes off.

Sub 1 sec draw and reloads with 15 .15 or faster splits

#73 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Club match:  

I hit big goals today.  Personal best overall finish as well as personal best classifier score.  What a difference "getting my mind right" makes!

Having read and applied the principles of With Winning in Mind, I went in focused on PROCESS and took each stage at a time.

I was able to just go out and shoot.  Process > Results

Feeling good right now.

Thanks so much again, Stubb (and Twinkie), for setting me straight.

• Twinkie and dels like this

#74 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

Updated OP for 2014 in review and 2015 goals.

Shot a local match today, cold weather was doing some wonky stuff to my gun.  Had three light primer strikes (first malfunctions ever) which I'm going to guess was due to the cold causing the metal of the striker spring (reduced power 4.5#) to contract?  As the weather warmed I had no problems.

On that note, need to work on remedial action drills.

Classifier "Partial People Eaters" ate my lunch.  Need to work on SHO/WHO.

In spite of some problems, came on strong late and made a good finish.

Can't tell you how big a deal it is that I finally learned to "wipe the slate clean" after each stage.  I played basketball/baseball in HS and if I missed a shot or struck out, I'd get so fucking pissed at myself, it ate at me and my play deteriorated that much more because I wasn't focused.  Learning to be coolly disinterested in the results and just take each stage at a time is huge.  Plenty of time to look at Practiscore and analyze the results AFTER the match!

• GuanoLoco likes this

#75 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Your light primer strikes are more likely from oil/grease in the striker channel being cold and slowing things down ever so slightly.

Good to wipe the slate clean between stages but I'm working on not rethinking a mistake or shot while my body is still shooting on cruise control! Hard to push it while cruising.

#76 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Fucking Glocks with the light strikes!

#77 SteveC5ws6

SteveC5ws6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWeston, WV

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

Take that damn reduced power striker spring out and toss it...... it's a half assed short cut way of reducing the trigger pull at the cost of reliability. you CAN get a good trigger pull without sacrificing reliability. Clean your striker channel with some q-tips too. it gets quite dirty. 

clean your gun in general dead skin... gross... as for the glock finger... yeah, that stuff is nasty. lots of lotion.. and eventually you'll still have to file it down.

#78 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

as for the glock finger... yeah, that stuff is nasty. lots of lotion.. and eventually you'll still have to file it down.

I never file mine down and it works fine.

9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#79 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Had the pleasure of meeting several DP members at Saturday's match.  

Came in right behind Twinkie in Production.

As alluded to, it was a sloppy match that nobody shot entirely cleanly, but some (ME) were sloppier than others.

I partially attribute it to a tough match overall, I'd say tougher than average for that club.

Identified multiple areas needing improvement:

1.  Stage planning- always be making points.  Minimize time I'm not shooting.  I think sometimes I pick the easiest/simplest to remember plan and just lock it in.

2.  Having realistic stage plans that I can execute.  Got burned on one particular stage because during walkthough, I kinda non-chalantly told myself the ones I'd take on the move, then when shooting the stage realized no way I can take it moving and had to stop moving to take it.  This is something to be corrected through livefire, and learn my limits for shooting while moving.

3.  SHO/WHO deficiencies.  That's been a problem for me the last few matches and it seems like all the classifiers I've shot lately have a SHO/WHO component.  Find myself "wobbling" a whole lot and miking a bunch.  To be corrected through diligent focus in dryfire.

On that note, last two nights spent maybe 40 minutes in dryfire, starting and ending with SHO/WHO drills.  Will continue to start and end with it for the next many sessions.  I'm experimenting and breaking down my one-handed grips to see if that part can be improved, and learning how much force is optimal.  Trigger control, especially WH, needs work.  Also worked on shooting on the move and quick step drills.  

• Twinkie and Stubb like this

#80 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

1.  Stage planning- always be making points.  Minimize time I'm not shooting.  I think sometimes I pick the easiest/simplest to remember plan and just lock it in.

The amount of time you can save taking targets on the move is no joke. It's something to fiddle around with in practice. Set up some mini stages with 4 or 5 targets, write down your time & points shooting them on the move vs. running to a position and blasting them from there. The results might surprise you. Twinkie and I did some fiddling around with shooting a plate rack in a drill, and the HF actually worked out better shooting it on the move at 10 yards. Neither the shooting nor the moving was as fast as running to the destination and shooting from there, but it paid off since we were doing both at the same time.

• Twinkie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users