#21 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

I guess I just need to make it fit the box... Ti for me. With just the bull, and the solid Ti block the weight was similar to a tungsten sleeved barrel, over 9 oz and still a tracker. It now runs a bushing.

If I could build it over I would do the bushing again, but leave the dust cover and front sight block, and try to make it nestle down to the frame like the Limcats. That, and make it fit the box.

Either way, it seems pretty silly. No thread protector for you, but tungsten sleeves are G2G?

Ltd3.jpg

Fitting the box isn't going to happen until there's about 1/4" of that muzzle block left. You can get to 5-3/8" barrel if you saw the ass end off the grip safety. And you'll need to chop the shit out of the magwell. Which is kind of a problem for retaining the ICE insert, so just get an STI magwell and chop that.

Except for that, it's golden.
  • JohnnySr likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#22 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Doesn't look like the GV crowd are too happy with the IPSC scientists at the moment.

That's weird. Didn't they see where Vince pointed out that the sky wasn't falling?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#23 Miguel

Miguel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Fitting the box isn't going to happen until there's about 1/4" of that muzzle block left. You can get to 5-3/8" barrel if you saw the ass end off the grip safety. And you'll need to chop the shit out of the magwell. Which is kind of a problem for retaining the ICE insert, so just get an STI magwell and chop that.

Except for that, it's golden.

Yeah magwell swap and beavertail chop for sure.

The slide is commander length so I could still get a good inch of block on there. I'd probably just have a second, shorter barrel fitted if I ever take it to shoot IPSC.

With the way changes are handled, I'm not going to cut up a good 6" until they figure their stuff out...

#24 Maul

Maul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSkiville

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

They are at it again.
New topic same issue.
Define a compensator.

#25 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

whats the fucking point I ask myself

• thegrandwazoo likes this

#26 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

Sometimes I feel like that Vince guy is just trolling.

But he isn't and that makes me sad.

#27 Matt1

Matt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

This just destroys the concept of Standard Div being anything goes except for comp's, dots and fit the box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: darth dickhead, science, fail, rules, interpretations, nuts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users