• PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

GOALS
  • Get a gold medal at World Shoot.
  • Make Limited GM
  • Grand Master (Production) in 2015. Accomplished 9/15/15
  • Master (Production) 2014/1st Q 2015. Accomplished 7/15/15
  • Top Ten Finish in a Sectional or Higher Match. Accomplished at W. PA Sectional - 8th place.
  • Go to Production and IPSC Nationals. Top three ladies finish in both. No excuse for my failures.
  • Top 5 finish at GA State. No excuse for my failure.
TARGETS
  • El Presidente with 100% HF *COLD, 1 run only* (Best so far was 89% due to botched reload)
  • Dot Drill at 5 yds 100%, cold by end of 2014 2015.
  • Sub 1s reload consistently, static.
  • Finish two matches in a row with no penalties or D's.
  • Beat Stubb in a match. Did that at a local.
  • Beat Stubb at a Level II or higher match.

I thought I would start keeping a range log online as my attempts to do it on paper failed due to being a lazy bastard who hates writing and can't keep from losing a diary. I might also bring some modicum of amusement to the hyenas around here. Anyhow..
  • Dr. Yellow Visor Guy, Stubb, Unclassified and 6 others like this

#2 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

09/22/2014

Shot about 300 rds today.

Drills

Dots @ 5 x2:

Only got 6/6 two times first run. Got three out of six second when I HTFU and held the gun with my hands and not good intentions. Times were stupid-fast at 4 sec average. I am not using the whole time and rush my shots. Getting better but still have to learn the discipline needed for this drill.

El Presidente x10:

One 100% run, one 96% run, several horrible fuckups related to my 1.5sec reload. Started using target focus and putting the green dot in the middle of the brown thing and scores improved. I learn a lot from El Prez, but that I learned today is my reload is what is holding me back form a consistent 100% run. 

Four Aces @ 10 x20(or so, I forget but it was a lot):

I did this way too much. Got it a few times 100%, but would have had an easier time with a faster reload. 2.7 sec par time meant no fucking around, but I felt rushed because I knew my reload would be slow. Learned my draw is pretty fast even if it feels slow as balls. 

High Standards x2:

Wish I did more of this and fewer El Prez. Fun classifier, but I got a disappointing 85% and then an 87% due to horrific 2-3sec reloads, and rushing the fuck out of the SHO/WHO. Got all the hits on paper, which was nice. I need to do more of this reload-transfer to SHO/WHO shit in dry fire. Ran out of ammo.

Lovely day, sunny and high near 80. Wish I brought more ammo. Car battery died and needed a jump start. Luckily, someone was there at the range and gave me a jump start. New battery and all is well.

More later, maybe even Youtube links!

#3 Fire Lion

Fire Lion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

What is your F.A.S.T. time?

• Ben and B_Seehawer like this

#4 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

09/22/2014

Shot about 300 rds today.

Drills

Dots @ 5 x2:

Only got 6/6 two times first run. Got three out of six second when I HTFU and held the gun with my hands and not good intentions. Times were stupid-fast at 4 sec average. I am not using the whole time and rush my shots. Getting better but still have to learn the discipline needed for this drill.

El Presidente x10:

One 100% run, one 96% run, several horrible fuckups related to my 1.5sec reload. Started using target focus and putting the green dot in the middle of the brown thing and scores improved. I learn a lot from El Prez, but that I learned today is my reload is what is holding me back form a consistent 100% run.

Four Aces @ 10 x20(or so, I forget but it was a lot):

I did this way too much. Got it a few times 100%, but would have had an easier time with a faster reload. 2.7 sec par time meant no fucking around, but I felt rushed because I knew my reload would be slow. Learned my draw is pretty fast even if it feels slow as balls.

High Standards x2:

Wish I did more of this and fewer El Prez. Fun classifier, but I got a disappointing 85% and then an 87% due to horrific 2-3sec reloads, and rushing the fuck out of the SHO/WHO. Got all the hits on paper, which was nice. I need to do more of this reload-transfer to SHO/WHO shit in dry fire. Ran out of ammo.

Lovely day, sunny and got really high. Wish I brought more weed. Van battery died and needed a jump start. Luckily, someone was there at the range and gave me a hand job. New boyfriend and all is well.

More later, this range diary stinks!

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#5 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Not been in a food court, so not sure. Does anyone still care about this drill? 

#6 Woodieproject

Woodieproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

GOALS

[*]Grand Master (Production) in 2015.
[*]Master (Production) 2014/1st Q 2015.

What are you now?
Bonafide asshole

#7 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

What are you now?

Not GM. Not M. Other than that, I don't really know.

#8 eahill85

eahill85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet, hiding from my children

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

STFU fire fag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taking a doodie while on doodieđź’©

#9 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

Improvement is certain and chasing a goal is always a good thing. Keep posting, it's inspiring to see people getting better.
Dude, I thought you would be better...... MFCEO

#10 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

You are doing awesome. I look forward to more Twinkie Time.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#11 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

Good goals

#12 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Not GM. Not M. Other than that, I don't really know.

Serious...what's your class today.  What's your FAST.  It's a decent barrometer of a few skills.

What's the dot drill?  If it's like Dot Torture, a perfect from 7 yards should be in any B class shooters capabilities.

I'd worry less about what class you want to be and more on certain skills.  Focus on the process, not the result.  Like:

I want a 1.2 reload A to A from 7 yards.  (personally, I think trying to go from 1.5 to under 1 is a bit ambitious)  Once you get 1.2, then set a new goal.

2 A's at 25 in under 2 secs (From the BS Book.)  My most favorite drill is a variation.  Start 10+1 in gun.  5 pairs of 2 @ 25 in under 2.  Then the 11'th to the A zone head box.  Score it USPSA style as a fixed time.

A zone head box on demand slow fire from 20 yards.

Shoot on the move, all A's fast pace laterally all day, all the time from 7 yards.

Know when to use a fuzzy blob of gun generally pointed at target, fuzzy front sight, and clear front sight on which targets, for you, at which distance.  (See what you need to see)

Shoot Elprez, turn from the target, and accuratly score it without looking at the target.  (call shots).

And finally...sub 3.5 FAST from Production gear.

FWIW, I'm Top 20 on USPSA's list of losers who can't make it out of A class.  So FWIW, I know just enough to almost know what I don't know.

• Maddoc likes this

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#13 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

Not been in a food court, so not sure. Does anyone still care about this drill?

Yes. Good test.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#14 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

What's the dot drill?  If it's like Dot Torture, a perfect from 7 yards should be in any B class shooters capabilities.

ROTFLMAO.....

I will grab a bucket of ammo and a timer, you get a couple of legit B class dudes and we can put a couple bucks on it. I will give you 3 to 1.
  • howmanytimesitshoot likes this

#15 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

ROTFLMAO.....

I will grab a bucket of ammo and a timer, you get a couple of legit B class dudes and we can put a couple bucks on it. I will give you 3 to 1.

Is DOT Torture suppossed to be hard?  I heard OrigamiAk went to AFHF and everyone in the class shot it perfect.....  And that class was not much more than a few TLG nuthuggers and tac timmies. 

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#16 Unclassified

Unclassified

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

Your goals are great, suggestions solid. I'm just saying the dot drill might be a little tougher than you give it credit for.

#17 CB45

CB45

Granpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Dot drills are almost as dumb as limited.
  • rballz likes this

#18 CB45

CB45

Granpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Learn how to shoot target arrays.

#19 CB45

CB45

Granpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Learn how to move through stages efficiently.
  • LeadChucker likes this

#20 CB45

CB45

Granpaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Learn how to draw and reload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users