#21 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

A next-level nuthugger jumping to TPOG's defense: link.

In other news, posting pics of what TPOG calls unsafe at a TPOG class is a personal attack. LULZ

• Ben, Stubb and ny32182 like this

#22 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

A next-level nuthugger jumping to TPOG's defense: link.

That's a good reminder of why I don't associate with those assholes any more.

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#23 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that takes hand cuffs to the range.

#24 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

That thread should be sticky. It's the acme of Pistol Forum content.
  • GuruOfGuns likes this

#25 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

Tom Jones already editted my post.  That or the keywords TPOG or "nose pick" are on the black list and were automatically purged. 

#26 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:28 AM

I was looking for a "booger hook" reference.  Dissapointed by PF once again.......

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#27 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

Tom Jones already editted my post.  That or the keywords TPOG or "nose pick" are on the black list and were automatically purged. 

does TPOG not engage the trigger shortly after the nose pick stage of the press out?

But your words live (for now) in the post right below yours where Cody quoted you  LOL

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#28 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

two assists for Cody

#29 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

BTW what's the "nose pick stage"?  Is that when TPOG brings the gun all the way up to his eyeballs before punching out?

#30 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

https://pistol-forum...ll=1#post309282

78179-dis-gon-be-gud-gif-xQsU.jpeg

• maximis228 likes this

#31 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Don't spook them!  This shit requires finesse.

• BenB likes this

#32 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

BTW what's the "nose pick stage"?  Is that when TPOG brings the gun all the way up to his eyeballs before punching out?

That would be the part when he brings the gun up to his nostrils and then above and off the target before pressing out.  

I don't claim to be a tactical instructor, but I DO have the internet, and it seems to me that any real face shooters would tell you to get the muzzle oriented toward the target immediately following the draw so you can shoot from retention if necessary.

• GuruOfGuns likes this

#33 Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Dr. Yellow Visor Guy

Gear queer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

That would be the part when he brings the gun up to his nostrils and then above and off the target before pressing out.  

I don't claim to be a tactical instructor, but I DO have the internet, and it seems to me that any real face shooters would tell you to get the muzzle oriented toward the target immediately following the draw so you can shoot from retention if necessary.

But perps are usually 30ft+ tall, that's why claxton thinks TPOG is on target and perfectly safe in the screen cap.

• Alex Gac likes this

#34 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

WTF Over?

Why even have a discussion if the outcome is that posts are edited and counter points dismissed? That place is completely lame.

I would sign up but I would be banned my first post so I will just save them the time and not...

#35 Severian

Severian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Jeez. The gun doesn't have to be at eye level to be pointed at a target.  You don't even need to be looking down the sights to fire rounds on a target.  And more to the point, one can be moving into position with the gun pointed at a target, finger inside the trigger guard, while the gun is coming up to eye level.  Right?

#36 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Jeez. The gun doesn't have to be at eye level to be pointed at a target.  You don't even need to be looking down the sights to fire rounds on a target.  And more to the point, one can be moving into position with the gun pointed at a target, finger inside the trigger guard, while the gun is coming up to eye level.  Right?

According to the rules, yes. The point is that USPSA rules will get people killed. 

#37 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

So much hypocrisy on that site. They claim competition shooting isn't like IRL gunfighting but on the other hand want to apply their view of IRL gunfighting to that very same competition. They are all just trying to out SME each other over there.

I guess things have changed but a lot of the "tactical" instructors used to teach "getting some of the trigger pull out of the way" on the way up on the first shot of a da\sa.

I gave a little pause to a RO at the Nationals a few years ago when I point shot the last couple of targets of a stage. It was like "I guess that's ok" HEH

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#38 SME at Pistol Forum

SME at Pistol Forum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

I don't think Todd is trolling his own people on purpose...but the line between provocative and trolling can be pretty thin.

Is the picture of Dave Sevigny btw?

The angle makes the difference in USPSA - as to where the next target is if this is bad or not IMO.

In PF land the question is when does the finger on the trigger. Some will say at extension ready to fire and probably believe that's the way they, and their leader does it. Evidence to the contrary.

I doubt TPOG was oblivious his finger gets on it early...around paralelle. I'm pretty sure he's not down with being on early when the gun is pointed at the deck though.

But nutguzzlers and ignorant Timy non gamers worried of getting kilt on the streets don't have enough discriminating experience to know the difference one way or the other much less knowing the difference between what is....is…

Epic PF thread...kind of. But actually a decent and thought provoking one too.

The edit of “TPOG” is preserved later and in this thread not disrespectful as warned IMO.  Making the point, Todd “Press Out” does it in his “nose pick” draw…..  I doubt TPOG felt slighted by the remark since he has used it in jests himself.

Pistol Forum Subject Matter Expert...  Which pretty much equals B class at Doodie Project

#39 maximis228

maximis228

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

So my censorship post got me banned. All it took was a single post.

• LeadChucker likes this

#40 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Pretty much.

The mod that gave me the warning and editted my post actually seems like a reasonable guy and isn't blind to the fact that limiting opposing viewpoints is not in the best interest of the site. He just didn't like the TPOG reference at first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users