#21 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Evil twin?

You've really improved! Gives me hope I won't suck so bad in 22 months, as well.
  • Stubb and JohnnySr like this

#22 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

Cool comparison. I don't have the videos but I have done similar by looking back at match scores. So different its laughable.

#23 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

Did a couple runs on CM 06-05 Fluffy's Revenge 2 to prep for a match next weekend. It was cool to shoot north of 100% on the first try and consistently lay down GM scores after that. It was quite rare that my turn & draw broke 1.3 s or that any split or transition was better than 0.2 s. I'm sure that a real USPSA baller could break 2.5 s on this thing.

Keys to shooting this well were getting my weak hand in position to catch the pistol as soon as it came out of the holster and then gripping the fuck out of it with my weak hand. The front sight never left the A-zone of the 7-yard targets while shooting. Another real trick is snapping the pistol between targets and not dragging it to string shots horizontally.

• Twinkie, not that bryan, Sweet T and 2 others like this

#24 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

That's so baller!
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#25 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

Did a couple runs on CM 06-05 Fluffy's Revenge 2 to prep for a match next weekend. It was cool to shoot north of 100% on the first try and consistently lay down GM scores after that. It was quite rare that my turn & draw broke 1.3 s or that any split or transition was better than 0.2 s. I'm sure that a real USPSA baller could break 2.5 s on this thing.

Keys to shooting this well were getting my weak hand in position to catch the pistol as soon as it came out of the holster and then gripping the fuck out of it with my weak hand. The front sight never left the A-zone of the 7-yard targets while shooting. Another real trick is snapping the pistol between targets and not dragging it to string shots horizontally.

Fuck yeah.

#26 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

Put on an an epic shit show at River Bend complete with shooting like a pussy, needing make-up shots on steel, and wandering through stages feeling like I was stumbling blind through a blizzard. Botched several draws and reloads as well and included an unnecessary extra reload on one stage that cost me big. You know you fucked up royally if you have time to swear while shooting.

My CZ jammed again on the classifier in the same way as last month—it failed to eject the spent case. So far this has only happened at matches, never in the far greater quantity of ammo I'm shooting in practice.

Only good news from the day was shooting ~95% of points (no Ds or penalties) and getting a GM score on the classifier re-shoot. But at this point I'm preparing my petition to drop back to A class.

I'm hoping this was all largely due to feeling beat up from work and sleeping poorly the previous night. I was feeling tired and foggy all day.

• Twinkie and GuanoLoco like this

#27 Twinkie

Twinkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Flagellate yourself immediately and until further notice. 

Good points! Penalty-free and no D's is baller. I hear reshoots are no good, though, if you want to be a legit GM. You also need to always win your club matches. You have no excuse for your failure.

I think you did pretty good, considering you seemed asleep most of the time. Don't be so hard on yourself. You should be your best friend, not your worst enemy.

• Stubb likes this

#28 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

Why did you get the reshoot? Classifier and didn't count maybe?

What I see FWIW is that most of the time you are lagging behind your gun, IMHO the gun should be the first thing to get there. I like to think of it like the gun is dragging me to the next spot.  Your reload between the two close ports looked like it lacked urgency, I don't mean to go nuts but kinda go for it a lot more. Also related is that lean back and then go movement, you look in good shape I bet you can move better than that, more efficient is what I mean.

You are shooting great, head for the top of the heap you can get there.

• Stubb likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#29 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

The re-shoot was simply plunking down $3 and going again. That score will go in instead of the one where my gun jams and I stand there rolling my eyes before clearing it and finishing the stage. I need to figure out why my gun is doing that. Initial thinking was magazines that had been beaten to hell over two years of practice and matches, but that's not it.

Lack of urgency was a good way to describe yesterday's shooting, and much of my shooting in general. There are some hints of not screwing around on the second stage, but that needs to become the rule, not the exception. I've no excuse for the slow reloads, especially with how much I practice them in dry fire. It makes me mad seeing them on video!

Interesting on leading with the gun. Gotta think about that and how I'm moving in general. I'm convinced that I can pick up a couple seconds in efficiency on each stage.

#30 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,043 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

Actually looks pretty good besides the few thing you pointed out. Trying to improve as you get closer to the top is always more difficult, it is certainly not a linear curve on effort as to approach 90% and beyond.

Keep up the good work

2 things are vitally important to performance

1) get your gear sorted out, ain't no reshoots in a match

2) sleep is imperative to a quality performance

I always shake my head at the assholes that treat big matches like a frat weekend, sitting in hotel rooms drinking with their buddies acting like they aren't allowed to drink at home. I promise you alcohol affects your performance the next day, and NOT in a positive way. Save it for gunsmithing ;)

Btw, good job on the classifier reshoot

Sorry for a slight thread hijack

#31 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

But at this point I'm preparing my petition to drop back to A class.

After those recent vids we were getting ready to petition you up to GM class.
  • Stubb likes this

In Doodie, Veritas.

#32 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

1) get your gear sorted out, ain't no reshoots in a match

Pistol is getting a new extractor, etc. this week. I thought the problem was bad magazines, but that's been ruled out as a possibility. I'll also compare the ejector with another one of my CZs.

2) sleep is imperative to a quality performance

Oh hell yes. We had some friends over on Friday night. Two cocktails there, and I was in bed by eleven. But for some reason I woke up every hour or two. Didn't feel the least bit rested when my alarm went off shortly before seven. Will try no booze the night before a match.

#33 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

1 mg Melatonin. Makes all the difference for me.

In Doodie, Veritas.

#34 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

1 mg Melatonin. Makes all the difference for me.

I'll be exploring that and similar options as well.

#35 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

There was just something about Saturday. We all shot like shit. I don't think anyone shot as well as normal.
Maybe weather, it wasn't really that hot but I definitely felt it. This was the first match that felt like summer.

#36 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

That shooting in the fog because of lack of sleep sucks big time. Wish I had a solution for you but I still struggle before big matches the night before. I do try to insure I get decent rest a couple of days in a row before to try to overcome this.

ADs at 00:27 and 01:44 aren't to bad. You should exercise just a bit more caution just after the reload (00:27) The one at 01:44 could catch you a no shoot pretty easy depending.  Neither were an issue but you don't want them to be either.

You can probably shit can that petition with your videos out there. Just saying.

#37 Stubb

Stubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

With sleep, I can't expect to make up for a long week (work, social stuff, exercise, etc.) on Friday night.

An early shot like the one at 00:27 nearly got me tossed from the AL Sectional. I think it's party an artifact of dry fire in that reloading fully resets the trigger mechanism, necessitating a DA shot after every reload. When it's SA as in live fire, bad things can happen. This is something I've been trying to address.

• Schmukatelli likes this

#38 Just Shoot

Just Shoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:42 PM

The re-shoot was simply plunking down $3 and going again. That score will go in instead of the one where my gun jams and I stand there rolling my eyes before clearing it and finishing the stage. I need to figure out why my gun is doing that..

I am having the same issue with my CZ. Hasn't happened in practice, but has in two of my last four matches. Drop me a line if you figure it out and I will do the same.

God doesn't want me to be a good shooter or he would make this easy.

Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.

#39 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

With sleep, I can't expect to make up for a long week (work, social stuff, exercise, etc.) on Friday night.

An early shot like the one at 00:27 nearly got me tossed from the AL Sectional. I think it's party an artifact of dry fire in that reloading fully resets the trigger mechanism, necessitating a DA shot after every reload. When it's SA as in live fire, bad things can happen. This is something I've been trying to address.

I think I've been fighting a similar issue. Occasionally (but often enough to be a pattern) I'm throwing my first shot after a reload high over the target. It may be a hang up from dry fire always being DA after a reload.

#40 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

The reason it caught my eye is that i am subject to doing this as well. My problem stems from switching back and forth from revolvers to bottom feeders. With the wheel gun I am always pulling the trigger, from draw to last round and driving the gun to be on target but when I switch to the bottom feeders I have the occasional close shot because the gun went bang a little early.  Wish I knew of an easy fix but I don't.  Keep up the good work.  

• Stubb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users