Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Pocket revolvers are dumb.

What do you know about pocket guns?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#42 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

What do you know about pocket guns?

That they are dumb if revolvers?

Not too much, really. I've shot them and not enjoyed the experience nor wanted to get good enough with them to feel confident taking a hostage shot. Yeah, not likely to need but still why carry a gun if you suck with it?

I trust you know a lot but are too proud to share it?

#43 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

That they are dumb if revolvers?

Not too much, really. I've shot them and not enjoyed the experience nor wanted to get good enough with them to feel confident taking a hostage shot. Yeah, not likely to need but still why carry a gun if you suck with it?

I trust you know a lot but are too proud to share it?

I see, from the other thread, that you don't carry.  I see, from this thread, that you suck with "pocket revolvers".  

Thanks.  You have answered my question.

• Miculek is a Noob likes this

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#44 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Glad to be of help.

#45 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

I have a Ruger SP101.  I should get it out and see if a years worth of steady practice with a Glock has done anything for my revolver shooting.

#46 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Twinkie did you say you don't carry, and you are and IDPA shooter?  Are you rich and have your own army of body guards? So feared no one would mess with you? Invisible?

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#47 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Maybe I don't go places where I am likely to be a victim? I weigh the options and when I feel no threat don't make sure I'm shoot-ready.

Don't go looking for trouble and you're unlikely to find it. That being said, I still want a nice holster for my little PPS so I can take it when I drive through ATL on my way to South River. Broke down once and had an aggressive panhandler offer his service. Would have felt slightly better if I could have shoved a gun in his face if he didn't keep moving. I'm no macho "When I draw a gun I'm going to shoot someone" kind of person. I think a gun is a nice punctuation mark at the end of a command sentence. 

Then again (again) I'm no cop and never been in a violent encounter so I'm probably a dead man walking.

I don't shoot IDPA any more because I can't handle the stress of real-world scenarios nor the stupid arbitrary rules that are more about form than actually shooting gooder. 

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#48 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

Perhaps you'd be comfortable carrying a laser screwdriver? 

#49 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

I thought thumbs forward on Revo's were a no-go.

If Caleb "reported" that the established, common sense way of doing things was correct then what would anyone talk about?

#50 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Maybe I don't go places where I am likely to be a victim? I weigh the options and when I feel no threat don't make sure I'm shoot-ready.

Don't go looking for trouble and you're unlikely to find it. That being said, I still want a nice holster for my little PPS so I can take it when I drive through ATL on my way to South River. Broke down once and had an aggressive panhandler offer his service. Would have felt slightly better if I could have shoved a gun in his face if he didn't keep moving. I'm no macho "When I draw a gun I'm going to shoot someone" kind of person. I think a gun is a nice punctuation mark at the end of a command sentence. 

Then again (again) I'm no cop and never been in a violent encounter so I'm probably a dead man walking.

I don't shoot IDPA any more because I can't handle the stress of real-world scenarios nor the stupid arbitrary rules that are more about form than actually shooting gooder. 

Twinkie, you have the correct attitude and mindset to make a good responsible gun carrier. You are the kind of person we need carrying, not the guys who can't wait to be the hero. The only thing I disagree with is " don't go looking for trouble and you won't find it".  That might have been true years ago but not now. I've always carried, for one reason or another, even before it was cool or legal.  I'm not getting involved unless there is no other option but I want that option. I'm not going to make that walk to the back of the store for some thug and having a weapon may not guarantee I will survive but it gives me a chance.

• Twinkie likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#51 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

If Caleb "reported" that the established, common sense way of doing things was correct then what would anyone talk about?

No one except a few Doodies reads his piece of shit blog anyhow, so it would make little difference.

I guess in another 24 days or, so we could all join in TSO-Tim's next weepy rant-a-thon about how his tampon needs changing.

#52 h8nevry1

h8nevry1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

This comment is not supported by Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5 gun master, midget, Revolver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users