#1 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

My change of platform started yesterday, Production gear M&P. I had previously shot Limited for a short time, the Single Stack for about 3 years. I reached my goal, got stale and life took some turns, but I'm back after a long break.

Bought the Boss Holster, ghost mag pouches and belt. I read all of Ben's books, watched the video a few times while I was overseas the past month and thought ok, I'll go with the bullets out etc... I figured Ben had done the R&D so it was the way to go. Ergonomically it makes a ton of sense.

But I sucked at the grip index with bullets out, decided on the second day of dry fire I'll switch one pouch and see if the is a big difference. Yep, it was drastic, all of a sudden I can get my index and find the magwell much faster.

Also the factory basepads with those big fucking lips on them make it tough to get a good grip on the mag to really do fast reloads. Just ordered a boatload of compact basepads to solve that problem. Yeah, I already feel like Dr. Yellow Visor Guy!

I'm no where even near ready to start drawing on targets, it's blank wall time for me getting used to this fucking hinged trigger.
  • JohnnySr likes this

#2 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Range diaries are for teenage girls. You and pre-teen Tori could've hung out.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#3 Reacharound

Reacharound

HondaTim nuthugger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationSouth Central L.A.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

I fuck-started her post-teen head.

#4 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Also the factory basepads with those big fucking lips on them make it tough to get a good grip on the mag to really do fast reloads. Just ordered a boatload of compact basepads to solve that problem. Yeah, I already feel like Dr. Yellow Visor Guy!

http://shop.springer...8&categoryId=25

Theses were made when I requested the shortest possible lip on the basepad possible. They rock.

#5 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Theses were made when I requested the shortest possible lip on the basepad possible. They rock.

Production legal?

#6 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Production legal?

Yes. I threw some grip tape from the pro shop on them and they are just about perfect.

#7 Ateam111

Ateam111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

WTF are we talking about?  So you almost started shooting again.  OK Sweet.

#8 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ordered 2 to try them out

#9 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

Production Optics legal?

Also, M&P's can EABOD. 

• Nimrod likes this

#10 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Practice session yesterday with an M&P 4.25" car gun, stock white dot sights. Shot at a new range, the two guys I shot with are forming a new club, first match will be in September.

I had dry fired quite a bit during the week, so wasn't too bad considering my gun was too wide for the holster as I hit a couple of 1.10 draws on 7 yard targets. Reloads were too low and still sloppy. I'm working on the lower reload MFCEO teaches. The M&P mag angle is just enough different that I'm still not there yet. The more angled forward entry needed compared to a 1911 seriously hurts my reloads, they seldom seem to hit dead center.

Shooting steel with a white dot front sight is a joke/stupid idea, especially when my eyes are not great anyway.

Oh yeah, out of the box stock hinge triggers SUCK

Oh yeah, sold that fucking gun today!

CZ here I come

I love the looks of the full dust cover, but still thinking the ACCU Lite might be a better choice.

Decisions decisions.

Good news is I leave Tuesday for a month, so I have time to think it through

Edited to add: was just told the Lite is not Production Legal, Full Dust cover it is

#11 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Reading skills and drills, looks like I need to work towards these goals. SHO WHO stuff to be added later

Shooting goals broken down by skills with production legal gear

Draw to 10 "A": sub 1.0

Turning Draw to 10 yard "A": 1.15

Standing reload: sub 1.1

7 yard splits "A": .18

7 yard transition in 1 yard spaced targets: .25

#12 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Dry fire is nice but you should just get out and shoot!

Pick a handful of live fire drills and stick with them for awhile that way you can see your progress. I have been doing the same few drills for the past three months and I am starting to see improvement. The drills show where you are lacking, then you dry fire to improve those areas. Then head back out and live fire the same drills to see if it's working.

It has taken most of the summer but the improvement is starting to accelerate.

When I did different drills all the time all I ever did was find out what sucked, I never was able to really chart any improvement. By working on the same things for an extended period I have been able to really make some gains in those areas.

YMMV
  • barry owens likes this
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#13 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

Wait...are you on the M&P or CZ by now?

#14 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

Wait...are you on the M&P or CZ by now?

CZ's have been ordered. An ACCU and a SP01 Shadow.

Here is the story, I went to a practice session with two buddies. It was my first live fire with the M&P, it was just ok at best but I chalked it up to only 5 days of dry fire on a new platform. On the way home (we car pooled) we stopped at one guys house and we went in and he was showing me some of his other guns as he had quite a collection. He pulled out a brand new CZ Custom Shadow, handed it to me and in about 15 seconds I realized an M&P would never be equal to the Shadow. Within 10 days I had sold the M&P, as well as my tricked out Millenium Custom SS to fund the CZ's. In doing so I'm selling all .45 related items to make reloading easier. I still have a tricked out Springfield Loaded .45 to sell when I get home. I really like to just deal with one platform that crosses from competition to carry, so I also went for a P-09 and will be ordering a P-07 for my wife.

All .45 dies will be going too, just no need anymore. Luckily I had no problem selling the 10k plus large primers :)

If I ever wanted to go back to SS, I would go .40 so I can stay with the small primer system.

#15 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

All that to figure out a CZ beats a M&P?

Buy my Stock 3.

• barry owens likes this

#16 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

All that to figure out a CZ beats a M&P?

Buy my Stock 3.

Unicorns don't exist, they are a figment of your imagination :)

I'll use a CZ and work on my game

#17 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

I really like to just deal with one platform that crosses from competition to carry, so I also went for a P-09 and will be ordering a P-07 for my wife.

If you want to go totally baller for CZ carry, be on the lookout for a Compact Shadow. CZC gets them in on occasion. Works great for junk carry.

I'd be interested in hearing whether P-07/09 magazines fit in a standard CZ 75 magazine holder.

#18 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

If you want to go totally baller for CZ carry, be on the lookout for a Compact Shadow. CZC gets them in on occasion. Works great for junk carry.

I'd be interested in hearing whether P-07/09 magazines fit in a standard CZ 75 magazine holder.

That is a cool gun, I've always carried full sized 1911's

#19 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

The Compact L have a FPB can be worked over to have a very nice trigger with a few CGW parts and a bit of TLC. I figured FPB wasn't a bad thing to have on a carry gun anyway. 
This size CZ has a short enough barrel to qualify for IDPA Bug Gun matches. 

post-5445-0-83560200-1406643484.jpg

#20 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

The Compact L have a FPB can be worked over to have a very nice trigger with a few CGW parts and a bit of TLC. I figured FPB wasn't a bad thing to have on a carry gun anyway. 
This size CZ has a short enough barrel to qualify for IDPA Bug Gun matches. 

post-5445-0-83560200-1406643484.jpg

Sweet Blaster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users