Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

Hi,

Well if you want unfiltered truth, then I guess I will ask here.

Does anybody know the scoop on MBX magazines and what happened at the Florida Open?  I am super interested in the Para P16 mags from MBX, but now there is a bastardized post over on Enos the mods have edited out the good stuff.

http://www.brianenos...c=209870&page=2

I just want to know;  Will MBX be a good product and will they be around?

Kind Regards,

Suffering in Para Mag Hell,

SM

• HerpesDeluxe likes this

#2 adam b

adam b

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationgrand rapids, mi

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

It appears that the basepad that MBX uses infringes on a bullshit patent that TTI filed.  I don't know the whole story but fucking enos is going right down the shittter.  The fucking mods are out of control and over moderate everything. 

• StrongHandOnly likes this

#3 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

Fucking weasel modadmins deleted my post. Patenting "a method of attaching a mag base pad to a specific part of the magazine body" is pure bumfuckery by Tarant. The first detachable mag base was probably worth a patent. A method of attaching a base pad with a common mechanical device is like trying to patent putting a door handle on the right side of a door. Asshole patent attorney - gets them to pay for a probably unenforceable patent and then pay to protect it lest they lose that "asset" they paid him to write up. Because they know the cost of the other side defending a claim is less than whatever BS licensing fee they'll try to get out of them. And no one is much better off than the attorney who gets a mortgage payment or three out of the deal. Now I get that small business people don't get the big picture of the legal system sometimes, and may get one sided legal advice, but this kind of shit is enough to ensure that I buy nothing from TT ever and buy MBX mags for my new STI unicorn. Not sure if the MBX is a good product, but the most likely outcome is TTI will extort some licensing fee from MBX, most of which will go to attorney fees, the folks at MBX will feel a little rapey, and life will go on.

#4 el24

el24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

Adrian (of MBX) is good people. He has been around for a while. He is one of the best tuners, and has been working on taking the dimensions and features he knows will work, and basing a production mag off of that.

Accusations were made, TTI posted specific portions of their patent claim related to the pin engaging the end wall of the mag, and that they feel end wall of the mag also kind of means anywhere.

MBX mag pin does not engage end wall of mag, but rather the lip at the bottom (read side) of the mag, in other words, imagine the lips where you slide your TTI basepad- pin engages lip, and not the body of the mag.

A slightly upset Adrian says stop dumping on my thread, its the lip, and TTI person says no problem, Taran and Adrian are friends, then vaporizing magic.

Other than a few people getting excited, and TTI spokesperson jumping in saying they were PMed about the thread and that's why they started posting patents, nothing much to see.

Its seems more like a misinformation/slander scandal there. Trying to generate bad press.

I personally will try the MBX mags because I trust Adrian, and after looking at the patent claim posted by TTI spokesperson I think they would have a really hard time proving infringement if they push this.

The real question is who is TaranTactical on Enos? If its Taran, he refers to himself in the third person, and if not, could it be their social media mogul, the ever popular zebra1?

#5 el24

el24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I should add, I first heard about the new mags last year. Sent a Rescomp to Adrian, he sent me back a 22+1 forty mag that easily clears the gauge. Spring life is pretty short, and follower will start to roll as spring weakens, but with a fresh spring it gives you that extra round to start. Ironically, that mag has TTI guts and pad...

Adrian said he was tired of trying to put other peoples crap together and make oy work. He wanted to spec and produce a system that would work with little to no adjustment and it appears that is what he has done. I don't know that Taran himself is even going the patent road, it just seemed that whoever the mouth piece is was capitalizing on a chance to dump on a competitor.

Considering what is available to Para shooters, I'd definitely try his mags when they come out, if I had a Para.

#6 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

This is what I seek.  I have good comment besides the TTI bullshit to think that Adrian has some good shit.  At this point, I would not think twice at buying 4 of the Para mags right out the door.

So somebody got their panties in a wad over mag designs that like it or not has been an ongoing metamorphous for over 100 years.  Its a fucking 1911 for gods sake.  

I have been in Para Mag hell way too long.  I really like the guns. Yes, I have shot and own others.  Frankly, this summer I was highly considering dumping ALL of it a firehouse sale prices and just getting a SVI.  

Thanks for clueing me in on the BS.  I will move forward with MBX when they become available.

And thanks to Doodie for not moderating my questions.  Transparency is the ultimate truth!

Can somebody get the spellcheck gods to clear "doodie" as a real word.  For that shit is REAL....

*No Mod Edit*

• Twinkie likes this

#7 Clawson2011

Clawson2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

IF you pull all the patent information and read the actual information from the Patent and Trade Office the patent TTI supposedly filed was actually filed by the real inventor John Bolen back in 2007.  Taran couldn't even invent his own shit he had to buy a patent from someone more smarter than him then send the minions over to enos to blow the mods and get shit disappeared because he is in the same class as Brett Russo on the universal DB scale. 

Attached File  patent application.tiff   222.01KB   10 downloads

#8 Clawson2011

Clawson2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

Google <7509767>   first result is the entire patent.  below is copy and pasted from bottom.

LEGAL EVENTS

Date Code Event Description Jun 25, 2014 FPAY Fee payment
Year of fee payment: 4
Jun 23, 2014 PRDP Patent reinstated due to the acceptance of a late maintenance fee
Effective date: 20140625
May 21, 2013 FP Expired due to failure to pay maintenance fee
Effective date: 20130331
Mar 31, 2013 LAPS Lapse for failure to pay maintenance fees   Mar 31, 2013 REIN Reinstatement after maintenance fee payment confirmed   Nov 12, 2012 REMI Maintenance fee reminder mailed   Mar 2, 2012 AS Assignment
Free format text: ASSIGNMENT OF ASSIGNORS INTEREST;ASSIGNOR:BOLEN, JOHN;REEL/FRAME:028683/0694
Owner name: BUTLER, TARAN, CALIFORNIA
Effective date: 20120222

#9 jrbet83

jrbet83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

the real inventor John Bolen back in 2007. 

Holy shit! Taran bought out Bolen.......who knew? Thanks for the outstanding detective work. 

#10 Reacharound

Reacharound

HondaTim nuthugger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationSouth Central L.A.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

you stupid bastards.  taran bought out bolen.  now, the hollywood hoes are shitting on each other.  bottom line is if you are shooting a PO, you are fucked.  remington fucked over PO, so if you are stupid enuf to own a PO, you'll do anything to survive.  smart money says TTI will assfuck MBX.  

#11 Ipscjoe

Ipscjoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

IF you pull all the patent information and read the actual information from the Patent and Trade Office the patent TTI supposedly filed was actually filed by the real inventor John Bolen back in 2007. Taran couldn't even invent his own shit he had to buy a patent from someone more smarter than him then send the minions over to enos to blow the mods and get shit disappeared because he is in the same class as Brett Russo on the universal DB scale.
patent application.tiff

He wasn't THAT smart. In fact he was a drugged out idiot fuck that called the cops to his house to do a "wellness" check and he opened fire on the cop. In prison now.

http://visalia.kmph....pitalized#bmb=1

#12 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Whatthefuck?? So Bolen isn't getting or losing money either way. I thought maybe he was the pissed-off party but probably not. News reaches him slowly unless Brett is baking him cakes to bring on visitation day.

Edit: http://www.visaliati...prison/8652303/

#13 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

This is what I seek.  I have good comment besides the TTI bullshit to think that Adrian has some good shit.  At this point, I would not think twice at buying 4 of the Para mags right out the door.

So somebody got their panties in a wad over mag designs that like it or not has been an ongoing metamorphous for over 100 years.  Its a fucking 1911 for gods sake.  

I have been in Para Mag hell way too long.  I really like the guns. Yes, I have shot and own others.  Frankly, this summer I was highly considering dumping ALL of it a firehouse sale prices and just getting a SVI.  

Thanks for clueing me in on the BS.  I will move forward with MBX when they become available.

And thanks to Doodie for not moderating my questions.  Transparency is the ultimate truth!

Can somebody get the spellcheck gods to clear "doodie" as a real word.  For that shit is REAL....

I would welcome you aboard, but you haven't seen fit to properly introduce yourself like a good little ShitMonkey.

Get with the program.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#14 T "G" O

T "G" O

The Gay One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

I don't know the legal part of it... but TTi basepads are basically an exact copy of Bolen ones.. funny he'd press legal charges for someone who kinda copied his design.

#15 JackShit

JackShit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

I don't know the legal part of it... but TTi basepads are basically an exact copy of Bolen ones.. funny he'd press legal charges for someone who kinda copied his design.

It appears as TTI bought out Bolen.
Don't know

#16 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

$20 says you didn't read.

• Brownie, rballz, Dr. Yellow Visor Guy and 4 others like this

A75033

#17 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

I would welcome you aboard, but you haven't seen fit to properly introduce yourself like a good little ShitMonkey.

Get with the program.

Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Rhett Toler L2456  From all over the east coast.  Now in GA/SC - again.

Suckass B shooter in Prod/Lim/Lim10  Just received my shitass C card in SS.  Yeah, I shoot Para's when in Limited.  Been off on a SS Minor blast since August.  Love it.

So who is GuanoLoco ?

#18 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

So who is GuanoLoco ?

GuanoLoca's husband
  • ToddKS and TonyTheThumb like this

#19 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Rhett Toler L2456  From all over the east coast.  Now in GA/SC - again.

Suckass B shooter in Prod/Lim/Lim10  Just received my shitass C card in SS.  Yeah, I shoot Para's when in Limited.  Been off on a SS Minor blast since August.  Love it.

So who is GuanoLoco ?

You forgot the insults.

A75033

#20 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

$20 says you didn't read.