56 replies to this topic

#21 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Oh I almost forgot: if you want to clip a CED 7000 to your belt, you need to buy a $15 accessory which is total bullshit.

#22 cautery

cautery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Pricing aside...  (I bought two when I got our 2 CED 7000s)  I DO like that it is a separate attachment.  While it can be a useful attachment point when you are practicing and don't have a table next to you,, I like being able to remove it when I am using the timer to run shooters.  I use the wrist strap (which of course can be unclipped in favor of a neck strap and/or a spring-loaded reel).

The belt clip spends most of its ongoing life in my bag....

#23 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

You can 3D print your own for like 10 cents but for most people it's easier to pay $15 than it is to find a 3D printer and learn to use it.

#24 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

You can 3D print your own for like 10 cents but for most people it's easier to pay $15 than it is to find a 3D printer and learn to use it.

Are 3d printers down to $15 now? Need one of them.

#25 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

These ought to be in the Pro Shop much dependable over those fancy beepers.  We should have another Nationals using these, hey that would be perfect for the first Production Optic 8 Round Major Nationals.

0009512184413_500X500.jpg

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#26 V2plus25

V2plus25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

Had the pocket pro and liked it except for the non-adjustable volume. Putting several layers of tape over the speaker didn't seem to help much for keeping the volume down for dry-fire practice indoors.

Sold it and went for the CED7000. I like it except for the screen washing out in direct sunlight as previously mentioned. Gonna stick with it even though I had to pay extra for the belt clip.

#27 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

I'm looking into replacing the LCD screen on the CED7000 with a model that doesn't wash out in sunlight.

Unfortunately, this will also mean it won't be backlit so indoor range stuff might be a thing if you care about that.

• Ben and Twinkie like this

#28 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

I'm looking into replacing the LCD screen on the CED7000 with a model that doesn't wash out in sunlight.

Unfortunately, this will also mean it won't be backlit so indoor range stuff might be a thing if you care about that.

Keep us informed. If it costs less than say $50 might be worth doing.
  • Ben likes this

#29 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

No matter what, you'll have to know how to solder.

#30 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

No matter what, you'll have to know how to solder.

I do, but don't have the iron and solder around anymore. That was for a job in High Scrool. I was hoping it could be done by someone else for $50 or less. Fuck it, sounds like I need one of those big ugly blue boxes with a smoke alarm inside to be my timer for outdoors.

#31 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062753

Thought these were cheaper. Use one to install alarms, new blower motors etc in my car.

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#32 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

I used something like this for a while. It's painful for serious soldering but it will get the job done for simple stuff: http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062758

Or just find a local nerd and pay them $5.

#33 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

FRC will fire up the Lincoln buzz box and burn that shot in permanent.
  • GuruOfGuns likes this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#34 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

After taking the timer apart and talking to the manufacturer, I found that the LCD screen is custom made so you can't just replace it.

If I actually knew anything about LCD screens beforehand I probably would have known that without taking the thing apart.

#35 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

After taking the timer apart and talking to the manufacturer, I found that the LCD screen is custom made so you can't just replace it.

If I actually knew anything about LCD screens beforehand I probably would have known that without taking the thing apart.

I respect your tenacity. Makes me want a Pocket Pro big box thing even more.

#36 V2plus25

V2plus25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

Fck! I liked the pocket pro. Why the hell didn't they have an adjustable volume? Apparently no one has 1 yr olds at home who are easily awakened by loud beeps except for me. Oh wait, it could also be my foul language after missing a reload/par time/whatever during the dry fire sessions the wife barely tolerates.

#37 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

Had the pocket pro and liked it except for the non-adjustable volume. Putting several layers of tape over the speaker didn't seem to help much for keeping the volume down for dry-fire practice indoors.

I simply run the SureFire ShotTimer app on my iPhone for dry-fire practice. My Pocket Pro II stays in my range bag between live-fire outings.

#38 a-shot

a-shot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Anyone rock that new shotmaxx yet? There is another thread and they'll be illegal, thanks everyone. Y'all are the best, and by best I mean the worst.

#39 S0metimes 0perates

S0metimes 0perates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe old continent

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

I just got the Shotmaxx and have tried it a couple of times now. I like it. My old timer is Pact (the bigger one) and the Shotmaxx is just all around better for practice. It does not get in the way, I don't lose it while filling mags and I can get my own times even if some one else is shooting close by.

Long term worries include what happes when the internal battery loses capacity and if it can really keep working for 10 eyars like Pact did.

#40 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

I simply run the SureFire ShotTimer app on my iPhone for dry-fire practice. My Pocket Pro II stays in my range bag between live-fire outings.

I had a buddy of mine write a dryfire par timer app for me because I finally lost the SureFire one. He did so, got it just like I like it, and put it on the App Store. It's called Par Timer and it is simply that with some nice little features like a random start and huge start/stop button.

Full disclosure: I am not being paid in any way for this, I just use the hell out of it because he made it for me. I had free test versions but still bought the $2.99 release version to say thanks. Try it out if you want.

• Freeborn Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users