#21 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

Should probably clear up a few misunderstandings. Gonna use the 85b with all its gear for a while, probably 3 or so years while I study. Completely stock till I know I've gotten gooder. Then I'll probably do some polishing of stuff inside. Then I'll buy a Shadow and do all of the stuff in atlas' post on it. Comp. hammer, maybe I'll end up trying other shooter's cz's and find I like a different trigger than my 85's *shrug*, idk if adjustable sights like the HAJO are prod. legal though, was thinking about it too, fuck around with the springs as well and by then I'll probably be reloading my own ammo, so all is good.

Regarding reloading ammo, some guy at one of the 2 ranges I go to who reloads for all the handgunners there reloads for me. I told him to just load ammo the the standard/factory specs so I don't have to worry about making power factor n shit. Oh, and he reloads $6 for a box of 50 with lead bullets and $11 for a box of 50 using FMJ, was wondering if this means the FMJ is more accurate or what, but does this mean lead bullets are cheaper than FMJs?

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#22 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

That's pretty cheap ammo for Canadia. Lead will kill a barrel faster than FMJ. HP's are more accurate. But lead can shoot softer. But lead will get you killed in the streets. From lead poisoning.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#23 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

When you say faster, do you mean like 50% faster as in a barrel with only FMJs will last say.. 40k rounds, whereas one with lead will last 20k using this example, or something else? When I finally decide to reload, does it matter if I make my practice ammo using one type of bullet, and match ammo using another?

It's ok, I don't have to worry about getting killed in the streets, here in Canada, you're expected to rely on the LEOs for protection, self defense usually means illegal, or you stored your firearms incorrectly in a manner allowing you to access them to defend yourself, which is also illegal.  :huh:

I am unafraid to miss.

#24 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

Can you not get coated lead up there? Buy your own bullets and give them to your guy to load for you. Cheap and easier on the barrel.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#25 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

Fuck if I know, I just give him my brass, tell him Lead/FMJ, he loads them up, I pay $6/11 per 50, and repeat. :)

I am unafraid to miss.

#26 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

Try one of these:

The bluebullets.com
Bayoubullets.net

As vage said, buy your own and have him load them. Don't shoot lead

#27 h8nevry1

h8nevry1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

I decide to fuck a boot with a Shadow,.

FIFY. Fucking Canadians.
This comment is not supported by Tim

#28 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

Lead will kill a barrel faster than FMJ.

Where did you read that?

#29 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

That's pretty cheap ammo for Canadia. Lead will kill a barrel faster than FMJ. HP's are more accurate. But lead can shoot softer. But lead will get you killed in the streets. From lead poisoning.

I'm very interested in learning how lead kills barrels faster than FMJ? Dirty lead full of sand maybe? I have seen some pretty shiity cast bullets but the conventional thinking has always been that lead is easier on a barrel.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#30 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'm very interested in learning how lead kills barrels faster than FMJ? Dirty lead full of sand maybe? I have seen some pretty shiity cast bullets but the conventional thinking has always been that lead is easier on a barrel.

oh that's right, you're like 96 years old. You guys still enjoy soaking barrels overnight to dissolve the shit out of the rifling. Probably still filling your barrel with mercury.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#31 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

WTF all these conflicting opinions.

Also, LC, I took a look at those sites, bluebullets nor bayoubullets will ship to Canada, thanks anyway man.

Taking a look at bullets here in Canada, Wholesale Sports and Cabelas are retardedly overpriced compared to those guys and SFRC. I'm guessing my reloader's lead is cheaper cause he probably casts it using his own moulds or something? Looking at the sites is also confusing me a shit ton. 9mm is .356 or .355? All the sites vary in what cal they list it under and to make it worse, they're the proper weights, so I can't tell what's going on.

I am unafraid to miss.

#32 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

WTF all these conflicting opinions.

Main thing to keep in mind is that Vagetarian is a retard.

#33 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

oh that's right, you're like 96 years old. You guys still enjoy soaking barrels overnight to dissolve the shit out of the rifling. Probably still filling your barrel with mercury.

Actually filling your barrel with mercury doesn't work, it's one of those old tales. Mercury will disolve lead under labratory conditions but won't delead a barrel, at least not in my experience.

I don't like cleaning guns whatsoever. That's why I always shoot jacketed bullets when I can, just add more lube and keep on going.

It would be nice to be able to last until I'm 96 and keep giving you guys shit the whole time.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#34 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

Main thing to keep in mind is that Vagetarian is a retard.

He's right you know.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#35 JoeyBagODonuts

JoeyBagODonuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

Actually filling your barrel with mercury doesn't work, it's one of those old tales. Mercury will disolve lead under labratory conditions but won't delead a barrel, at least not in my experience.

I don't like cleaning guns whatsoever. That's why I always shoot jacketed bullets when I can, just add more lube and keep on going.

It would be nice to be able to last until I'm 96 and keep giving you guys shit the whole time.

one more year, eh?

Wait, I smell more than donuts...

#36 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

I thought we're all retards, that's why we're here on doodie. Lead bullets = cheaper than FMJs/HPs? and do they wear barrels faster?

I am unafraid to miss.

#37 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

I thought we're all retards, that's why we're here on doodie. Lead bullets = cheaper than FMJs/HPs? and do they wear barrels faster?

Lead bullets do not wear out barrels.  You would have a hard time ever wearing a barrel out shooting lead bullets.  They can lead your barrel if they are not properly sized, lubed, and loaded.  

#38 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'll agree that shooting lead will foul a barrel faster than FMJ and make it harder to clean.

But if you mean kill, as in 'destroy', a barrel faster, I don't know where you get that.
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#39 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Is where I got it from, guess that was a mistake. So only downside with lead is have to clean more often/harder to clean?

I am unafraid to miss.

#40 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

If lead is so good why is everyone shooting coated, plated, and jacketed bullets? I know a couple of people who lost accuracy in a short period of time from either excessive or improper cleaning of their barrels.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users