5 replies to this topic

#1 the_swede

the_swede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

I've been working dryfire out of Bens book pretty regularly for the last 6 months with good results. The last 2 - 3 weeks I feel like I have hit a plateu though and I'm finding it hard to push times down further. Specifically I've been using the "stuck in b class" scheme exclusively Adding to that match season is ramping up in the cold north. Should I somehow change my dry fire training? More "stages" and less drills? Focusing on something different and then coming back again? Just do the stuff I suck at (where I'm partly stuck too)? Suggestions welcome!

#2 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

I don't have the book in front of me.

Be more specific in where you are achieving success/plateaus and where.  What AREN'T you working on?

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#3 nwhpfan

nwhpfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I've been working dryfire out of Bens book pretty regularly for the last 6 months with good results. The last 2 - 3 weeks I feel like I have hit a plateu though and I'm finding it hard to push times down further. Specifically I've been using the "stuck in b class" scheme exclusively Adding to that match season is ramping up in the cold north. Should I somehow change my dry fire training? More "stages" and less drills? Focusing on something different and then coming back again? Just do the stuff I suck at (where I'm partly stuck too)? Suggestions welcome!

Go live fire and see if you are where you think.  Then go back to the DF to clean up where you're not as solid as you think you should have been in live.

Almost all of the DF drills, even the ones that seem basic have carry over to other parts of the game.  As long as you are engaged your time is well spent.  It's also worth doing to maintain.

#4 SteveC5ws6

SteveC5ws6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWeston, WV

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

What do your current Dry Fire sessions consist of?

• TSO likes this

#5 the_swede

the_swede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

Since I always found getting a proper training structure most difficult I followed the training plan in the book. Of course I need to get more live fire in as soon as it gets a little sarmer to verify progress. I've shot a club match so far this year and felt that I've could be better when it comes to position entry/exit. This is something I feel isn't being covered to a large extent in the "stuck in B class" training plan as it's mostly stand and shoot stuff.
  • RockOutGLOCKOut likes this

#6 SteveC5ws6

SteveC5ws6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWeston, WV

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

Ok. to get out of B class you need stand and shoot skills not match skills.. ( classifiers are mostly stand and shoot)

When i cant seem to go faster, i find it better to go slow.... Go through things in SLOW motion.  this helps me to 1. determine things I am doing wrong, and get rid of that habit at normal speed. and TWO. probably more importantly to focus more on relaxing. 

I'm not saying to actually slow down, I'm saying to clean things up and calm down/relax.    During this time of less improvement, it's fine to work on something else, ease the tension of your expectations. but don't take too long off.  Depending on your ability plateau's can be short, or long. Sometimes little things, like splitting the session with a workout, or a different drill helps. Then clear your mind, and focus on the CAN..  tell yourself your GOING to break this time, you WILL break this time.  much like the 3 minute mile was impossible until people realized it could be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users