#321 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Plus you get to use the word cock in a professional context.

#322 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

So does your mom.*

*just in case Vag can't post today.
  • ZachJ and Peally like this

On injured reserve.

#323 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

So does your mom.*

*just in case Vag can't post today.

#324 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

I get to use it as a nurse too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#325 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

My one IPSC match(es) for the year. 

Stage order is 8, 1-6. Didn't get 7 on video. This was the second match, didn't get video of the first match on Saturday.

Day 1 I shot 172 A, 26 C, 3 D, 1 M. 93% points shot.

3 D were on the first stage I started, I got to the match kind of late so was rushed which may have contributed to that. Miss was on stage 8 similar to the one on video, but I decided to take shots at partial targets instead of just doing the really hard lean I did on video. I did end up taking 18 makeup shots though, 4 of which were unneeded for sure as they were extra A zone hits.

Day 2 I shot 144 A, 21 C, 4 D, 1 M. 93% points shot.

2 D was on Stage 5 where I opted for an aggressive plan for the right max trap target. Turns out the moment I shot the steel, the max trap showed the target right away. Did not expect this, and led to a D on the target I was trying to take, and a D on the max trap target. Easily avoidable with better stage planning and observing previous runs. 1 D was on Stage 2 where I spaghetti'd the hell out of the moving targets by not shooting them with a target focus. Same stage I got a D on.

Only really huge glaring issue regarding stage execution was all the reloading and missing steel on Stage 8. The right steel which I missed a lot on was half concealed by hard cover. Should have just taken a better sight picture on it, would have solved all that happened. Something I learned from PP Reloaded, and I actually did was doing something wrong at full/actual speed in a walkthrough and runthrough, and doing it in my actual run. I need to slowly go through and do the right things, before I program and begin to runthrough the stage at full speed. Otherwise I ingrain the wrong things, and do the wrong things, like on Stage 6 where I reloaded twice without needing to.

Regarding skills on stages, I need to work on transitions more in livefire. Specifically with being able to produce at least some of the speed + accuracy I have in practice in matches. I can run 2.1 sec blake drills, and half are shitty, half are good all A runs. Need to just pound away at it while seeing what my sights tell me I guess. Also need to run accelerator or distance changeup for the different distance transitions they entail.

I did some shooting on the move, and position exit and entry practice on Friday, and put it to use on the first match day, but didnt really get to use it the second day since there were a lot of leans involved. Something I noticed is that when leans are involved, I tend to straighten my body out so I can lean out as far as possible I would guess. This is opposed to all the staying low, having my feet wide apart stuff I did in practice.

Other thing that I did which is new is how I take moving targets. Before last Sunday's practice, and on Sunday match day, I used to go sight focused when shooting them. On Saturday though I shot all the moving targets in the match with a target focus, and got As on them all. I even took makeup shots on some of them and ended up with 3 hits in the A zone. Need to work on calling shots with blurry sights and target focus.

Shot 85% of an M the first day, and 90% of a newly minted M the second day. My classification puts me at 0.8% away from A class. Next year maybe.

I am unafraid to miss.

#326 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:03 AM

Have been practicing a bunch the last month. 1hr dryfire sessions any day I don't have work, some workouts interspersed, and a livefire session every week, 300-400 rounds roughly each session. 2 of my livefire practice sessions have been with the local Masters and it's nice to have them to compare with. They don't do too many standard drills like accelerator, bill, blake etc. They do drills that are similar to them with some variation, and some drills of their own they just make. They also practice swingers, one-handed shooting, 25yd partials target arrays, and low port (squatting, kneeling and leaning down, prone) positions with a focus unlike anything I've ever seen. I see them stipulate one-hand only during stages more than other stage designers, and they like to design stages involving prone too, not sure where the focus on those two particulars come from.

Had a club match 3 weeks ago that didn't go so hot. Didn't have a walkthrough for the first 3 or so stages, and I tanked all 3 mostly due to that, and not really gripping the gun hard, also had a luck stage that I was not lucky on, at all. Came 2nd to a B class shooter at 99.49%, not the worst I think considering all the fuckery that went on with my day.

This Saturday I went to practice before setup, I went to test out the new ammo I loaded, which will pretty much be my 5k for next year, and some of this year. Then after that it was bill drills, draws, and accelerator, with a major focus on accelerator, as in 300 of the 400 rounds I shot were on accelerator.

Have a new personal best Accelerator that wasn't a hero or zero run. 7.70s, with 10 A 2 C. My consistent runs with 10 A 2 C are around 8.2-8.5s.

Still have to shave off 3s from my Accelerator runs.. since I saw that video of Ben demoing an Accelerator recently just under or around 4.5s.

I am unafraid to miss.

#327 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Club Match day, came 1st and shot clean. There were a fair amount of partials, and no-shoots interspersed on some stages, and a couple swingers, max-traps, and a clamshell target. There were also a fair amount of close targets that without a doubt should be 2 As though. Overall it wasn't an overly technical match with the exception of a few target arrays.

We were all scored Major because club match.. and zero fucks given, I guess? 2nd place was shooting minor though.

Still shot 95.3% points minor, 97.6% major. Even then, these are relatively low points I think, since I had a D on the super fast stage, and a couple Cs throughout the match that should easily have been As.

https://practiscore....64?q_division=0

Also learned about shoot-offs, at least the ones where both shooters shoot at the same time. Very pressuring being my first time, because when I hear steel ringing when I'm not shooting anything, I'm assuming the other person is getting hits, and I start to speed up, causing me to miss and need makeup shots. Guess it's just a mindset thing.

I am unafraid to miss.

#328 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

League match, came 2nd production, 5th overall. First time experiencing mini-targets. Did not give them the respect they needed for good points, shot a lot of unnecessary Cs and a few Ds on that stage due to that. Stage 7 with the 25yd targets was partly due to me rushing on them.

Stage 7, first stage had the 25yd targets from the semi-squatting position. The middle stand with open and a partial was not good shooting. I shot 2 at the open target, and 4 at the partial. The open had 3 hits on it, 2 A 1 C, and the partial had 2 hits 1 A 1 C meaning I threw two misses like I figured I did. 1 A 1 D on the left target, was my bad due to over-transitioning onto it. The miss was weird, and I should have called an overlay on the 10yd target I shot it on. Lesson learned for next time.

Stage 5 I screwed up my grip on the draw so when I was aiming at the first target, I saw no front sight.

Everything else was so-so. Had a big fuckup on stage 4 where I thought I hit a piece of steel, and I didn't notice it was still standing until I ULASC. Minor fuckups here and there, but the only part that had me peeved after the match was I think my grip wasn't perfect for some stages. It was good, and still got me good hits on 25yd targets for example, but could have been better. Also trying to somewhat keep up with the production winner on my squad might have contributed to occasional fuckery.

91.7% points before penalties, 95% might have been attainable actually. Some Cs and Ds (Mini-targets/grip not perfect) sprinkled throughout the match I shouldn't have shot, and the miss that probably wasn't a miss.

https://practiscore....sults/new/41136

I am unafraid to miss.

#329 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

Got back and started practicing in May, shot a match, got shit on.

Started practicing seriously towards the end of May, shot another match in June and did so-so. A bit below where I was last year before going on a break.

Shot an IPSC match 2 weeks ago before I went on my trip up to the Arctic, and shot about where I was last year, maybe a tad better.

Got back from my trip, started practicing hard again. Today I shot 300-400 rounds. Also, I get to practice in a bay that allows you to shoot at the side berms this year, nice little improvement from last year. Actually opens up the possibilities for practice and for stages actually. Most of the bays at the ranges I shoot at don't permit shooting into the side, which I noticed last year, and realized it led to a lot of leaning stages.

Target/Stage setup was 23yds from backstop, barrels immediately in front to force you to move/lean, and 2 paper immediately to your right and left just a little bit forward of you on the 180/90 degree line, 7yds away, and if you lean/step sideways you can see (at 23yds) 2 paper 4yds from each other, with a mini popper in between. Start positions for all runs was palms flat, fingertips touching barrel. Height of where I had my hands varied though, from extremely high to extremely low.

Couple of ways I ran it:

1. shoot the close paper, then the far paper, then move to the other side and shoot paper -> steel.

2. start far paper on your first shot, then close paper, and engage the rest on the other side.

3. start steel, then work your way through the paper and then move to the other side.

4. decide to reload, or not reload since it was a 9 round stage.

5. decide to lean, or to step to the other side. Took 1 or 2 steps before you had a clear view of the targets from the other side of the barrels.

6. run it SHO right side, then WHO left side.

I started with a simulated cold stage at a match, so only get to dryfire a bit, no aiming at the targets or anything. I ran it like #2, with a reload, and got 9.83, with 1 M and rest As. Then I ran it like #1, with a reload, and got 9.56 with 2 Cs so.. work to be done.

After that, I just played around running them multiple different ways, mixing up all 6 options listed above. Eventually I got to: #2 with a reload 8.84 all As; #3 without a reload, 7.45 1C on far target.

Things I gleaned from this mini-stage: 

1. Splits on the 23yd open target are hovering around .6 with some getting down to .5 -> Progress toward my hopeful goal of .35 splits at 25yd as according to "Doubles", but with better hits since I'm not working with a 48 round sample size.

2. Transition from the far paper to near paper are about .9-1s both ways(!) with fastest being around .7, transition from steel to far paper are about .8-1s, but from paper to steel is about 1s (why?)

3. SHO/WHO need some work. SHO I couldn't consistently nail the mini popper on DA shot, maybe just squeeze the trigger a little better? Was consistently getting good hits on the far paper though. WHO was a mess of sorts initially, hitting the popper was impossible, and the far targets had really bad hits. Eventually got it to slightly worse than SHO, couldn't quite nail the popper consistently from DA, but decent hits on the far paper.

4. Need to remember to slow down on my trigger squeeze at distance sometimes, occasionally I go too fast and it ends up being a bottom left C hit on the far paper.

5. Played with leaning a bit because I never checked if my sight picture during leans is right. Sure enough, the sight picture I desire led to good hits while leaning pretty severely at times. Transitions during leans are also slower, adds about .1-.2 to the transition from far and near paper.

Other things I ran:

1. Draw to 2 shots @ 7yd target which was based upon some dryfire and analysis I did yesterday. Found out the weak part of my draw is getting the gun out of the holster, pointed at the target, and shot breaking just as the sights line up.. or something along those lines. Previously my fastest livefire draws are about 1.3, and in match it's 1.5. Today, I easily got to 1.2, got down to 1.1 after a few strings, and ended up with a 1.07 toward the end of draw practice. All the runs that I'm counting are 2 A, anything less than that I don't count. Spent 20-30 rounds on this. The amount of effort, and ammo it took to get to the 1.07 was paltry. What the heck have I been doing with a 1.3s + draw all this time?

2. 150 degree (estimate, was closer to 180 than it was to 90 though) transitions 2 shots per @ 7yd targets. Times hovered between 2.6-2.7, Draw is 1.2, splits were .2-.25 (not good enough) and transition was about 1s, not sure if that's good or bad. Spent. 60 rounds on this.

3. Bill Drill at 23yd led to 4.5-4.9 times with 1-2 Cs, draw 1.5-1.7, with splits of .5-.6. Spent 24 rounds on this.

Overall a productive livefire session, highlighting the need of some more "cold stage" starts which I started doing in June. Maybe I just need to attack them with a different mindset than what I brought out today, couldn't remember if I was thinking to hose it down, shoot it like it matters, or just not thinking at all.

Got bumped up to A Class, .07% away from M. Before this practice session, I would have had a hard time believing I belong in High A Class, let alone M. After this.. I can see it, but M still feels like I need a lot of work.

• Stubb likes this

I am unafraid to miss.

#330 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Shot a match on Sunday, had some sort of achilles tendon pain that kept me from properly walking on Saturday, and could notice it for most of the shooting on Sunday. Still, decided not to push it so my movement is at times.. sluggish, and certainly my first stage (2) could notice that I shouldn't be putting a lot of weight on that leg.

https://practiscore....f0-9660ed62e979

First, a clean match but I don't know if that's saying much considering that there weren't too many tight shots. But I can at least churn out clean matches without thinking about it.

Couple of issues I noted that don't relate to the movement. At times my grip wasn't completely solid (as evidenced by varying amounts of muzzle rise/recoil from different stages and positions), not sure if this was because I was distracted by keeping my movements from being too strenuous, or keeping track of the stage plans. I think I was just distracted this match in general.

This led to pretty shitty hits all things considered (115 A, 38 C, 2 D). I said that there weren't many tight shots, and I looked over my hits on each stage, and fixed it to how many targets I thought it's acceptable to have A C instead of 2 A on.. and found I was lacking probably 20 more hits that should have been As. Yes, this means I should have shot 97% points this match, but that's how easy I think the target presentations were.

The time is.. needing improvement, not counting the movement, there were target transitions that should be faster based on what I've done in dryfire and livefire practice (warmed up).

Finished 85% or so of an M/GM Classic/SS shooter that was in Production. I think not that bad of a finish, but I firmly believe I should at least be within 10% of him. Last year I was capable of finishing within 2% of him so..

I am unafraid to miss.

#331 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:50 PM

Had a "cold" stage involving a swinger at the start of practice... The hits on the swinger could have been better, but overall a better "cold" stage than previous sessions.

Some good and bad times to be had, the bill and blake drills were at the end of the practice session. So I was sufficiently warmed up, and any off hits, fuck-ups (missed grip on the draw) can't be blamed on that.

The hits during the blake drills were kinda awful considering how slow my transitions were. At that speed I was shooting I should be able to get 2 As.

Bill Drill @ 25yd was 4A 2C in 4.11 which I think is a record for me, 15yd was shitty hits, but .3 splits which was somewhat of a new thing for me @ 15yds, 7yd was I think messed up grip tension that lead to just low and left of the A zone.

I am unafraid to miss.

#332 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

I am unafraid to miss.

#333 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

Not really sure how to feel about Provincials. I think the GM in our division that I'm measuring myself against is better than I'm expecting, and has gotten better compared to the last time I shot against him (as evidenced by his finish compared to our national champ), but I feel kinda depressed with how I finished, and how I would have finished if I didn't completely tank 2 stages, 76% and 80.8% respectively.

Match performance compared to others was decent I suppose, beat a bunch of people I was wondering how I would shoot against, but still 4 people ahead. From a glass half full perspective.. I have improved a lot over last year. From a glass half empty perspective.. I have not improved anywhere close to as much as I would have liked.

One big area of improvement I noticed was moving targets, more specifically swingers that could be completely sideways. I dropped points on almost every swinging target I shot. 2C, 1C 1D etc. Makes sense I think since I haven't shot many moving targets in practice to hone my vision and focus on them. Will have to incorporate a few in future practice sessions, especially swingers with no-shoots and such on them.

Another area of improvement was the necessity of makeup shots.. Almost all of them were worth the points I picked up, but I shouldn't need to be making up all those shots. Additionally, I dropped a lot of points randomly on some stages that didn't have any moving targets. Examples would be Stage 10 1:05, Stage 11 1:31, and Stage 4 4:11, Stage 5 4:43.

Curiously, a shooter on my squad told me that there were times during stages where I would shoot well beyond what I was shooting like for most of the match/stages.. Not sure what to take from that. I guess the most obvious example that I thought I saw on video would be stage 9, 3rd from the beginning 0:54. Regardless, I have felt like this shooting season, there is a larger than previous gap between my practice performance and match performance. Even when I should be "warmed up" in a match, say 3 stages in.. I don't see myself shooting noticeably better than the first stages of a day. Going to try and bring some practice numbers to local matches and see what happens. The thing I want to avoid is shooting extremely conservatively, such that I am shooting less capably than I should be at matches. I want to be closer to practice numbers, but not at them, since that normally leads to disasters at a match.

I noticed in dryfire, and a little in livefire that my 180 degree transitions occasionally got screwed up because when my sights arrived on target, they were not aligned as they should have been. Well this occasional occurrence happened a hell of a lot more at the match. Something to work at and figure out what's going on. I think I need to make sure my eyes, then head, then gun get on target in that order, otherwise hits end up awful. In matches I don't have time to think that I should do that, so I think that's how this problem is magnified, will check in practice. This is also the first match I've shot at where 180ish degree transitions were a regular occurrence, so that's why it's been exposed.

I am unafraid to miss.

#334 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:13 AM

August 25th belated practice log

Ran Distance Changeup, and then Doubles. Distance Changeup was done with a Classic @ 20 with no-shoot covering the lower half of the A Zone.

Distance Changeup was curious, ran about 200 rounds of it. Times ranged from 3.2->3.8 depending on how I shot it.

Best results were done hosing the two close targets, and then the partial. Worst results were done starting on the partial, then hosing the two targets. The only way for me to get good hits starting on the partial was too slow compared to hosing the close ones first. Best results being from that method of running the target array means that my transitions are an area of weakness, which I have been working on.

Left->Right, or Right->Left were about equal, and between the two previously mentioned options in terms of hit factors, and times that I hit the no-shoot. Splits on the close were .15-.17, splits on the partial were .7-.8, need to double-check and see what acceptable splits should be on the partial.

Another problem was that my transition times were too fucking slow, especially out to the partial. Was hard to get my eyes to focus on the center of the available A fast enough. Transition time out to the partial was .9, and transition time back to a close target was .4. The time out to the partial adds a significant amount of time to the drill that I need to minimize A LOT. Minimizing this time will also help a lot with making the times on other drills like accelerator.

Doubles was eye-opening, especially at 10yds. I was not able to shoot 48 rounds at 5, 10, 15, and 20. I did however, shoot 40-45 at each distance.

5yds   Splits: .13-.16

Hits: 42A, 3C

Faster time than expected, hits could be improved. I always think that the minimum standard of .2 splits while hosing is a little loose.

10yds Splits: .20-.22

Hits: 36A, 5C

Just made the time, hits could be improved. This distance surprised me the most with how good my hits were with these splits. I'd been sitting on .3 splits @ 10yds for some time.

15yds Splits: .24-.33

Hits: 30A, 9C, 1D

Ehhhhh....  on average the time needs to be brought down quite a bit, and the hits need to be improved a bit as well. My grip may have been starting to fatigue at this point though, hard to tell. Will need to run this along with the 20yds and 25yds at some point in the future to double-check my current capabilities.

20yds Splits: .30-.38

Hits: 24A, 13C, 7D (Very messy)

Grip was definitely fatigued on this drill. The times are significantly faster than what I've previously done at this distance, and the hits show it. Whether time or hits or both suffered due to fatigued grip, hard to tell, but will see when I try this at a future opportunity.

I should note that I could certainly tell that my shooting at 20yds was with a fatigued grip. It was definitely not the brightest idea to bang out the Doubles @ each distance one after another. That was dumb and certainly a waste of some ammo to shoot at 20yds that day, and maybe even 15yds.

I am unafraid to miss.

#335 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

I had a couple of goals going into this match:

1. Less stage execution mistakes.

2. Visual focus. "The eyes lead, the head follows, and the body (and gun) comes last" I can't remember where this comes from, but I made sure to keep it in mind for the entire match. The thing I am trying to do is to get the eyes to look at everywhere I want the gun to end up at before the gun gets there. This leads into #3.

3. Do everything faster: Movement, splits, transitions, reloads, draws anytime that I don't feel myself doing things fast.. Speed up.. bring them closer to what I've been doing in practice.

4. Minimal makeup shots

5. Shoot points appropriate to the stage and targets. In this match it ends up being about 95% points

6. Make sure my grip is as solid as possible

I also shot with practice ammo because I mistook the practice ammo I had for match ammo.. Somehow only led to 1 jam on the last stage.

Stage 7 first, and Stage 6 last.

https://practiscore....sults/new/66768

1. Was met, mostly, stage 7 which was the first on video was a stage planning error on my part though, as evidenced by the last position. I was wondering why I had to go to go thru 4 mags on my belt during walkthrough, but whatever.

2. MET and there was even one point where I shot the last target of a double stack without looking at it to call shots and such.. A little too fast I think, but still 2A on that specific target.

3. I think this was met? It's really hard to tell, but I made sure to push at certain times.

4. Definitely met. 8 makeup shots

5. Mostly met, 94.5% points before penalties, and 91% with the 2 misses and 1 no-shoot. A miss and no-shoot happened on Stage 3, with the max-traps, misjudged how much time I had to shoot the max-traps. But this was also a bit of an index issue, as I looked a little too low onto the double-stack with no-shoots. Another miss happened on Stage 5 which was under cover, but that stage was all sorts of bad.

6. Mostly met, the only time my grip felt screwed was on Stage 5. As I shot that stage, my grip felt bad, and all the hits I thought I was getting were sub-optimal. Turns out they were, and I even had a miss.

• ralloway likes this

I am unafraid to miss.

#336 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:11 PM

I wonder why a bunch of registered shooters didn't show up to our club championship..

I won against all the iron sight shooters though if the standard winner was scored minor as is actual, but the club GM underperformed quite a bit so this "win" is a little meh.

https://practiscore....3e-3f579064025f

Definitely wasn't as focused as I could have been during this match and the grip suffered for it. Mostly because I view the club matches as sort of a testing ground to see if certain things hold up during matches, and this club championship I was looking more forward to the lunch to be honest. Not sure if the weather had anything to do with that though.

Stage 7, high primer which led to me having to shoot the 2nd max trap while it was at rest, led to the 1 mike. Rest of the stage was somewhat passable though, tested out target focused shooting on the swingers with NS, easy 3A 1C, but then again one of them was slow-ish.

Stage 1 (25yds or so minis) was a mess as evidenced by that completely wasted first magazine. In 11 rounds, I got 3/6 hits on the minis and none on steel. I remember changing my point of aim and tightening up the grip and focusing on trigger press. Rest of the stage was pretty slow, and stage plan went out the door with that debacle at the start.

Stage 2 was decent, except for the makeups on steel, and the miss on the 15yd SHO target thru the port, and somewhat shoddy hits with SHO.

Stage 3 was good, not much to say, just that the transitions speed could be improved.

Stage 4 was initially decent. 2.4s bill drill with 5A 1C, but then El Prez went to shit cause my hands, mags, and/or gun got somewhat wet. I picked up 4Cs on the El Prez probably because my left hand slipped to a different position during all 12 rounds and felt like it was doing almost nothing to help my shooting.

Stage 5 was slow, and the hits left something to be desired. The initial position, I tagged 4C on the 2 bottom targets. My intent was to get 4A, but I indexed to the wrong spot on each one, and I just ran that position so so slow.

Stage 6 was good, remembered about having a good grip on the gun, and blasted the partials pretty easily.

Only match left is an all-steel shoot at the end of October, this is pretty much practice season for me from this point on.

I am unafraid to miss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users