GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

8dyTIGO.png

I'm guessing he didn't like some joker overruling him either.

The MD smites back!

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#42 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

That's sounding up there like Mickey Fowlers barricade score at the 1999 Bianchi Cup.

Wow, now that's a obscure reference for this forum. Were you there?  

• Canuck223 likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#43 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

Who is AC?

Name I've heard is Don Comfort. Never met the guy.

#44 TMReich

TMReich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Oh Frank did rule against Gordon. That's when the Area Coordinator dialing by Gordon occurred. Put it this way, he's on the Tiger Team and has a relationship with him. #letsgetogether

That puts a different spin on what was originally implied.  I understand why they wouldn't want to be an IDPA sanctioned match next year.

• Cajun cracker likes this

#45 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

8dyTIGO.png

I'm guessing he didn't like some joker overruling him either.

Oh Frank did rule against Gordon. That's when the Area Coordinator dialing by Gordon occurred. Put it this way, he's on the Tiger Team and has a relationship with him. #letsgetogether

So if Frank Glover (Match Director and range owner that has been putting on IDPA matches for at least 15 years) was overruled by the Area Coordinator, who overruled the AC and gave the win back to Morgan Allen?

---------------------

Glover removing the IDPA sanction is starting to make sense.  (Though he doesn't have the balls, apparently, to un-sanction his monthly matches.  Might hurt his pocket book? I dunno.)

#46 BenB

BenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

who overruled the AC and gave the win back to Morgan Allen?

Gordon took home the trophy.

Results posted here show Gordon winning. 

#47 PupTown

PupTown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Gordon took home the trophy.

Results posted here show Gordon winning.

Ah, ok. I misread original post.

Shannon Smith thumped Gordon by a wide margin anyway.

#48 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Name I've heard is Don Comfort. Never met the guy.

He is listed as being at the match.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#49 sirveyr

sirveyr

Was the Rudy mole.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

It's too bad that Morgan is such a nice guy.  He will never bring this event up in public and will continue to roll along smiling, as he always does.  Others would have lost their shit on everyone involved.  

Let's not forget that Gordon not only screwed over the true ESP DC, but also a 16 year old girl out of her 1st place ESP trophy.  Think about the childrens, bruh!

• Samuel Adams and edub224 like this

Chet Martinez

I was here before post #112

#50 mknpwr

mknpwr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1435017302383.jpg   28.03KB   49 downloads
  • RockOutGLOCKOut likes this

#51 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

These stories are all about egos behaving like flesh eating bacteria. The entire lot.
Too bad for the folks who earned their trophy and had someone rip it.

#52 2Mike2NoShoot

2Mike2NoShoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHotlanta, GA

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:27 AM

Gordon is the biggest douchebag and I have seen him pull this bullshit before and he got a reshoot at TX State. Weak hand only stage with a reload and he said "I didn't know you could switch hands to complete the reload." He tried doing a reload using his right hand and fucked it all up.

Funny thing is that it only works on IDPA nut huggers. He's been trying USPSA but his girlfriend Randi Rogers keeps kicking his ass in production so his is trying to hide from her in limited now... HAHAHAHA!
  • sirveyr and Nimrod like this

#53 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:49 AM

"But Frank's match's are different, he dosent do the bullshit" they say, LOL Looks like it. Has anyone seen Frank cite a rule the shows where it's allowable to award a reshoot in this case? Because either the AC or Joyce? would have had to cite the rule for him. Why can't he pass that info on? 

• Nimrod likes this

"""MAGS ALONG SIDE OF THE BOX BOB!!!!!!!!"""

#54 TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

Grand Douchebag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

I am on the phone right now with Don Comfort the AC as I'm typing this. He stated unequivocally, no one called him on Saturday about this or anything else. Period. Had they done so, he would've sided with Frank per IDPA rules. 

Don says, having observ
ed the SO at the Cup, he was impressed with their professionalism. And would have given them his support.

There is an ongoing investigation to determine the facts. And hopefully will dispel rumors and make the facts known.

Both Don and IDPA as an organization, will strive to maintain the integrity of the sport to the highest measure.
Being a friend with Don, this didn't sound right. So I thought I'd get it straight from him, because of the way rumors get started. He's very disappointed about the entire affair. And is working on getting the facts straight and in the open.

For the record: I typed this per Fon Comfort as he is not on Facebook.

• Cajun cracker and stician like this

"""MAGS ALONG SIDE OF THE BOX BOB!!!!!!!!"""

#55 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:11 AM

Wow, now that's a obscure reference for this forum. Were you there?  

Yep. first and only time I was able to make it.

#56 JimS

JimS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

I am on the phone right now with Don Comfort the AC as I'm typing this. He stated unequivocally, no one called him on Saturday about this or anything else. Period. Had they done so, he would've sided with Frank per IDPA rules. 

Don says, having observ
ed the SO at the Cup, he was impressed with their professionalism. And would have given them his support.

There is an ongoing investigation to determine the facts. And hopefully will dispel rumors and make the facts known.

Both Don and IDPA as an organization, will strive to maintain the integrity of the sport to the highest measure.
Being a friend with Don, this didn't sound right. So I thought I'd get it straight from him, because of the way rumors get started. He's very disappointed about the entire affair. And is working on getting the facts straight and in the open.

For the record: I typed this per Fon Comfort as he is not on Facebook.

Does this mean the competitor snowed the SO into believing he had the AC on the phone and he had made the ruling?

:v:

#57 BOHICA

BOHICA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

Does this mean the competitor snowed the SO into believing he had the AC on the phone and he had made the ruling?

:v:

Sounds like it - name dropping to get a reshoot only works if the story never gets out. He's fucked now.
  • Cajun cracker likes this

#58 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

This is all so fucked up............

• ZachJ likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#59 JimS

JimS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Sounds like it - name dropping to get a reshoot only works if the story never gets out. He's fucked now.

If that's the case, he'll be a USPSA problem next year- spice up the podcast :ph34r:

#60 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

It's really pointless to apply the logic  gained from participations in USPA or other competitions to IDPA. It's a business, it is a vehicle for certain purposes, the big players are going to get their own way no matter what. Those players are well accustomed to having their own way, it's an aristocracy. They bring along some lackeys or well intentioned true believers that don't see the big picture. Those people don't get used, they are gone thru as an expendable resource. As a business  as an aristocracy,  money and position effects the rules and interpretation of them, friendships and business relationships will play a part in outcomes.

Even with all the fleas USPSA has, at least the problems effecting the unwashed masses can be fixed. It's a shame really, there is room for a "real world scenario based shooting competition focused more on the experience than the trophies". Yes that makes it much less of a competition but surely there is a way.  Whatever organization there will always be some problems, I guess you pick the problems that bother you the least and the format the suits you the most.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users