51 replies to this topic

#21 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

So there is apparently some sort of dispute going on in the IDPA Facebook group over how the box is changed for CCCP division.

There is a spacer placed at the "bottom' of the box to reduce the size of guns allowed in this division. The question is, what part of the box is the "bottom?" do we want to thin out guns or reduce them in height from the magwell to the top of the sights?

#22 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Well, if it's designed for the G19 it wouldn't make sense to make the box thinner.  A G26,19,17&34 are all the same thickness.

#23 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

Length is covered with the barrel length limitation.  Height makes sense, otherwise why not just require singlestack vs. compact doublestack?

Besides, the compact & sub-compact plastic doublestack guys would never go for a singlestack proposal.

Warning point for [a] serious post and [b] IDPA is self-applied.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#24 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

A gun with a 3 inch barrel has to fit in a box built for a gun that has a 5 inch barrel? Bonus troll points to the first person to show up to a match with a set of old bullseye sights that extend way past the barrel but still fit in the box.

#25 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

A gun with a 3 inch barrel has to fit in a box built for a gun that has a 5 inch barrel? Bonus troll points to the first person to show up to a match with a set of old bullseye sights that extend way past the barrel but still fit in the box.

Only a gamer would do that and IDPA'ers are above that.

• Zazz Blammymatazz likes this

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#26 Zazz Blammymatazz

Zazz Blammymatazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Only a gamer would do that and IDPA'ers are above that.

Unless you call gaming lecturing people for shooting a gun they don't carry and then immediately shoot a stage with a 2011 or g34

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#27 glocktogo

glocktogo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

So the barrel length limit for CCP is 4.1". So, who makes a 4" 1911? :rolleyes:

#28 Mistadobalina

Mistadobalina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

So the barrel length limit for CCP is 4.1". So, who makes a 4" 1911? :rolleyes:

STI Guardian

This would seem to be THE gamer gun for CCP.

http://www.stiguns.c...e-sti-guardian/

Mista Dobalina, Mista Bob Dobalina

Mista Bob Dobalina, won't you quit?

You really make me sick with ya fraudulent behavior
You're gonna make me flip and then an army couldn't save ya

#29 ny32182

ny32182

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

125PF

#30 ChuckNLedd

ChuckNLedd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

So let's create a division that's perfect for Joe Concealed Carry and then call the matches BUG matches so that he has no idea what that is. 

#31 Crystal Baller

Crystal Baller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

Nice. A division for carry guns too modified for any sane person to carry.  

#32 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

I bet a 1911 Commander size gun in 9mm will be a big winner in this new exciting division.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#33 Zazz Blammymatazz

Zazz Blammymatazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

I wish they would make the rules so that the only eligible guns are .38 snubbies and small ass pimp guns like Ruger LCPs and Walther PPSs. I think that those can actually be fun to shoot and would like to see more of them in competition. As it is, it sounds like the commander 1911, G19 division, which is just more of the same shit.

It would actually encourage shooters to see how well they can actually shoot their "real" carry gun. Maybe even convince them to get a different carry gun. Every now and then I shoot my SP101 in IDPA matches just for fun and everyone is actually surprised that I can make 20 yard shots easily with it. Small revolvers are not inaccurate at all (probably more accurate than most but with shitty sites), fuck that "belly gun" lie/excuse. They just have a crap ton of slow as fuck reloads.

Due to the ridiculously slow reloads I would prefer a lower round count like IDPA rather than USPSA amounts so we would not have to sit around all day watching people reload.

• Mr_White and barry owens like this

#34 glocktogo

glocktogo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

I wish they would make the rules so that the only eligible guns are .38 snubbies and small ass pimp guns like Ruger LCPs and Walther PPSs. I think that those can actually be fun to shoot and would like to see more of them in competition. As it is, it sounds like the commander 1911, G19 division, which is just more of the same shit.

It would actually encourage shooters to see how well they can actually shoot their "real" carry gun. Maybe even convince them to get a different carry gun. Every now and then I shoot my SP101 in IDPA matches just for fun and everyone is actually surprised that I can make 20 yard shots easily with it. Small revolvers are not inaccurate at all (probably more accurate than most but with shitty sites), fuck that "belly gun" lie/excuse. They just have a crap ton of slow as fuck reloads.

Due to the ridiculously slow reloads I would prefer a lower round count like IDPA rather than USPSA amounts so we would not have to sit around all day watching people reload.

I shot a regular local match with a Kel-Tec P-32 in a pocket holster once (MD was comfortable I wouldn't shoot myself). 18th out of 42 overall and tied a LE instructor shooting SSR for lowest points dropped. That was fun. :)

• Mr_White and Cranky Gunsmith like this

#35 Zazz Blammymatazz

Zazz Blammymatazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

I shot a regular local match with a Kel-Tec P-32 in a pocket holster once (MD was comfortable I wouldn't shoot myself). 18th out of 42 overall and tied a LE instructor shooting SSR for lowest points dropped. That was fun. :)

I know its actually fun to shoot the little guns, and whoever you beat, they know you beat them hard.

• Mr_White likes this

#36 T-Bone Sandwich

T-Bone Sandwich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Well, if it's designed for the G19 it wouldn't make sense to make the box thinner.  A G26,19,17&34 are all the same thickness.

You should be a lawyer.

A G19 will fit in the min dimension box with the 1/4" spacer and it's barrel is less than 4.1".  See how easy that was.

The key to gaming the fuck out of this will be to find a gun with a large grip and barrel just under 4.1".  I was thinking VP9, but you're right, a 9mm commander with magwell tuned for 125 pf would be the shit yo.

#37 jthhapkido

jthhapkido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

It would actually encourage shooters to see how well they can actually shoot their "real" carry gun.

In your world, does everyone only carry tiny little guns?    Just curious.

• Mr_White likes this

#38 Zazz Blammymatazz

Zazz Blammymatazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

In your world, does everyone only carry tiny little guns?    Just curious.

Yes. Everyone always claims they carry a 1911 or G34, and then they equivocate with "well and a Jframe "belly gun" or LCP when I am in a non-permissive area" = only carry a LCP.

I bet you only carry a pink charter.

10304490.jpg?is=500,500

• Mr_White likes this

#39 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

I have a j frame .32 S&W Long.  Trigger pull is so sweet it will give you a boner.  Took a full cylinder to (eventually) kill an armadillo this one time but whatever.

We need a .32 division.  

• mcb and Cranky Gunsmith like this

#40 JimS

JimS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

They ought to drop the box and use displacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users