Photo

USPSA Pres Straw Poll

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote! (194 member(s) have cast votes)

If you voted today, who would you vote for:

1. Manny Bragg (9 votes [4.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

2. Jack Suber (73 votes [37.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.63%

3. Mike Foley (109 votes [56.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.19%

4. Paul Hyland (3 votes [1.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

I do know Jake Martens, as I have shot a lot of his Indiana State Matches, he is one state away from me so we run into one another. I know this, I won't be a friend of anyone who isn't doing their job.

Are you saying Jake Martens isn't doing his job?

#22 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Are you saying Jake Martens isn't doing his job?

No, I'm not saying that at all, just that I'd take an active role against anyone that isn't. The only part of that statement about Jake is that I know him.

#23 Cajun cracker

Cajun cracker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLa.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Anyone have a bead on reasons for the pushback on Jack Suber?

I'm not saying this is a bad thing or a good thing, just curious.

I wonder why Troy is interfering with Jack? Also why Jake & Chris are all over this Jack bashing wagon? Did Kim compensate them for the help?
That's enough to make me vote for Jack to see what thats about.
  • LeadChucker likes this

#24 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Did Kim compensate them for the help?

Kim is not internet supermodel hot but she strikes me as real world able to wrap old fat men around her finger hot.

I hope that doesn't get me sued.  I will gladly take take it back for a BJ.

• Sad Sack and Buck Turgidson like this

#25 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

Kim is not internet supermodel hot but she strikes me as real world able to wrap old fat men around her finger hot.

I hope that doesn't get me sued.  I will gladly take take it back for a BJ.

I'll let the fat old men know.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#26 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

I think some people need to go re-read the Front Sight article where Kim talked about hurtful things being said on social media, and then think about what you've done.

And then be prepared to be sued.

#27 MGMorden

MGMorden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

I'll personally be voting for Jack.  Honestly Mike Foley seemed perfectly acceptable too and I don't think he'd do a bad job, but I've attended Jack's matches for years now and he's always been very involved and hard working.

No podcast interview puts the other two off my list already for the most part, though the mere mention of an association with Prod Optics kills any chance of me voting for Paul Hyland.  Manny Bragg - honestly I don't have a feel for him as a candidate currently (and realistically - I'm too lazy to go digging around for info myself), though I do think it may be hard to beat his name recognition among the membership at large.

#28 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

... though I do think it may be hard to beat his name recognition among the membership at large.

If he doesn't have the right credentials (and I have no idea of his credentials outside shooting), then we owe it to ourselves to grass-roots educate other USPSA members on why we need to elect on the basis of more than name recognition.

Look how well that approach is currently serving us.

• ncav8tor likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#29 TastesLikeChicken

TastesLikeChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Anyone have a bead on reasons for the pushback on Jack Suber?

I'm not saying this is a bad thing or a good thing, just curious.

I plan on listening to both interviews again in full, and doing a bit more research before I make my final decision.   I haven't paid much attention to any specific pushback on Jack.  One thing I don't understand with Jack is his supposed Business Experience and how it is so much more vast than that of Mike.  I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that Jack's "vast amount of experience" is rooted in the Government sector.   If true, that is a big negative as far as I am concerned.  Like I said, I want to do more research on Jack, but I haven't seen a lot of great business leaders come of out a government background.  I'd like to hear from someone that has worked with both individuals to see what they have to say.   Clearly there must be someone that has had dealings with both of them.   Chuck Anderson perhaps?

• Buck Turgidson likes this

#30 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

I wonder why Troy is interfering with Jack? Also why Jake & Chris are all over this Jack bashing wagon? Did Kim compensate them for the help?
That's enough to make me vote for Jack to see what thats about.

The current mess that is USPSA HQ bashing a candidate, is a truly compelling reason to vote for that person.  

• Cajun cracker and ncav8tor like this

#31 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Don't make me pay for the actions of others, I'll stand on my own. Jack and I agreed to an honest and upfront campaign without this type of action from anyone connected to either of us. I wouldn't condone anything done to damage Jack, but I damn sure don't want to be judged by the actions of others, and especially the rumors of actions. Pick one of us based on our own merits and our own actions please.
  • Scott, TSO, poopgiggle and 7 others like this

#32 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

I've stated that anyone who wouldn't do the podcast isn't getting my vote.

It's pretty close for me between Suber and Foley but I liked Foley's plan for growing USPSA by helping the clubs.

Right now I'd vote for Foley.

First one to come out and state production optics is fucking retarded gets my vote.

If you really think USPSA needs another optics division production optics is not it, the rules would be a clusterfuck. I think the best option is something along the lines of modified but without the comp. Anything goes as long as it fits in the box, no comps.

#33 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

As for the other candidates.

Production optics is dumb. + Can't deal with some harsh language = Fuck Paul Hyland

Manny being a pussy and hiding from the podcast by "being busy" is a bitch move. So fuck him too.
  • Stubb, (Sh)ItJustGotReal and Buck Turgidson like this

#34 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Revolver Optics FTW

#35 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

I think Jack and Mike are both good candidates, for 3 reasons:

• Have all their teeth.
  • Can hear the word "fuck" without turning red and telling the teacher.
  • Have no use for Lim-10 and could be talked into whacking PO on arrival (but why not just say it now?)

I think Jack's a better candidate because:

• Turtle targets will create the prize tables we haven't seen since the 90's & make Stegger more richer & keep gun-grabbers off our ass.
  • HUD reminds me of the Public Health Dept (that's not a compliment), but dude DOES know how you set up a non-profit because: Job.
  • Kim hates him, the board will re-organize in 2-4 years,she's done, and HQ finally moves out of Dave Stanford's back yard.

Not Mike's fault the incompetents on top don't hate him & as mentioned one should be Prez, the other Exec Director. There. Done.

• Cajun cracker likes this

#36 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Three gunners run around in multicam plate carriers blasting rambo guns and ziplining from fucking towers and they have huge prize tables and sponsors.
  • Ben, poopgiggle, dravz and 2 others like this

#37 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

I am trending towards Mike because the specific issues he said he would work on are important to me and the ideas Jack offered up don't appeal to me. I am not going to vote based on hoping to fuel some HQ infighting. I would if someone on the inside would give me the gossip, but I don't know anyone. Also, several people at my local match run side bets on head shots, so Suber would kill the gaming industry here.

I hope they both offer to come on one more time to address some of the allegations against them or their agendas. Most of the personal attacks have been against Foley the secret HQ plant with "possible" conflicts, while the Suber attacks have been against Jack's ideas regarding growth and nuthuggery of IPSC and turtles.

How about both on at the same time? They both seem like professional gentlemen. Get Hyland to moderate and enforce the no cussing rule.

#38 TastesLikeChicken

TastesLikeChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

... as mentioned one should be Prez, the other Exec Director. There. Done.

I wonder if either of these two would seriously consider this.... you know, for the betterment of mankind.  Seriously though, it's not a bad idea.    

#39 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

You guys might be interested to learn that we recorded a podcast last night regarding the presidential race. Here is the description of the show:

"We discuss the race for USPSA president with a large panel. Hopkins shits on Manny, Arik gets behind Suber, Tim is basically useless."

It drops in about a week.

• Scott, Twinkie, ncav8tor and 3 others like this

#40 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Three gunners run around in multicam plate carriers blasting rambo guns and ziplining from fucking towers and they have huge prize tables and sponsors.

Yes. And they (3GN) are for profit and on TV. And their target is a red circle inside a black circle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users