Photo

MBX Magazines - WTF

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#21 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

You forgot the insults.

And where the Introduce Yourself subsection is located. 

#22 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

And where the Introduce Yourself subsection is located. 

http://www.doodiepro...ickmonkey-here/

All Better Now?   Unlike some of you M.F. I will tell you exactly who I am.  So, Have a nice day! - and I mean that with great kindness.

#23 FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Reacharound's other account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

following the thread on benos, lotta california folks claiming to have them.  only problem is they are illegal there and the mbx site doesn't even allow for shipping to that state.

#24 rballz

rballz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

following the thread on benos, lotta california folks claiming to have them.  only problem is they are illegal there and the mbx site doesn't even allow for shipping to that state.

Should I bring all my fucking tools?

#25 el24

el24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

Lol.

#26 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

America, fuck yeah.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#27 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

Ok, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Rhett Toler L2456  From all over the east coast.  Now in GA/SC - again.

Suckass B shooter in Prod/Lim/Lim10  Just received my shitass C card in SS.  Yeah, I shoot Para's when in Limited.  Been off on a SS Minor blast since August.  Love it.

So who is GuanoLoco ?

GuanoLoca's husband

GuanaLoca's hubby. And I am not Charles Bond. Or an asian chick that likes spicy food. I gave up the plastic fantastic for unicorns, shoot IDPA with old fat guys, and am trying to escape B-Class and Expert. I'm famous for having a wit even sharper than a marble.

What more do you need to know?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#28 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

The MBX extreme mags work great. Adrian Cook spent years designing them. I can start with 31 rounds of SC and reload to the same. I don't know about the 9mm or the .38 super.. I guess I can load up some super to see, but I don't care enough too. 9mm can be run like the SV w/o the spacer and work fine. So I'll be using them, have a good day.

#29 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

Richard Simmons' husband

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#30 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Zing!

The best part about the $20 and 857 references is that none of the post post112 retards have a clue what we are talking about.   :P

• sirveyr, B_Seehawer and JaeOne3345 like this

#31 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

Taran is straight up about buying Bolen's patent if you ask him. Or even if you just sit near him for more than about 10 minutes. Does a funny Bolen impersonation too.

Pretty much the issuance of a patent is de-facto evidence that invention is patentable, despite whatever various internet self-appointed experts may think.
If they disagree, they are free to file for a reexamination (put up or shut-up ante: $3000).

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#32 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

Pretty much the issuance of a patent is de-facto evidence that invention is patentable, despite whatever various internet self-appointed experts may think.

Dumbest fucking thing I'll hear all year. Scanning and emailing documents from a printer - also patented. So clearly the system works fine, must the the stupid fucking self appointed Internet patent experts.

/dumb fuck, get the fuck back on your donkey and stay in your fucking lane.

#33 Reverend Rat Snatcher

Reverend Rat Snatcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:24 AM

Dumbest fucking thing I'll hear all year. Scanning and emailing documents from a printer - also patented. So clearly the system works fine, must the the stupid fucking self appointed Internet patent experts.

/dumb fuck, get the fuck back on your donkey and stay in your fucking lane.

Nah, "dumbest fucking thing all year", would be that weak ass donkey insult attempt, gtfo.

#34 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

Let's say someone was building a 9mm Open gun and needed 140 and 170 mags. MBX tubes with MBX internals or Grams internals?

Team F.T.P.

#35 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

The only pad that fits the MBX tube is the MBX pad. Might as well get the whole package. The MBX follower is a little more minimal than Taran's and like TTI, it gives you one more round than the Grams spring/follower.

The rib going all the way down to the bottom of the tube seems to be a bigger help in 9mm/Supercomp, never had one go under the follower in my 40 mags even with TTI followers, but several times that happened in Supercomp, even with a Grams spring/follower.

If you already have old-style SV 40 tubes for Limited, there's not a big reason to buy an MBX mag. My MBX is a bitch to get 21, where the SV/TTI mags get 21 rounds a shade easier, probably because the ribs end before at the bottom. Also the front taper is longer on the MBX tube; you want that in 9mm/supercomp, not sure if it really does much for you (compared to SV tubes) in 40.

If all you have are STI mags, sell them to a newbie on Enos and buy a whole set of MBX, they are that good. One thing I noticed right away hand-racking rounds is that the MBX is by far the most consistent from top round to last round.

#36 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Proprietary base pads? Fucking great.

I have no Open mags or tubes, just .38 springs/followers of various types and my preferred Dawson base pads.

Nonetheless, MBX mags sound good for 9mm.

Team F.T.P.

#37 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

For Open with 9mm I'd say go MBX, the whole mag will cost less than the hoarders charge for one old-style SV tube.

Same goes for 3-gunners with 9mm minor Ltd, I suppose. They fit the gauge. Oh yeah, buy a gauge.

#38 earthshine402

earthshine402

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

The only pad that fits the MBX tube is the MBX pad. Might as well get the whole package. The MBX follower is a little more minimal than Taran's and like TTI, it gives you one more round than the Grams spring/follower.

The rib going all the way down to the bottom of the tube seems to be a bigger help in 9mm/Supercomp, never had one go under the follower in my 40 mags even with TTI followers, but several times that happened in Supercomp, even with a Grams spring/follower.

If you already have old-style SV 40 tubes for Limited, there's not a big reason to buy an MBX mag. My MBX is a bitch to get 21, where the SV/TTI mags get 21 rounds a shade easier, probably because the ribs end before at the bottom. Also the front taper is longer on the MBX tube; you want that in 9mm/supercomp, not sure if it really does much for you (compared to SV tubes) in 40.

If all you have are STI mags, sell them to a newbie on Enos and buy a whole set of MBX, they are that good. One thing I noticed right away hand-racking rounds is that the MBX is by far the most consistent from top round to last round.

I get 21+1 to start with TTI 4g2 basepads and grams or TTI guts.. 20 reloadable. Ditched TTI guts bc the follower moves forward on me and an empty mag sticks in the gun.
I dont really see the advantage of the MBX unless you can get 21 reloadable.

#39 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

I get 21+1 to start with TTI 4g2 basepads and grams or TTI guts.. 20 reloadable. Ditched TTI guts bc the follower moves forward on me and an empty mag sticks in the gun.
I dont really see the advantage of the MBX unless you can get 21 reloadable.

Your mags are the exception, not the rule.  Most aren't getting 21 with STI or SV tubes.

#40 JaeOne3345

JaeOne3345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

Fuck 21, I'll clap when 22 becomes easily available (and durable).

A75033

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users