Photo

So is Hopkins a cheating bastard or what?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

You can't throw bombs like that in the middle of a show and not give us some meat. Has Hopkins been running illegal CZ secret sauce in his gear? For how long, to what extent, and does it affect my placement at any matches?

Oh, and new guy Kevin Kenny Keith: this week's performance is the definition of "trying too hard". You're funny when you don't. Be yourself.

#2 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Oh, and new guy Kevin: this week's performance is the definition of "trying too hard". You're funny when you don't. Be yourself.

Listen to this sage advice, Kenny.

#3 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Kenny, Kevin... whatever.

• ToddKS and Sweet T like this

#4 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

I thought it was Keith.  But yeah, one more performance like that should result in banishment from the show.  It was an interesting topic to me that was mostly ruined by doucheness.

• kmartphoto, yomamma and ZachJ like this

#5 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

I thought it was Keith. But yeah, one more performance like that should result in banishment from the show. It was an interesting topic to me that was mostly ruined by doucheness.

+1

#6 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Funny turned to dbag really fast.
  • kmartphoto and yomamma like this

#7 MNshooter

MNshooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis/St. Paul

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Aside from the attempt to cause controversy, which was stupid, I like when the bearded guy is on. He adds a little flair vs. saying "I agree" to all the topics.
  • kmartphoto likes this

#8 Moustache6

Moustache6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCONUS/OCONUS

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

If that Keith guys ends up on the show again, he should be required to wear a retard helmet

alimed-soft-shell-helmet-royal-blue-medi

**Edited to add**
Google search for "Neblis" aka Keith Martin shows the following:

Won $268 at $12500 Guaranteed NL Holdem on Oct 11th, 2006 (his largest/best poker tournament win according to the internet)

Perhaps he doesn't know what the the word famous actually means ?

#9 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Keith is a pretty cool guy. I shot with him at the AL sectional in 2014. He got DQ'd but hung out with the squad for the rest of the match.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#10 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

Funny turned to dbag really fast.

Escalated quickly for sure.  That fucker needs more shut the fuck up, and that nasty fucking beard trimmed. 

#11 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

I though his name was Queef?  Anyway, he made that fucking nut job Candy look good.  

#12 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

I want to know what Hopkins keeps looking at to his left? Is that where the kitchen is? Also trading Candice for his fat face doesn't seem like a good deal. The PPS is on a steep fail path.

• Nimrod likes this

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#13 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

Also trading Candice for his fat face doesn't seem like a good deal. 

In case nobody has told you this; there are pictures and videos of naked ladies on the internet.  You don't have to watch shooting videos to satisfy your filthy and prurient interests.

• subQ, GuruOfGuns and GuanoLoco like this

#14 kmartphoto

kmartphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

Escalated quickly for sure.  That fucker needs more shut the fuck up, and that nasty fucking beard trimmed. 

I agree. Sorry my scissors broke and the new pair just arrived.

• Ben likes this

#15 kmartphoto

kmartphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Everyone, 

I completely deserve your derision pile it on. My ability to stay on topic or even render a useful comment was nil, I have already spoken to Ben about the fact that I was all over the place and sounded like a complete idiot.  

As to anyone thinking I was questioning the integrity of Hopkins I wasn't. No one here or anywhere has the integrity of that guy, he's a super hero. I got lost in the generally conversational atmosphere of what we were discussing and asked an inappropriate question over an open mic. 

• ZachJ likes this

#16 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

I imagine Hopkins having a George Costanza like job at CZ.  Pics of the nappy time desk?

#17 kmartphoto

kmartphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

#18 kmartphoto

kmartphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

**Edited to add**
Google search for "Neblis" aka Keith Martin shows the following:

Won $268 at $12500 Guaranteed NL Holdem on Oct 11th, 2006 (his largest/best poker tournament win according to the internet)

Perhaps he doesn't know what the the word famous actually means ?

As with many things I said on that podcast that should have never come up. IIRC that would have been me coaching a friend after I finally got my bankroll back out of the whole Netteller/DOJ fiasco.

The only thing I can tell you is that the rankings at pocketfives must not cache right.  But yeah your right I was never "famous" I only had a top 30 in the world ranking for online tournament play. For WPT main events my best finishes were a 12th, 10th, 14th. 16th, and 20th. My best WSOP finish was 30th in a field of 950 after wining my entry 6 times via single tables. Online I only ever won the sunday $200 back to back weeks on UB and the Poker Stars Sunday 200 twice (with a few final tables thrown in for over 20k).  Tere ware a bunch more wins etc in there but its a generally unimportant period of my life that is now over (kinda like Tim H and autocross). I guess you could call up the Bellagio or something and ask for my win/loss if you want. I'll just take the house and cars I bought and move on to something else. 

ETA: once I go and do a search it looks like all of the big poker stat sites restructured right after the Neteller fiasco of late '05 (after which I moved to playing mostly B&M games again) and then they restructured again after Black Friday 2011. So the easily searchable records that once existed aren't there anymore as I assumed they would be. 

None of this excuses my drunken behavior but it's pretty easy to draw conclusions about a player from a google search, whether they are right or wrong is a different story...
1628y6u.png
jue4hv.png

Edited by kmartphoto, 14 July 2015 - 08:40 PM.

• Surfer likes this

#19 kmartphoto

kmartphoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

I want to know what Hopkins keeps looking at to his left? Is that where the kitchen is? Also trading Candice for his fat face doesn't seem like a good deal. The PPS is on a steep fail path.

you sir can eat a bag of dicks and then get back to trying to be 1/2 as good as Hopkins is. Yep he's huge, and yep he's better than you will ever dream of being, maybe learn from that instead of being a fuckhead.

• aceinyerface likes this

#20 wurm

wurm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

What the hell is wrong with you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users