#61 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

New grip, new calluses to be built - just like that one just above the knuckle on your strong hand middle finger.

Figure out how to LAMR yet?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#62 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Rami safety

Posted Image

#63 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

#64 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:38 PM

New grip, new calluses to be built - just like that one just above the knuckle on your strong hand middle finger.

Figure out how to LAMR yet?

I tried a few different ways at the range. It feels a little sketchy. The hammer is slippery when pinching it, and rolling my thumb out from under the hammer seems to leave a small gap at the end where it could smack the firimg pin I supose. I did not have a ND but it didn't feel great.

#65 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Manual decocking will get you killed in the streets too. You should run that bad boy cocked and locked.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#66 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

Dry fire de cocking for 5 minutes, it will never again be an issue.

The strong hand thumb rides the weak side safety, if you cant your weak hand down the way you are supposed to, the "fat" below your weak hand thumb should be below both the safety and slide stop

#67 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

Thatsw muscle from Coc

#68 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

Thatsw muscle from Coc

Call it what you want (I agree it is muscle), but grip it like I described

#69 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

5b65563a72c7964427d30443da3b98ce.jpg

No way your weak hand is that high with both hands gripping. The weak hand "muscle" will be below/forward of the strong hand "muscle". Strong hand thumb has a shitload of downward pressure on the safety.

#70 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Some people's grips are very high... I have exactly the same problem with a stock CZ.  You need flatter safeties so they aren't digging into your hand, and so you aren't flipping them on by accident.  Fatter grips would help too by offsetting  your had a bit off the safety.

The tanfo safety is higher than the CZ, and my strong thumb is way above it.  Both my strong and weak hands push up against the bottom of the safety, so I have to have it set pretty stiff so I don't flip it on unintentionally.

There is likely a solution here.

#71 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

When, not IF, but when your strong hand thumb is riding the safety like a BOSS, it WILL not flip up!
  • Mr_White likes this

#72 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

That will never happen in my case... trying to find a live picture of the weak hand side of my grip, coming up empty right now, but there is the strong side:

grip_zps37c4d9df.jpg

Once my weak hand is on there, the heel of my thumb is touching the underside of the safety and my strong thumb is not on it.  This works for me because the safety is higher than that on a CZ.  If I had to shoot a CZ, I'd have to have flat safeties.

#73 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

So your trigger finger reaches/angles DOWN to make contact with the trigger?

I would think it is more ergonomic if it is more of a straight line from your knuckle to the trigger contact point parallel to the slide.

I have a very high grip too, but never experienced an angle like you are showing. Of course that is a posed photo and not an actual shooting grip.

I'd take a photo, but I'm currently on a plane in a gun free country.
  • GuruOfGuns likes this

#74 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

No way your weak hand is that high with both hands gripping. The weak hand "muscle" will be below/forward of the strong hand "muscle". Strong hand thumb has a shitload of downward pressure on the safety.

It is that high. I took the gun in a firing grip, looked down the sights and dry fired a few pulls, then took my right hand off the gun without moving the left (minus releasing the fingers). I've got pretty big mitts for a scrawny hippy.

I'll get one of my roommates to take a couple of photos of a full wrap later today.

#75 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

That will never happen in my case... trying to find a live picture of the weak hand side of my grip, coming up empty right now, but there is the strong side:

Posted Image

Once my weak hand is on there, the heel of my thumb is touching the underside of the safety and my strong thumb is not on it. This works for me because the safety is higher than that on a CZ. If I had to shoot a CZ, I'd have to have flat safeties.

My strong hand sits almost the same way. That is the main reason I will stick with the CZ platform over 19/2011s. My index knuckle grinds the ever loving shit out of an ambi safety.

#76 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

Live action:

IMG_6666-1_zps682dbfdc.jpg

• Dr. Yellow Visor Guy and Twinkie like this

#77 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

I'm with you... I wish I could, but there is literally no way I could ever shoot a 2011.  The safety is completely contained under my grip.

#78 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

Its weird, when I rented the cz sp01 tactical It swemed to feel much better, though I still had an issue with the left thumb (but itwas more the slide stop lever) not the safety.

I feel like it is such a "waste" of the huge area of the frame created by the slide sitting lower down in the frame. There is this huge slab of steel there that could be awesome for a high grip if it weren't cluttered with controls.

#79 jabbermurph

jabbermurph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

Its weird, when I rented the cz sp01 tactical It swemed to feel much better, though I still had an issue with the left thumb (but itwas more the slide stop lever) not the safety.

I feel like it is such a "waste" of the huge area of the frame created by the slide sitting lower down in the frame. There is this huge slab of steel there that could be awesome for a high grip if it weren't cluttered with controls.

Go with the thin safeties and the .40 slide stop. Safeties will be non existant, and the slide stop thumb tab is shorter

#80 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Fuck. I will have to become dr. Yvg and change out parts every day now. What have I become?
I am sorry Gaston.
  • Dr. Yellow Visor Guy and GuanoLoco like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users