#41 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Ok, I do agree that in closer has big time merits as you can push the gun back out like for a draw.

I think you have the right idea, in close and high

Thanks

#42 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have a TS. Is it much larger than that?

I have a TS. Is it much larger than that?

It felt and looked massive and brick-like. The midget low slide on the CZ-75 became a massive high thing like a 1911, but without the sweet lines JMB intended. Frankly, the looks alone DQd that gun from my mind almost immediately.

#43 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Ok, back on topic
After watching Ben's video several times and reading all of his books I need to ask a question.
He talks about doing reloads lower, told Hopkins to lower his reload in the DVD so what's the deal?
I dry fired for several years looking into the magwell with the gun held high, I dry fired for a week (albeit with a fucking plastic platform) and just had problems nailing clean reloads. My question is, are you guys reloading lower as Ben says? If so wad it a smooth transition from the higher reload?
I'm not afraid of reps, but it really seems like it should be easier to hit a smooth reload when you can see inside the magwell.

I'm not Travis, Ben, etc but I've done a few reloads on different gats and got good enough on them to do OK. To get to sub 1s I had to start bringing the gun in and a bit lower than eye line, and doing it all basically not seeing into the magwell. It looks kinda freaky now, when I started things looked nice and perfect like Travis does it. I simply can't do it without using the prioperception index developed over a fuck-ton of reps. My hands just know where to go and I shovel mags in.

I played around with where to do it, and feeling I needed to point shit at other shit, develop a perfect index, etc. I came to the conclusion that you just jam mags at the gun and fail until you can't fail anymore. Burkett loads and the other thing from Ben's book didn't seem to help at all; yet after doing them for months I suddenly got way better. So that's what I'd recommend. Also, try that magwell-look-in-the-mag thing while running around. You'll figure out in a hurry where your natural reload index should be.

#44 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Lower helped me.  

I was faster shoving the gun back out from a lower position than i was bringing a mag up higher with my weak hand.

I can't get sub 1 second in dry fire 100%.  I end up fucking it up and throwing the mag through drywall every now and then.

#45 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

I dry fired for several years looking into the magwell with the gun held high, I dry fired for a week (albeit with a fucking plastic platform) and just had problems nailing clean reloads.

My what a hater you've become.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#46 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Twinkie

Most of the time when doing running reloads I have enough time, it's the classifier fucking stand and shoots I'm trying to master.

Your explanation makes perfect sense, I did so many with my single stack it was automatic. The different mag angle of that fucking M&P fucked me up. It was much more angled than a SS .45. I'm hoping (fuck, just checked) WAS hoping ( just went and fucking looked and I'm fucked again) the CZ Shadow would have a more upright mag angle like the 1911.

FML

Oh well

Looks like I need to re-fucking-train my skillz
  • Twinkie likes this

#47 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

My what a hater you've become.

Read the post below yours, I'm hating on the new one now and it has not even arrived yet.

#48 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

I did so many with my single stack it was automatic.

Because 1911's are magic.

The day will come when the MFCEO switches divisions and goes 1911 or 2011 and all you nuthuggers are going to come back to the light.

Plastic sucks, DA guns exist in competition only because the rules force people to shoot them.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#49 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Something else that I picked up from one of MFCEO's books is focusing on staying relaxed during draws and reloads. It isn't easy to do but it has helped me to identify that tension is the source of a good majority of my missed reloads. 

#50 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Read the post below yours, I'm hating on the new one now and it has not even arrived yet.

At least you are an equal opportunity hater :).
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#51 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

Something else that I picked up from one of MFCEO's books is focusing on staying relaxed during draws and reloads. It isn't easy to do but it has helped me to identify that tension is the source of a good majority of my missed reloads.

I also think it's easier to relax and be loose on draws and reloads when you've done a million of them.

#52 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

I worked to bring my reload closer in and a little lower after MFCEO's class. I basically was doing reloads that way while moving anyway.
The thing I've found is that the lower and closer reload is faster for me because I get both hands back on the gun sooner, that means I have a good grip sooner, which leads to a more stable gun faster. I rotate the gun over farther so I can still see the magwell with the gun lower.
  • Twinkie likes this

#53 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

At least you are an equal opportunity hater :).

Not true....both guns are black, I'm sure of it.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

#54 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Where's the damn CZs?

#55 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

One is at Cajun, P-09
David is doing a trigger job

Two at CZ Custom, might get them in Sept., ACCU Shadow and a SP-01 Shadow.
Leupold Delta Point-2 is going on the SP-01 Shadow

#56 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Production is dumb.

Optics are dumb.

Production Optics is dumbest.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#57 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

You should put a 3-9x scope on one.

#58 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

1-6x with a Switchview

#59 dels

dels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

For me, bringing in the reload lower helps when I'm on the move.  More consistent when the gun is not bouncing around up high.

#60 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

One is at Cajun, P-09
David is doing a trigger job

Two at CZ Custom, might get them in Sept., ACCU Shadow and a SP-01 Shadow.
Leupold Delta Point-2 is going on the SP-01 Shadow

If you decide to sell these after 1 dry fire session, 1 live practice session, and 3 Doodie posts about your training plan and why it didn't work, can I buy them from you?  Not that this sequence of events would ever take place...

No one likes me, and I don't care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users