393 replies to this topic

#341 BDSoverflow

BDSoverflow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

FRC turns a Hi-Point into a world beater, just imagine what they would do with a unicorn. Probably be declared illegal.

My thoughts exactly. Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410040770.425079.jpg   46.84KB   15 downloads

#342 Zsavage81

Zsavage81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

I did the MFCEO tuning job last night. 

6lb recoil spring and whatever firing pin spring came with it

Please tell me that 6 is a typo?

And if you are running the extra power wolf firing pin spring good luck getting anything to pop, you'd do better to stick the factory FP spring back in the gun.

A-79083 Production-M

#343 Zsavage81

Zsavage81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Have any of you guys tried Mont Blanc clicky pen springs?
Get rid of that Bic shit

In my opinion, the Henning trigger plunger spring kit is more ideal than using pen springs. 18# spring is really nice!
  • Dr. Yellow Visor Guy likes this

A-79083 Production-M

#344 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

I did a 6# recoil spring as a test. Gun was a bit sluggish and recoil seemed strong. Gun worked fine for a few mags, and then I got tired of the recoil characteristics.Tried everything from 6-10. All worked.

I'm using a 9# now and like it fine.

#345 Zsavage81

Zsavage81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

I did a 6# recoil spring as a test. Gun was a bit sluggish and recoil seemed strong. Gun worked fine for a few mags, and then I got tired of the recoil characteristics.Tried everything from 6-10. All worked.

I'm using a 9# now and like it fine.

Put 500 rounds on it and your slide is going to be moving back into battery in slow motion. Couple of mags probably isn't enough for the spring to take a set and the dirtier the gun gets the worse it's going to make it. Plus, the MFCEO doesn't run a 6# recoil spring!

I've been running the 9#, but they seem to wear out kinda quick (like 6-8k before I notice a difference in the slide returning to battery on a dirty gun). I've got a 10# in my new backup gun that I'm going to test out.

A-79083 Production-M

#346 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

Put 500 rounds on it and your slide is going to be moving back into battery in slow motion. Couple of mags probably isn't enough for the spring to take a set and the dirtier the gun gets the worse it's going to make it. Plus, the MFCEO doesn't run a 6# recoil spring!

I've been running the 9#, but they seem to wear out kinda quick (like 6-8k before I notice a difference in the slide returning to battery on a dirty gun). I've got a 10# in my new backup gun that I'm going to test out.

You make a compelling point that MFCEO does not do a thing therefore I should not do that thing.

I have no idea how long a 6# would last. Doesn't matter since I didn't like it even when it was new.

Maybe I like a slow slide? I've always tried to see sights lift and what I needed to see.

• Zsavage81 likes this

#347 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:24 AM

After running the 10 lbs recoil spring I couldn't imagine running the 6 lbs.

I'm running the Wolff 10 lbs with the recoil spring that comes with it.  

Zach:  You said not to do that, but mines popping primers just fine so far?

#348 Zsavage81

Zsavage81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

After running the 10 lbs recoil spring I couldn't imagine running the 6 lbs.

I'm running the Wolff 10 lbs with the recoil spring that comes with it.  

Zach:  You said not to do that, but mines popping primers just fine so far?

You mean firing pin spring? The firing pin spring that comes with the Wolff recoil spring is extra power (or all the ones I've gotten are), so you're making the hammer overcome more spring pressure with the Wolff which is going to mean less force applied to the primer by the firing pin. Most of us are trying to get the FP to hit the primer as hard as possible, I don't know of a reason to make it hit less? Obviously I don't know what other parts you're running which could influence this, like hammer spring weight, firing pin, and if you've clipped that FP spring.

A-79083 Production-M

#349 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

I tried the 6#. It was really nice for 200rds, but as soon as the gun got a little dirty it was sloooooooooooww to cycle. 

The 8# has been working well. 

• Twinkie likes this

#350 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

I like the 6.275 # recoil spring with the factory FP spring that I clip 3.2 coils and polish with flitz before each match. Oh yeah , I also have to file my primers down to .004 thickness and lube the gun with chicken blood and rum and have a Hudu witch cast a spell on them.

but other than that it works great...... like 99.999%

• rballz, Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, B_Seehawer and 1 other like this

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#351 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm guessing it's real accurate, too. 

When you do your part.

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy likes this

#352 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

...and has no recoil with the right loads.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#353 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Henning's site listed the 6lb recoil spring as the one for under 140 PF, which is what I am using so that is what I ordered. The cat seems to be on top of his game with this type of stuff.

If it doesn't work well, I'll buy a different one. I don't get the static. I have a 10# that came on the Stock 1, I know it works well.

With the FP spring, I contacted the Pro Shop and they recommend against using the one Wolff provides with the recoil spring. No problem, it takes a minute of my time to swap it out.

#354 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

I like the 6.275 # recoil spring with the factory FP spring that I clip 3.2 coils and polish with flitz before each match. Oh yeah , I also have to file my primers down to .004 thickness and lube the gun with chicken blood and rum and have a Hudu witch cast a spell on them.

but other than that it works great...... like 99.999%

Tanfos, they are sick. They cannot have good trigger with shitty primers. Fed primers they shoot very much. Shitty primers, Tanfos are afraid.

I ask Jobu to come, take fear from Tanfos. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
  • rballz, chachacha and LeadChucker like this

#355 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

My experiment today had mixed results.

I have seven FTF on DA with S&B primers. All went off on 2nd strike.

I had two complete duds with Tula. Ever went off, didn't have my 1911 handy to see if they were in fact duds.

One DA FTF with Tula.

These are in 100 rd groups of loaded ammo, all case-gauged and inspected for good primer seating.

My plan of action going forward is to buy more shitty primers and use those rounds for practice, and carry a Barney mag with Feds for the DA. That way the Feds will last longer. For matches, I'm always using the Feds. It helps a lot that the cheap primers have a different color than Federals.

#356 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

EGD light main with henning pin? Any trimming of the following spring? Regular hammer or extreme?

#357 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

EGD light main with henning pin? Any trimming of the following spring? Regular hammer or extreme?

EGD light main, EGD Hammer, Henning FP. Some sort of FP spring trimmed way down. Also have an EGD FP block fitted to clearance the FP.

#358 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

You guys are amazing with all this springology going on.

Honest question, is this gun that much better than a CZ (which is similar) that it's worth all the headaches?

#359 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Frenchie makes a FPB?  

#360 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Frenchie makes a FPB?

Yeah. Pro shop and Zach savage have them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tanfoglio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users