366 replies to this topic

#41 Todd7446

Todd7446

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

I know I'm pissing into the wind trying to get the "Jay-sonites" to see what I'm saying but think of this - half of the people on this site were threatened with a Libel suit by Jay's friends on the A6 fb page. We all laughed about it and kept up the pressure. Jay quit. What do you think the difference is?

Sure seems like Jay has been feeding A6 shit and A6 kept asking for seconds.

I'm no "Jay-sonite" - never met him, don't know him.  But I look at it like this:

"I'm gonna sue all you motherfuckers for libel (or lible as one notable A6 member spelled it)" - one person or a couple of people speaking to a broad group of people.  What's the probability of this happening?  One or a couple of people ponying up to retain a lawyer in a suit against multiple defendants, and showing damage against each and every one?  Seems like about zero to me.

Pres & ED threatening libel against an AD, presumably on behalf of USPSA.  Now, the organization is footing the bill in a targeted suit against one person.  Did the organization suffer damages?  Yeah probably, but one could legitimately argue who caused them (as not being the AD).  Either way you look at it, much higher probability of (significant) out-of-pocket expenses by the individual.

Now I'm no attorney, and it's been a couple weeks since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so take that with a grain of salt.  Just my $0.02.

• Scott likes this

#42 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Enough beating around the bush.

It is pretty clear who is bringing disrepute to the sport - and its not Jay Corn, Chuck Anderson, A6 FB posters or Doodies...

Dear Phil, Kim and associates.  There is an honorable way out of this mess.  Feel free to follow Chuck and Jay's leadership in this matter.  Respect!

keep-calm-and-commit-seppuku-8.png

SEPPUKU_by_mark_san.jpg

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#43 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Can we impeach our Dumb ass Prez? Or can we force a new election now?

#44 mcb

mcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost between SASS and USPSA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

No

Darn!
Getting killed on the street is dumb!

#45 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm no "Jay-sonite" - never met him, don't know him.  But I look at it like this:

"I'm gonna sue all you motherfuckers for libel (or lible as one notable A6 member spelled it)" - one person or a couple of people speaking to a broad group of people.  What's the probability of this happening?  One or a couple of people ponying up to retain a lawyer in a suit against multiple defendants, and showing damage against each and every one?  Seems like about zero to me.

Pres & ED threatening libel against an AD, presumably on behalf of USPSA.  Now, the organization is footing the bill in a targeted suit against one person.  Did the organization suffer damages?  Yeah probably, but one could legitimately argue who caused them (as not being the AD).  Either way you look at it, much higher probability of (significant) out-of-pocket expenses by the individual.

Now I'm no attorney, and it's been a couple weeks since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, so take that with a grain of salt.  Just my $0.02.

I don't think the Pres had anything to do with it and from what I read in Jay's post the ED personally threatened to sue Jay. Jay has straight up said the ED lied and tried to defraud USPSA. I have to assume THAT is why she threatened to sue him and also why Jay tucked his tail and ran.  If what Jay has been saying is untrue he does have a pretty big problem on his hands - a problem HE created.

I never drank the cool-aid - the stuff Jay was spreading was just too over the top to be true. Add in clowns like Bond, Noise and McBurnett and there is more than enough reason to doubt what they are saying. Loud and shrill doesn't not mean right or indignant. Sometimes it means bat shit crazy.

• Ben, poopgiggle and jakemartens like this

#46 Todd7446

Todd7446

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

I don't think the Pres had anything to do with it and from what I read in Jay's post the ED personally threatened to sue Jay. Jay has straight up said the ED lied and tried to defraud USPSA. I have to assume THAT is why she threatened to sue him and also why Jay tucked his tail and ran.  If what Jay has been saying is untrue he does have a pretty big problem on his hands - a problem HE created.

I never drank the cool-aid - the stuff Jay was spreading was just too over the top to be true. Add in clowns like Bond, Noise and McBurnett and there is more than enough reason to doubt what they are saying. Loud and shrill doesn't not mean right or indignant. Sometimes it means bat shit crazy.

Pres has nothing to do with it?  (Only going by what I read)

As of tonight, I have resigned as Area 6 Director, effective immediately.

The fact is Kim Williams has on multiple occasions, in writing, threatened to sue me and other members. Phil Strader also threatened me on multiple occasions with removal and stated I would need legal counsel. I feel that the BOD has not taken these actions seriously. I feel the multitude of issues at home office that have put me in a liability position and the threat of legal have both made it impossible for me to be an effective Area Director. There are several other factors that lead to this, too many to list here. As a volunteer it is not worth sacrificing my family or my happiness.

I sincerely appreciate the amazing amount of support the people of USPSA have given me. I look forward to enjoying the sport I once called a hobby.

#47 Username

Username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Pres has nothing to do with it? (Only going by what I read)

As of tonight, I have resigned as Area 6 Director, effective immediately.

The fact is Kim Williams has on multiple occasions, in writing, threatened to sue me and other members. Phil Strader also threatened me on multiple occasions with removal and stated I would need legal counsel.

Doesn't sound like the Pres threatened to sue Jay, he threated to seek his removal. Even if I'm wrong it doesn't change the basic point.

#48 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Stay In Your Lane, Peckerwood.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#49 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Reading the A6 page it is amazing to me how much people are taking the very limited information they have and running with it.

I would LOVE to hear all sides of this story but I don't think they will all be forthcoming.

• Alex Gac and ncav8tor like this

#50 RadarTech

RadarTech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I don't think the Pres had anything to do with it and from what I read in Jay's post the ED personally threatened to sue Jay. Jay has straight up said the ED lied and tried to defraud USPSA. I have to assume THAT is why she threatened to sue him and also why Jay tucked his tail and ran. If what Jay has been saying is untrue he does have a pretty big problem on his hands - a problem HE created.

Dude,
I have added nothing to this latest junk... And won't. So leave me out of it.

#51 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

http://www.uspsa.org...es/20140804.pdf

Nearly all of the problems came down to the lack of two important items: Communications and Trust.

The entire BOD agreed to improve on both, as the survival of the entire organization is depends on it.

So, how's that working out so far?

• Ben likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#52 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Enough beating around the bush.It is pretty clear who is bringing disrepute to the sport - and its not Jay Corn, Chuck Anderson, A6 FB posters or Doodies...Dear Phil, Kim and associates. There is an honorable way out of this mess. Feel free to follow Chuck and Jay's leadership in this matter. Respect!keep-calm-and-commit-seppuku-8.pngSEPPUKU_by_mark_san.jpg

Seppuku is done with the short blade, your buddy cuts your head off with the long blade once you have demonstrated courage to partially disembowel yourself for an otherwise slow and painful death with an up-across-down cut of your abdomen (or similar pattern of your choice).
  • barry owens, subQ and GuruOfGuns like this

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#53 Alemonkey

Alemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

It's certainly possible that what Jay was saying wasn't true, but the fact that Chuck resigned at the same time (earlier than previously planned) makes me think there's more to it than just hot air. Through all the drama of the last few months he's one guy for whom I have gained a lot of respect. I'd like to hear his perspective. Even douchenozzles like Bond can occasionally pick the right side of an issue.

Of course, maybe Chuck just got tired of all the drama llamas and decided to say the hell with this crap. Can't say I'd blame him.
  • LeadChucker likes this

I like turtles.

#54 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

Okay, who is going to go to A6 FB to tell them that they are bringing disrepute to the sport and they just need to be respectful and patient to let the process work?  

Check out the brain on Alma. That's so good it needs repeating.

• Alma likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#55 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

MFCEO should interview Jay and Chuck on his podcast. The question would be a simple one: WTF is going on with USPSA HQ?

I would have lots of questions. I can assure you that Jay wouldn't like some of them.

• jakemartens, jthhapkido, Matt_Mc and 5 others like this

#56 CB45

CB45

Granpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

I would have lots of questions. I can assure you that Jay wouldn't like some of them.

Well now I'm interested.

#57 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well now I'm interested.

ditto
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#58 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Time for a Coup d'├ętat!

#59 Alemonkey

Alemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

The cluelessness of some of the people on the Area 6 Failbook page is amazing. I think they honestly don't understand how hypocritical they sound now that they're the ones calling for action. Now, if what Jay is saying is true then I agree the membership needs to raise a stink, but it blows my mind that they can't understand why so many of us think they're being hypocrites.

I like turtles.

#60 Alma

Alma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Chuck Anderson for USPSA President. 

• B_Seehawer and LeadChucker like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users