69 replies to this topic

#41 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

If you can't mortar an AR, you are dead in the street.

#42 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:10 AM

He taught us a different way where we stuck the muzzle into the ground and pulled with both hands on the charging handle while clamping down with our thighs. Said mortaring can bend buffer tubes making rifle inoperable. But sometimes still necessary.

#43 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

Yeah the carbine class was good. We did malfunction clearing drills, learned some different positions. Practiced rapid transitions against a clock and against another class member in a mini competition (I did well I think due to uspsa stuff). We were shootimg steel at 50 yards off hand for that.
Shot super close and played with how much sight oicture or accuracy was necesssry.
Did night shooting with light. Did a cool mini competition against each ither where two guys would shoot. First guy would use his light as quickly as possible to pick a steel target, shoot it and turn off his light as quick as possible. The second guy coukdnt use his light, but had to quickly hit the steel before the light went off. Was fun shooting as the first guy and trying to screw the second guy. Was fun shooting as the second guy and sometimes hitting it before the first guy. We also got to try out night vision and IR laser which was cool.
Did some quick medical training which was good. The instructor was a swat medical guy.
Anyway, it was good. Got more familiar with my rifle and gear. It was a little on the basic side, as it was the introductory level one, but good nonetheless. The par times were pretty easy for me. I saw a lot of guys not make them, but I always seemed to be the first to shoot and one of the first to finish whatever task we did. Exception was the barricade drill in which you used a 9 hole wood barricade to shoot steel through. You had to contort into all kinds of weird positions to shoot through the holes. I took a while to do that. There was no time limit though.
I think my recent forray into uspsa has helped me htfu while still being accurate. I used to be real deliberate and slow.

KK2stEg.jpg

I've enjoyed my carbine and carbine/pistol classes. They are no substitute for putting in the time, just like with dry/live fire, but they do expose you to concepts and challenges under stress.

I really like the drills where you have to shoot an exercise after the instructor or other students have monkeyed up one or more guns or mags that you have to troubleshoot on the fly to complete the drill. Picking up a carbine and seeing a triple feed (double feed + bolt override) boggled me the first time I saw it.

Interesting stuff like shooting the carbine horizontally and how it affects POA/POI, what happens when your ejection port is pointed at nearby dirt, etc.

I would like to do another course AFTER having significantly improved my pistol skills. Fortunately my local instructor is an accomplished competitive shooter AND a gen-u-wine hi-speed low-drag operator type guy.

A medical class from Dark Angel is still on my list. Never know when someone is going to do something stupid.

Now I'm putting my 'Inner Timmy' back in the closet where he belongs.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#44 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

Free Threat Scan class-- "This might be the only chance you get to shoot somebody so look around and see if there's anybody else needing to be shot".

Pay at the door, please.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#45 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

KK2stEg.jpg
I've enjoyed my carbine and carbine/pistol classes. They are no substitute for putting in the time, just like with dry/live fire, but they do expose you to concepts and challenges under stress.
I really like the drills where you have to shoot an exercise after the instructor or other students have monkeyed up one or more guns or mags that you have to troubleshoot on the fly to complete the drill. Picking up a carbine and seeing a triple feed (double feed + bolt override) boggled me the first time I saw it.
Interesting stuff like shooting the carbine horizontally and how it affects POA/POI, what happens when your ejection port is pointed at nearby dirt, etc.
I would like to do another course AFTER having significantly improved my pistol skills. Fortunately my local instructor is an accomplished competitive shooter AND a gen-u-wine hi-speed low-drag operator type guy.
A medical class from Dark Angel is still on my list. Never know when someone is going to do something stupid.
Now I'm putting my 'Inner Timmy' back in the closet where he belongs.

Proctor, eh?

#46 eahill85

eahill85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet, hiding from my children

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image

This picture is staged! That chopper isn't even running!
Taking a doodie while on doodieđź’©

#47 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

This picture is staged! That chopper isn't even running!

It's a super secret mod0 that allows the engine to run while blocked off, just like Zero trains with the plastic bag over his noggin.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#48 eahill85

eahill85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationOn the toilet, hiding from my children

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Ohhhh....
Taking a doodie while on doodieđź’©

#49 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's a super secret mod0 that allows the engine to run while blocked off, just like Zero trains with the plastic bag over his noggin.

And with the rotors tied down.

#50 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Proctor, eh?

Yessir. All that and not an asshole. Amazing.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#51 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

how does the tactical beard play into this?

You can taste the dirt while recounting your tactical exploits weeks after the imaginary happening.
  • jabbermurph likes this

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#52 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

I can get along, why can't the rest of you? Haven't you learned anything from Rodney King?
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#53 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

I can get along, why can't the rest of you? Haven't you learned anything from Rodney King?

You said it, Rodney King's life should be everyones moral compass. That bastion of goodness RIP.

#54 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Stay out of swimming pools?

• jabbermurph likes this

#55 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Racist.

• Miculek is a Noob likes this

#56 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Don't forget what Martin taught us about hoodies

#57 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Racist.

That's a bit of a stretch since ( ya race 'bater)   - "On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP found in his system were contributing factors. "The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with the subject's heart condition, probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia and the subject, thus incapacitated, was unable to save himself and drowned"

http://en.wikipedia....dney_King#Death

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#58 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

Damn. Rodney king died? Wtf.

Rip

#59 Juggalo Shooter

Juggalo Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Damn. Rodney king died? Wtf.

Rip

Yeah, makes you think.

#60 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

That's a bit of a stretch since ( ya race 'bater)   - "On August 23, 2012, King's autopsy results were released, stating he died of accidental drowning, and alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and PCP found in his system were contributing factors. "The effects of the drugs and alcohol, combined with the subject's heart condition, probably precipitated a cardiac arrhythmia and the subject, thus incapacitated, was unable to save himself and drowned"

http://en.wikipedia....dney_King#Death

What a ratard. It wasn't just Rosa Parks' bus route that had segregation back in Charles Bond's heyday. 

10331912_1_l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users