Photo

USPSA Pres Straw Poll

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote! (194 member(s) have cast votes)

If you voted today, who would you vote for:

1. Manny Bragg (9 votes [4.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

2. Jack Suber (73 votes [37.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.63%

3. Mike Foley (109 votes [56.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.19%

4. Paul Hyland (3 votes [1.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

Racist.
  • subQ likes this

#42 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Who the hell is Arik?

#43 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

One thing I don't understand with Jack is his supposed Business Experience and how it is so much more vast than that of Mike.  I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that Jack's "vast amount of experience" is rooted in the Government sector.   If true, that is a big negative as far as I am concerned.

A million fucking times this.  Being a career bureaucrat should be a deal killer for everyone.  Anyone can talk the talk.  Go back and look where and how they walked the walk.

Being a career fed.gov bureaucrat is precisely the reason I will NOT vote for Jack Suber.

• Dale Rogers likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#44 pinkad

pinkad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Mike doesn't dry fire, he's out!!!!

#45 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

I don't really get the whole COI thing with Mike either.  Just because he worked for a company before he takes the job as President is not a conflict of interest.  Approving a contract to pay your wife $20K a year and not telling the BOD about it, then saying you really don't know anything about it, but still refusing to declare she's getting paid is a COI.  Receiving $30K a year and voting on your own salary is a COI.  Paying a bunch of money into the pockets of the guys who are doing your evaluations and approving your salary, while refusing to tell the BOD how much they are being paid or show the "contracts" to the BOD after repeated requests, that's a COI.  Mike working now for Shooters Connection and knowing some people in the industry is not a COI.  Okay, well maybe it is, but it's one that is remarkably easy to mitigate.  Mike declares it to the BOD and excuses himself from discussions that involve Shooters Connection.  Really easy and one I'm sure Mike would do in a heartbeat.  

• ncav8tor, subQ, GuanoLoco and 3 others like this

#46 dravz

dravz

84.75%

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

You guys might be interested to learn that we recorded a podcast last night regarding the presidential race. Here is the description of the show:
"We discuss the race for USPSA president with a large panel. Hopkins shits on Manny, Arik gets behind Suber, Tim is basically useless."

It drops in about a week.

WE REPORT. YOU EABOD.
  • Twinkie and subQ like this

#47 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Turtle targets will create the prize tables we haven't seen since the 90's

You then have no clue about the current attitude about guns in corporate America.

How many BIG TIME sponsors showed up for the idiotic Top Shot show?

None

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#48 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

I've interacted with Jack often. And still worry about the COI with Mike.
Jack is a true outsider and the fact that Taylor and Martens don't like him and HQ seems to like Mike says Mike isn't a viable candidate in my opinion.

I wonder why Troy is interfering with Jack? Also why Jake & Chris are all over this Jack bashing wagon? Did Kim compensate them for the help?
That's enough to make me vote for Jack to see what thats about.

Anyone want to show me where I have been on a Jack Bashing wagon?

I have met and spoke with Jack a few times, followed several of the threads on uspsa forums

I have not watched either of the podcast all the way through yet 

I think that Jack as several qualities that are needed to run this organization, however I disagree with some of his politics and I do not think that we need to start looking at changing rules, dropping divisions or trying to attract big money sponsors, that is not what is broken with this organization, and yeah I believe that there are several things that are broken, which is why I took the position to try and help it.

I think Mike has a better plan, it is as plain and simple as that.

Jack's plan to me sounds like a "big government" plan, and trying to partner with "big money" sponsors and "changing" what we are IMO is wrong. It doesn't do anything for what this organization is really about and that is the guy that goes to one or two different clubs matches  4-5 times a year, and the clubs that put on the matches.

IMO Mike's plan is more focused on bringing more benefits to the clubs and membership, fixing broken things first and holding not only the employees of uspsa more accountable, but also the BOD.

Manny is no better than what we have now, and maybe even worse

Paul has some good idea's, but he is not the right person.

We have two very good candidates between Mike and Jack and while I am an employee of USPSA, I am member and a competitor first, and I prefer Mike's plan over Jack's.

• Fourtrax, GuanoLoco and hardscoper_949 like this

#49 subQ

subQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

With Manny we get to shoot with the Sun burning holes in our retinas twice a day, every day of every Nationals, forever.

What's not to like?

• Ben and poopgiggle like this

#50 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

"One thing I don't understand with Jack is his supposed Business Experience and how it is so much more vast than that of Mike. I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that Jack's "vast amount of experience" is rooted in the Government sector. "

Government sector... dealing with non profit organizations.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#51 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

With Manny we get to shoot with the Sun burning holes in our retinas twice a day, every day of every Nationals, forever.

What's not to like?

They changed that.  Now you go stage 1 east side, stage 2 west side, stage 3 east side, stage 4 west side...

#52 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

They changed that.  Now you go stage 1 east side, stage 2 west side, stage 3 east side, stage 4 west side...

Have they also changed giving locals a warm up match with the same stages as the next major...allegedly.
  • Scott likes this

#53 TastesLikeChicken

TastesLikeChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

"One thing I don't understand with Jack is his supposed Business Experience and how it is so much more vast than that of Mike. I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that Jack's "vast amount of experience" is rooted in the Government sector. "

Government sector... dealing with non profit organizations.

I understand the connection.  I am more concerned with the track record of Government screwing everything up and spending twice as much money as need to in the process.

#54 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

I think the members of this forum will probably value the fact that Jack and Mike went on the show and answered questions.  Except for PostChucker who will vote for Paul due to production optics.

This.  Paul not doing the show is a big mistake, IMO.  I don't trust anyone that doesn't swear.  

Paul seems shady.

#55 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

Jack and his brother also have their other business running guns or something like that. I would have to listen to the podcast again to get the exact details. So he's more than a big Government guy.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#56 TastesLikeChicken

TastesLikeChicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

Jack and his brother also have their other business running guns or something like that. I would have to listen to the podcast again to get the exact details. So he's more than a big Government guy.

So... He is a Big Government guy that runs guns on the side.   Sounds shady!   ^_^

#57 leas327

leas327

Retarded SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationBendover, Illshowya

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

This.  Paul not doing the show is a big mistake, IMO.  I don't trust anyone that doesn't swear.  

Paul seems shady.

I would do the show and I swear like a sailor with turrets. I have good news for you Mr.(Sh)ItJustGotReal. I am a prince that has millions of dollars trapped in a account that is frozen from my access for the next 60 days. Please reply with your name, address and social security number honorable Mr.(Sh)ItJustGotReal and for your help I will make you rich.

#58 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Nichols Cage?  Lord of War?  Yes, I had to go there....

#59 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

I would do the show and I swear like a sailor with turrets. I have good news for you Mr.(Sh)ItJustGotReal. I am a prince that has millions of dollars trapped in a account that is frozen from my access for the next 60 days. Please reply with your name, address and social security number honorable Mr.(Sh)ItJustGotReal and for your help I will make you rich.

PM sent.

• Cranky Gunsmith likes this

#60 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

So... He is a Big Government guy that runs guns on the side.   Sounds shady!   ^_^

Sounds fast....and furious.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users