128 replies to this topic

#121 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

Ive got 2 170's and 2 140's all running 9. MBX Tube, Spring, Follower, and Basepad.

The 170's hold 30/29R and the 140's 24/23R.

Got them in March and have been running great since. No issues at all. Maybe I am the lucky one.

#122 Kenny Cussco

Kenny Cussco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach FL

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

I have several of the 140mm 9mm for my Para

no issues

Then again I have no issues running the SPS mags either.

Had a rock island 2011 before the para and it was a nightmare

Para runs like a champ

#123 TastesLikeChicken

TastesLikeChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

I purchased two MBX mags when they first came out.  A 170 and a 140, both 9mm .    I had problems with the 140, zero problems with the 170.    I stopped using the 170 though because of the problems I had with the 140 as I didn't want to take any chances.   Sent both back to Adrian in August and he promptly returned them with new internals.   Have had ZERO problems with either since and I now use them without hesitation.

#124 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

I purchased two MBX mags when they first came out. A 170 and a 140, both 9mm . I had problems with the 140, zero problems with the 170. I stopped using the 170 though because of the problems I had with the 140 as I didn't want to take any chances. Sent both back to Adrian in August and he promptly returned them with new internals. Have had ZERO problems with either since and I now use them without hesitation.

So Adrian responded to your emails too, huh? Crazy shit...

#125 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:03 PM

So Adrian responded to your emails too, huh? Crazy shit...

Ya know, I actually thought it might be something with me or the couple guys locally that couldn't get any help from MBX.  Then low and behold, last weekend I talked to 4, FOUR, QUATRO 2+2, 3+1, 5-1 OTHER people from different areas who have had the EXACT same experience as I have.  

ETA:  One of my local friends had problems with his MBX mags and Adrian responded to him almost immediately.  Replaced all his 140's, numbered them and sent him a t shirt.  This was probably 8 months ago before so many people started having issues.  

Truth be told,  they have a bunch of fucked up shit on the street that didn't meet their claims.  They don't know how to deal with it so they aren't.  

#126 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

Ya know, I actually thought it might be something with me or the couple guys locally that couldn't get any help from MBX. Then low and behold, last weekend I talked to 4, FOUR, QUATRO 2+2, 3+1, 5-1 OTHER people from different areas who have had the EXACT same experience as I have.

ETA: One of my local friends had problems with his MBX mags and Adrian responded to him almost immediately. Replaced all his 140's, numbered them and sent him a t shirt. This was probably 8 months ago before so many people started having issues.
Truth be told, they have a bunch of fucked up shit on the street that didn't meet their claims. They don't know how to deal with it so they aren't.

So their new shit is GTG?

Just put their name on your shirt and tell people you are part of the product development team. Everyone is happy.

#127 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Ya know, I actually thought it might be something with me or the couple guys locally that couldn't get any help from MBX. Then low and behold, last weekend I talked to 4, FOUR, QUATRO 2+2, 3+1, 5-1 OTHER people from different areas who have had the EXACT same experience as I have.

ETA: One of my local friends had problems with his MBX mags and Adrian responded to him almost immediately. Replaced all his 140's, numbered them and sent him a t shirt. This was probably 8 months ago before so many people started having issues.
Truth be told, they have a bunch of fucked up shit on the street that didn't meet their claims. They don't know how to deal with it so they aren't.

I think I bought my first mags from him (9mm/38) when they were released. The .40 mag I had issues w I bought in June - he responded to my email then.

I think the follower design (or at least execution) sucks. Not sure if it's 3D printed (looks like it) or poorly milled, but they've worked for me so no complaints. I'm sure the followers will disintegrate eventually and when they do I'll replace them w Grams.

Anyway, you shared your experience, that's mine. Unless he comes here that's all it is.

#128 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

I stripped one of the .050 allen head that hold tension on the pin. All I had to do was send an email, the next day I got a response saying he will send me some pins, screws and spacers. When I received the package it had all that he said plus a base pad to replace the pad with the stripped screw, that I caused. These mags have always run 100%. I shot a match with Max Friday in Florida, he said he was interested in these mags but we both though it will be tuff to change what has been working so well. But he said that he does like that the MBX will reload with 29 over 28.

#129 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

So I take my gun and mags to the smith and he's like WTF is this shit. I said, the Doodies told me to use MBX tubes with Grams guts because MBX complete mags are shit. He said that was true then but not now, MBX are fine out of the box. So you fuckers led me astray and I should have read benosdotcom for up to date info.

My 170 MBX tubes with Dawson +1 pads are waaaay short in the gauge. Even a Dawson SNL would be way short. I'm thinking of getting some Grams 8mm pads and if they don't fit the gauge I'll use the Grams 4mm pads which I've got on the 140 tubes.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users