#21 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

Should be good then, there's only a couple of parts in my gun that are going to be-if strictly interpreted-illegal. That would be the CGW ext. firing pin, which I'm almost sure doesn't improve the performance any significant amount, if at all. The trigger pin so it can be removed easier when the spring breaks, also shouldn't make the gun be significantly better. More durable trigger return spring from CZCustom so I don't have to buy so many of the damn things, also shouldn't change much.

Regarding the polishing.. I'm definitely not gonna round the rear bottom of the slide then, that's an easy to notice illegal mod that I don't think will improve the gun's recoil by a significant amount. I am gonna roll sand paper probably 1000-2000 grit and smooth the hammer strut, parts of the sear, parts of the disconnector, and part of the trigger bar. I think with the minimum amount of smoothing I'll get an 8-9lb DA pull and maybe a 3-4lb SA pull. That'll be more than atlas' SP-01 with a 7lb DA and 3lb SA. 

Thoughts?

Edit: And yes, IPSC Prod is real strict with their modding, but on the bright side I don't have to worry about getting any accu-bushings or $1.7k guns from CZ Custom. For that amount of money, I might as well as go with a Stock II just cause every other IPSC CZ shooter I've seen so far runs a Shadow, and it would be fun to see their reactions to a Unicorn.

Edited by ZachJ, 30 November 2014 - 08:05 PM.

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#22 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

Sounds like a whole lot of work and bullshit just to shoot an unreliable Prodction gun. Dumb.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#23 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Well, I had no intentions to do any work on this gun until I got gooder. Now that the TRS broke, and I'm gonna have to open it up.. Well fuck it, let the work begin early.

Unreliable?  :blink: Out of 1k rounds I've shot through it, there's only been one malf. That and the TRS broke. I only knew about the slide-stop being fragile on CZs. If I knew this before hand, I would have gotten a Glock 17 and installed a kit to give it a 10# + trigger pull so that eventually I can pull any fucking trigger in the world.

Edit: Except the trigger that sets women off. Although I'm sure I'll pull those triggers a couple more times before I die.

Also, I saw a Shadow on sale for $699... That's the same price as my 85b... The temptation is great, but I bought all the parts for the 85b...

Edited by ZachJ, 30 November 2014 - 08:24 PM.

I am unafraid to miss.

#24 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

You are delusional if you call shit breaking at a 1000 rounds "reliable". Go ahead son, drink your Kool-Aid...

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#25 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

That's why I said I should have just gotten a glock and given it a 10# + trigger pull to practice with. And it's 1k rounds with up to 10k dryfire pulls.

I am unafraid to miss.

#26 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

Yikes 10K dryfire pulls and you only made C? You should buy Ben's books.

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg

#27 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

One of his DVDs might be coming with the $200 order I made, will see if it makes me an instant A-Class.

I am unafraid to miss.

#28 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

You are delusional if you call shit breaking at a 1000 rounds "reliable". Go ahead son, drink your Kool-Aid...

Such a Hater

#29 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noob, CZ Firing Pin Block Removal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users