84 replies to this topic

#81 Surfer

Surfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

Did you take it off the bench and take it all the way apart via remove the disassembly pin?

Can't image you couldn't get it running.

Yeah I pretty much tore it down to the bone several times to try different replacement parts. New arm that rotates the plate, new plate, new guides for main piston. Sometimes it would work for a 100 rounds or so and then start jamming again but in the end, same result.

I'm also a homeless bum at the moment so I don't even have a place to set it up or I'd get some pics for advice

#82 Surfer

Surfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

Thoughts on recent improvements I had while stuck in traffic:

I think the feeling of speed the last few times I've shot has come from two things.

1. Shooting my duty gun. Compact .40 with a 10lb trigger really drills home grip and trigger control. Coming back to the 34 felt like cheating to shoot and I think that helped with feeling comfortable ramping up the speed.

2. Taking a break and dropping expectations of performance. I think I subconsciously let go of being completely controlled. Previously I've always throttled back from where I "felt" fast thinking that always equals out of control. Perhaps not true in every situation.

This sudden change in feeling is great but surprising and I don't want to lose whatever I've did differently

#83 Surfer

Surfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

First sanctioned match at the club this week. Fun times and much to work on. Felt surprisingly smooth in a lot of ways considering lack of recent training. Lots of little areas to improve but only 1 mental fail and I mostly powered through it rather than stop and think about it.

To work on: 

Draw - new grip tape and lack of practice = bad juju

transitions - can always be better

stop tactical turtling

MOVE when your done at the position. much wasted time

Shot good points but don't make up C's like a dumbass

move faster between things

reload faster

aim better on steel. duh

Vid: 

#84 Surfer

Surfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

Notes from Silver bullet:

Good:

- much better stage planning/execution than usual. didn't change plans last minute for a "better" one

- shot my own match, not worried too much about results or others shooting. less pressure =  better result

- good hits

- transitions were good

- when mistakes happened, mostly got right back on plan and kept going. usually turn into a fail-fest at that point

Bad:

- go earlier, get solid stage plans, don't try to change them

- make sure said plan includes ALL the targets

- be more explosive/aggressive moving, less "leany"

- get low in positions, don't be a post

- learn to count to 10

- could probably push a bit faster up close

- faster splits

- time swingers better

- malfunctions suck.

- draws in shoot off could be faster

- don't pull off target to get moving, make sure its a hit even on an "easy" shot

- work on shooting around walls/obstacles more

- first stage of day 2 (stage 1) was jittery, didn't see my sights much and the hits weren't great

- reloads were ok but could be quicker. more practice on loading while moving, not just standing loads

#85 Surfer

Surfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

Posting again. Lots to work on from A2, didn't go great but ended up mid pack A class. Seeing some top guys go to work is impressive and watching Maxamundo crush PCC was epic. I'll put a video together later.

Dryfire reloads have been an everyday thing since A2, especially while moving between positions as it was a common issue for me. Just hit a groove today getting them right close to 1s, trying to stay relaxed minimize unnecessary tension and some goofy movement side to side that I was doing.

Also working on acquiring an Accushadow soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users