31 replies to this topic

#21 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

It's a $30 video, not a $500 2-day class.

True, but why even have the panel? Sure they asked a few questions, but that's about it. As both a viewer and a shooter who is trying to improve they really served no purpose and the video could have easily been made without them. Kind of a waste for something that could have been much more. Just my $0.02
  • JohnnySr likes this

#22 BoyGlock2

BoyGlock2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

Just seen it. Initially I was a bit disappointed that theres nothing new in it for me. Everything has been in his books and video previous to this. But the lesson and message is right on the mark. Everything is all about FUNDAMENTALS. Nothing less. I'll keep it in mind. For this, I appreciate it. But still, I wish theres a Refund button in vimeo.

#23 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Fundamentals executed extremely well is the province of the expert.

I'm sure there was NOTHING new in it for you. Carry on.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#24 BoyGlock2

BoyGlock2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

Fundamentals executed extremely well is the province of the expert.

I'm sure there was NOTHING new in it for you. Carry on.

If you have studied mfceo's books, video and podcasts prior maybe you can say with confidence that he has discussed all those fundamentals at great length. Mastering them is the key. I know that and I assure you Im continually working on them even at my late age. Unfortunately it seemed I was not born to be a GM ;)

#25 ncav8tor

ncav8tor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

I like the video and I thought the information presented was well worth the entry fee, especially for the digital download. It is professionally done and I am sure BS and company is pleased with the end product. They should be!

There is a lot of good information here. But, having said that, my opinions are based on my own skill level and progression as a competitor/shooter.

Simply put, there aren't many people I know who wouldn't benefit from watching this video and that includes a shitload of people that think they are better than they really are. 

Good job! I look forward to the next one!

#26 BoyGlock2

BoyGlock2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:35 AM

NUTHUGGERS. Pathetic...

#27 mx5

mx5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the least populated state.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

^^^ Weak troll. Not even a 3 on a 1-10.

• ncav8tor likes this

"...wheeling out to my vehicle (in a wheel chair) with a walker across my lap."

#28 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

NUTHUGGERS. Pathetic...

It seems you were not only born to be a GM, but you were born devoid of GM troll level skills...

Was expecting more from someone brave enough to use "boy" and "glock" in one screen name.
  • phil datpus likes this

#29 BoyGlock2

BoyGlock2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Funny that some people here equate my opinion here to my skill level in shooting and trolling.
Im not a GM in both fields but I can comprehend.
My opinion regarding this learning aid was based more on the author's previous works and other materials by others such as Enos, Leatham, S. Anderson, Seeklander, Kirsch and others, w/c I studied and practiced with some dedication. I didnt say its not good or worthless. It took up the same things as others' but approached differently as others had done differently too. Comparing mfceo's approach to others, its unique and novel. But its normal as all others are also unique and novel too. This is a common characteristic among the better advocates of this game.
My beef is that most of the topics and his take on them were mostly rehash from his previous works. Yes I know we cannot reinvent the wheel (almost) technique-wise.
The better part is that he took them more into details. But most are novel ideas on how-tos w/c are personal and his alone. To take them as dogma is something I should be wary of and w/c he always cautions us against. But it points to what and how detailed it should be made but not necessarily to copy him. As in all his previous works, he encourages us to find our true ways and not be afraid of our own selves.
I think I should not be offending and apologize to you guys for being different. Should I? ;)

#30 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

Practical Pistol Foundations is the DVD/digital download video companion piece to Ben Stoeger's Practical Pistol technique book. Foundations, as the name implies, is about the basics, and covers grip, stance, trigger control, aiming, drawing, reloading, target transitions, single handed shooting, mental management, and shot calling. It uses a survey approach, explaining a variety of the dominant techniques seen in competitive shooting. Even though Foundations is clearly directed at competitive shooters, there is still value in the techniques for defensive handgun shooters. As usual, there is a ton of crossover.

The production style is specific and looks very nice. The information is kept engaging, being conveyed in varied formats, from conversations with Ben and narration while showing him and others as examples, to round table discussions. The lighting is well done and gives the video a great look, and the unobtrusive atmospheric sounds are just right. There is plenty of detail to look at, with lots of composite shots of Ben explaining what's being shown executed by different people in adjoining screens.

The shot calling segment is truly a standout. The lighting, camera work, and explanation from Ben combine to be simply the best video illustration of this enormously important skill that I've seen presented anywhere.

A welcome and valuable element of Foundations is Ben's wife Kita explaining his practice schedule and level of motivation. The importance of that can't be overstated. If a person can find the motivation to work very very hard, then the sky's probably the limit. It might be attractive to think that if one had the right techniques, one would be better than everyone else. But that's nowhere near enough. Those are just the Foundations.

If you are looking for an instructional video that will help refine your technique on the core skills you'll need in competitive shooting, Practical Pistol Foundations is very much worth a look.

http://www.benstoege.../PPF-DVD-2T.jpg
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#31 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

Damn, look at the writing skills on Mr White. Nice job!

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#32 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

I think he might be edumacated. This needs to be posted on the web other sites selling the video.
  • ZachJ likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users