#21 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

That was sort of how I was thinking. I have to figure out what par time I can run and consistently not eat penalties. My primary concern is not dropping a ton of time penalties on the far targets on 5 to Glock. The math says that I can lose on those two targets alone.

The plate rack should be my best of the three.

Keep in mind that they can set up 5 to Glock pretty much anyway they want so long as it's 5 D-1 targets.  I found that out the hard way.  They have some alternate stage diagrams if you look around on the GSSF site.

#22 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

That is bullshit. I spent a ton of time making scaled dry fire targets and now I have to do layout for an additional 12 alternate courses? No fucking way.

Seriously though, thanks for that information. If nothing else it would have been a serious mind fuck to show up and find the stages weren't what I practiced.

#23 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

That is bullshit. I spent a ton of time making scaled dry fire targets and now I have to do layout for an additional 12 alternate courses? No fucking way.

Seriously though, thanks for that information. If nothing else it would have been a serious mind fuck to show up and find the stages weren't what I practiced.

lol how the hell do you shoot USPSA then?

GSSF= align sights on center of target.  pull trigger.  repeat.

#24 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:27 PM

lol how the hell do you shoot USPSA then?

GSSF= align sights on center of target.  pull trigger.  repeat.

Are you shooting at Dawsonville?  I eagerly await hearing about your triumph over Dover.  Freaking USPSA ringers.

#25 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

Keep in mind that they can set up 5 to Glock pretty much anyway they want so long as it's 5 D-1 targets. I found that out the hard way. They have some alternate stage diagrams if you look around on the GSSF site.

I usually hit three different GSSF matches and they typically use the same 5 to Glock setup year to year but each venue uses a different one than the other two.

Its still a practice of shooting fast and accurately, just with more of a emphasis on accuracy. Those that talk shit about it probably suck at it, or don't like Glocks.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#26 FYYFF

FYYFF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

If you are not a master in GSSF, any B class shooter has a chance to win some guns. The key is to shoot as fast as you can without missing at all. A small penalty will not kill you, but try to shoot it clean. Take a sight picture, get a seriously tight grip on the gun and just make sure you aren't jerking the trigger. I won 3 pistols my first time out. Dover will only win one of the master class guns. Don't bother with divisions where masters and non-masters compete head to head. 

#27 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

If you are not a master in GSSF, any B class shooter has a chance to win some guns. The key is to shoot as fast as you can without missing at all. A small penalty will not kill you, but try to shoot it clean. Take a sight picture, get a seriously tight grip on the gun and just make sure you aren't jerking the trigger. I won 3 pistols my first time out. Dover will only win one of the master class guns. Don't bother with divisions where masters and non-masters compete head to head.

You're never going to compete head to head... for some reason they list the results together for some divisions but the prizes are still awarded based on your finish as an amateur or master.

Even when you make master, it's still possible to win guns even if you don't win overall in the division. Masters are limited to winning one gun a match, so if you can hang close to the top, you'll still get them. Bryan and Grady were 1 and 2 in every division at the last match I shot, so the prizes go to the next guy in line in every other division.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#28 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

I think the Master Stock division is the only one where they don't have separate prizes for amateur and master.  I also think there has to be 10 masters in a division before they award a gun to a master.  It's very convoluted.  I will worry about all that after I win my three hunks of Glock Perfection and make master class.

#29 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

All of ya'll interested in GSSF should go register at GlockTalk.  The wisdom over there is profound.

#30 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Are you shooting at Dawsonville?  

indeed I am.

#31 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

This time last year I was a pretty shitty B-class shooter and finished at 61 seconds.  Less than a second away from a gun.

So that's pretty much accurate.

#32 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

Let me know if any of you guys are coming to Charleston in October.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#33 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

The best model to shoot is a 17, unless you are really good with a 26 and want to shoot an extra division.

Take the time to stop the gun, refine the sight picture, and take a nice trigger pull. Like a tenth or two more than you would if shooting the same target in USPSA. You must put your shots in the 0 ring. Some +1 ring hits are acceptable. +3 shots are not acceptable (outside the rings) and a single miss puts you out of the running. You also can't leave a plate up or make a procedural (e.g., Virginia Count style extra shot).

The match is won and lost on the far targets of 5 to Glock. Amateurs spazz out on the plates because they see Masters making sub-3 runs, but Masters are within a couple seconds of each other for the Plates aggregate, same as a few +1s or a +3 on another stage. Glock M is the speed stage.

Practice low ready to +0 ring in under a second, half-second transitions or better on most arrays. Like the man said, under 60 and you are in contention for a gun, even if sloppy seconds.

Sight picture, trigger pull, put it in the center.

• ZackJones and RockOutGLOCKOut like this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#34 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Well...unless you are a girl or small framed man; winning a gun in HM Amateur is pretty easy.  I did it twice by gripping the gun and shooting accurate...go figure.  I think in my first match I was 25 seconds from 2nd.

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#35 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Just learned a new thing about GSSF today.  They posted final results for the last match and I moved up a place in three different divisions.  Apparently a couple guys neglected to check the "Master" box on their applications.  I guess the staff looks them up while they are awarding prizes to see if they have qualified for the master division in GSSF anyways.  I wonder if they check USPSA classifications?  Kind of doubt it.

Won a pistol and $250.  Yay for me!

• Twinkie, Mr_White, Larry Costa and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users