#21 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

I think if we stopped losing 10K to crying bonuses and $144K to credit cards we might be able to afford some college kid or old dude to cobble together a scoring system and maintain it for a few years. I finally read Front Sight and Kim's life story and tale of woe. She's got 2 kids to feed so we need to cut her some slack. Stop asking questions or demanding accountability or competence. She *needs* this job.

Then maybe she should start doing her job! Submit receipts, follow through on her plans as stated in her February note about things to come. Stop threatening BoD members! That alone should have been grounds for termination.

I for one am appalled that our elected AD's resigned because this situation has gotten so rotten.

#22 poopgiggle

poopgiggle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'm not sure how they think they're going to kill Practiscore.

This was an "anonymous email" so I'm betting this is some idiot troll.

#23 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

Then maybe she should start doing her job! Submit receipts, follow through on her plans as stated in her February note about things to come. Stop threatening BoD members! That alone should have been grounds for termination.
I for one am appalled that our elected AD's resigned because this situation has gotten so rotten.

But Kim was mentored by Dave Thomas! She grew as a person and isn't afraid of her ex-husband anymore thanks to USPSA!

Her need for this job is more than enough reason for her to keep it.

#24 edub224

edub224

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTennessee, A6/A8

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

I am responsible for scoring at our club, VA24.  Let me say, Practiscore is awesome.  It has made my life much easier.  I have noticed other clubs around here using Practiscore not just for USPSA, but as well as IDPA.   

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy and CH3NO2 like this

If you are being run out of town, get in the front of the line and make it look like a parade.

#25 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

The only part of Ken's post that bugs me is the anonymous note being passed. It could end up being someone pulling a prank. On the other hand Ken took it seriously enough to post about it so he must be concerned. If PractiScore were to go away and not be replaced I would resign as match director for our steel challenge matches. No way would I go back to paper scoring after using PractiScore.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#26 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

I am responsible for scoring at our club, VA24.  Let me say, Practiscore is awesome.  It has made my life much easier.  I have noticed other clubs around here using Practiscore not just for USPSA, but as well as IDPA.   

I'm the scores guy at my club. After 3 months of doing paper scores for 75+ shooters, Practiscore was a godsend. I won't go back. I'll keep using it and the luddite curmudgeons at HQ can EABOD. Or they can find someone that wants to give up an additional 3-4 hours on Sunday afternoon to replace me. 

Our club invested in the system for all the disciplines: USPSA, IDPA, multigun and steel, so we're getting our money's worth out of them. 

It looks like Eric Griggs v. Ken Nelson is about to heat up over on FB. Somebody was a little butthurt, apparently. 

• CH3NO2 likes this

#27 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

We switched to practiscore and use cheap, like REALLY, cheap rooted nook papers.

You can see them in the sun light and the scores are available to all the shooter's email immediately.

I have my scores available before I get home from the range.

#28 mcb

mcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost between SASS and USPSA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

We switched to practiscore and use cheap, like REALLY, cheap rooted nook papers.

You can see them in the sun light and the scores are available to all the shooter's email immediately.

I have my scores available before I get home from the range.

We made the same change earlier this summer.  Cheap rooted Nooks work great!  It was under some protest from the old farts at first.  But we slapped them upside the head and made'em learn to use the tablets.  Now I don't think you would get any of them, even the old farts, to want to go back to paper.  Took us about two matches to get the issues and kinks worked out.  Most of that was just streamlining registration and now we are doing about 80% of that online before the match.  Having results before we finish tearing down the match is awesome.

• rballz likes this
Getting killed on the street is dumb!

#29 ac4wordplay

ac4wordplay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

It looks like Eric Griggs v. Ken Nelson is about to heat up over on FB. Somebody was a little butthurt, apparently. 

Details please? (No FB access)

Thanks.

#30 Fourtrax

Fourtrax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm so sick of these fucktards at HQ. I'm one of the older Luddite curmudgeons the Dr. Speaks of,..... PrActiscore is pretty slick.

I've said for years that USPSA HQ should develop or pay out the money to develop an electronic program to score. Seems PrActiscore does that in spades across different disciplines. These shit tards don't know a gift horse when it's standing in front of them.

If we adopt some bullshit fucking slicked up scoring program turd from Europe I'm gonna be pissed!!!

USPSA should immediately pay the prActiscore dudes some cash and ride them bitches into the sunset.

Fucking HQ. DUMBASSES. I'm so tired of their constant FAIL. ON EVERYTHING.
  • Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, Twinkie, BHill and 3 others like this
I am a pre PTCRBH Doodie member. For all you post PTCRBH members, EABOD and piss off.

Best post ever,

DR. Yellow Visor Guy said....

"Glocks work. They're like that somewhat thick chick. They're low maintenance, will always put out and generally perform better at it than you'd expect."

#31 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

We made the same change earlier this summer.  Cheap rooted Nooks work great!  It was under some protest from the old farts at first.  But we slapped them upside the head and made'em learn to use the tablets.  Now I don't think you would get any of them, even the old farts, to want to go back to paper.  Took us about two matches to get the issues and kinks worked out.  Most of that was just streamlining registration and now we are doing about 80% of that online before the match.  Having results before we finish tearing down the match is awesome.

We have a little blue tooth pocket router too.  If you haven't gone that route for syncing up - it's really affordable.

#32 mcb

mcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost between SASS and USPSA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

We have a little blue tooth pocket router too.  If you haven't gone that route for syncing up - it's really affordable.

Yeah our stats guy has a power port in the back of his truck that he runs a small router on.  He uses a nice large Android tablet with keyboard for registration.  After registration is done he syncs the nooks and hands them out to the RO's as he calls squads.  While we tear down he syncs it all up and we can look at the results on his tablet and start bragging/weeping on the spot.

Getting killed on the street is dumb!

#33 CrappyShooter

CrappyShooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationYour wife's Boner Garage

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

If we are going to pay Practiscore, for fucks sake, have SOMEONE who knows something about software right the contract up properly. 

Take into account support for new devices, new OS's, upgrades, feature requests, change logs, support for the devices, support for the website, how will that tie into a classification system that updates more than once a month, and that is IF the entire office staff isn't at Nationals for a week+.

#34 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, that sounds like us.  :huh:

#35 skittles

skittles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

#36 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Link this shit or GTFO.

#37 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

From what I've seen in my short time in the game Practiscore won't get the USPSA contract unless there is a job there for someone at HQ once they "retire."

#38 Juggalo Shooter

Juggalo Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

EZwin made EZwin irrelevant.

That shit sucked. Very difficult to navigate with keyboard only.

#39 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

Link this shit or GTFO.

It ended up lame anyway. 

#40 pjb4511

pjb4511

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

Crappyshooter, you crack me up.  It is soooo true.  

I am a senior technology project manager--all my business and systems analysts plus the developers are way ahead of me but at least I know how to manage them and get the product out:

1) On time

2) Within budget

3) Correctly

Of course it helps I am a damn good data modeler and understand the business.  Clearly something is amiss here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users