#21 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

You Filipinos are funny little guys.  Badminton.  http://www.gg9cle.co...ports/badminton

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#22 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

You have a thing against LGBT Vag?  :P

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#23 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

You have a thing against LGBT Vag?  :P

Judging by the sweaters he wears, most likely not
  • GuruOfGuns likes this

#24 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

More of a connoisseur, I'd imagine.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#25 SteveC5ws6

SteveC5ws6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWeston, WV

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

What the Fuck, i mean fucking hell... lets see if we can get people in our sport, we rape them.. give them a black badge... I'd tell them to go suck a dick. $265 for the course is insane. Especially when it sounds like you didn't get taught Jack shit  about shooting. Just rules.

Charging for a rule book.. dumb.

Your correct anything fobus pretty much sucks.

Looks like you have a good basis to progress from.  The first thing i would look at doing is getting out of canada... weather sucks, and apparently the IPSC people are rich.

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#26 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

I think the Black Badge is more about following Canada's restrictive handgun laws.  In Canada victims of violent crimes are expected to remain polite and just suck it up until the Mounties arrive.

On the bright side their aren't many violent crimes at IPSC matches.

• SteveC5ws6 likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#27 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

What the Fuck, i mean fucking hell... lets see if we can get people in our sport, we rape them.. give them a black badge... I'd tell them to go suck a dick. $265 for the course is insane. Especially when it sounds like you didn't get taught Jack shit  about shooting. Just rules.

Charging for a rule book.. dumb.

Your correct anything fobus pretty much sucks.

Looks like you have a good basis to progress from.  The first thing i would look at doing is getting out of canada... weather sucks, and apparently the IPSC people are rich.

Yeah, most instructors just teach the rules and have you run through the required drills to pass the course.

I got both lucky and unlucky and ended up with Jerry Wong who I think is Top 10 Open in BC. Lucky because he actually taught us shit like when you shoot weakhand, try to go from left targets to right targets, and strong hand right to left because the way the gun recoils. Gave us an intro into stage breakdown and stuff like that. Unlucky because I signed up so damn late in the season that we didn't get as much shooting time as the classes usually do. But oh well, I saved myself $10 on next year's membership fees and $60 on the only range that I'm permitted to shoot with a holster n stuff. 

I'm driving down to Vegas on Dec. 19th, hitting a bunch of places on the way down.

• Schmukatelli likes this

I am unafraid to miss.

#28 SteveC5ws6

SteveC5ws6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWeston, WV

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

At least you got a little instruction to go along with it. Lots of fun shooting to be done out in the sand I have heard.

#29 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

Path to awesomeness is on hold until I get a new trigger return spring using my warranty or during my Christmas trip. Warranty card says my parts are covered for 36 months, does that mean I can ask the CZ dealers/servicers here for trigger return springs n stuff?

I am unafraid to miss.

#30 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

Was listening to one of MFCEO's podcasts tonight, and played around with the idea of both eyes open for shooting during some dryfire draws and reloads. Is both eyes open better than one eye open? Any advantages/disadvantages? It's more comfortable and natural to me, but I'm having problems making my right eye being the one that I.. use? I guess would be the right word.

I look at my "target" bring the gun onto target, sights are on target, focus on front sight with right eye(usually), start squeezing trigger while fixing the sight picture. Is this the right way to do it? I've only been practicing it tonight, and for the most part it's awesome, but every now and then my left eye is the one that gets "used" then the draw/reload goes to shit. Do I just need more practice?

I am unafraid to miss.

#31 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

Are you right eye or left eye dominant?

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#32 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

Right eye dominant, right handed. Also have another interesting question, what eye/eyes do you guys use when you shoot weakhanded?

I am unafraid to miss.

#33 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

I close my eyes. Actually makes an improvement.
  • ZachJ likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#34 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

I can see that. What if you have more than one target though?  :P

I am unafraid to miss.

#35 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

If it's up close hosing I shoot both eyes open, if the situation calls for a precision shot say a mini popper at 20 yds I either completely close of kind of lazy eye my left eye. I'm right handed right eye dominate and always had trouble shooting both eyes open, I'd see two front sights  all the time. I started target focus and sort of shooting over the top of the gun with both eyes open for hosing situations. It sounds clunky but you get to the point where it just happens. Not recommending it for everyone just relating what I had to do.

Now that my eyes are degenerating my right eye is getting weaker, this causes my left eye to take over and more or less be the dominant eye. I found this shooting some shotgun, I'd be crushing and for no reason miss one by 10 or 15 yds. Did some research and was astonished to find that your dominant eye can change during the day! 

Not trying to make this too complicated, for me the bottom line is if you can shoot both eyes open without problems it's a slight advantage. If you can't just work with what you can do and adapt, don't let it psych you out that others are shooting with both eyes because any advantage is not that big in our sport, we know where the targets are. Going into combat would be different.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#36 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

If you aren't 105 like Guru of Guns then just practice both eyes open. Your brain will [hopefully] quickly learn to use your dominant eye.

Made the transition long ago, never looked back.

I usually close one eye when working long range/scopes though, haven't mastered that yet.
  • ZachJ likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#37 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

I'm gonna try it for a while, drawing and then moving the gun over to different "targets" and making sure my brain uses the right eye to focus on the front sight. It's like using a red dot, but with irons.

I am unafraid to miss.

#38 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Whoa. http://www.ipsc.org/...n/icsStages.php

I'm too poor for steel, so whenever I can order or "borrow" some IPSC classic targets I'm gonna try the ones that only have paper. 

I am unafraid to miss.

#39 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I shoot with both eyes open and close/ squint my non dominant eye only on very difficult/ precise shots. I can call my shots much better with both eyes open. With one closed I miss all the other visual information.

Practice focusing on the target, raising the sights to the target, then shifting your focus back to the front sight. Hold that focus for a second. Then bring your focus back to the target and start over. You will get better at ignoring the image from your non dominant eye.
  • ZachJ likes this

#40 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

I shoot with both eyes open and close/ squint my non dominant eye only on very difficult/ precise shots. I can call my shots much better with both eyes open. With one closed I miss all the other visual information.

Practice focusing on the target, raising the sights to the target, then shifting your focus back to the front sight. Hold that focus for a second. Then bring your focus back to the target and start over. You will get better at ignoring the image from your non dominant eye.

I've been doing that for the past day. I can do that really good except for real small things. I use a 1 metre wide, 80cm tall World Map for practicing my distance targets atm, and unless I'm trying to focus the really small countries like say.. Sierra Leone, it works. For the small things I squint my left eye just a tiny bit, kinda like shooting ironsights on my remington 597/SKS, and it works.  :D

I am unafraid to miss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users