Photo

Who you gonna vote for straw poll.

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Poll: Who you gonna vote for? (188 member(s) have cast votes)

If you voted today, who would you vote for?

1. Manny Bragg (8 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

2. Mike Foley (133 votes [70.74%])

Percentage of vote: 70.74%

3. Jack Suber (42 votes [22.34%])

Percentage of vote: 22.34%

4. Paul Hyland (5 votes [2.66%])

Percentage of vote: 2.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ben

Ben

MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

Podcasts with each serious candidate have been done. I am wondering what you guys are thinking right now... who you gonna vote for?

Did Manny pick up some votes after doing a podcast?

Has Foley or Suber gained a clear advantage at this point?

Do you guys want some sort of follow up podcast in the next few days? Maybe some sort of debate? (That part doesn't seem that interesting to me, it doesn't seem like the guys disagree about a whole lot)

• EdwardOt likes this

#2 Trevor Reese

Trevor Reese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

Manny lost my vote after saying he wanted shooters to be members in order to shoot a club match. 

• Tank likes this

#3 msc

msc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

Manny is a good guy but I think Mike is better suited for the job at hand.

#4 fivebyfive

fivebyfive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

I only see two serious candidates, Mike and Jack. I think Manny had a better shot when he was MIA. I'm pulling for Mike; his plans seem more grounded. I think Jack is focused on things that aren't likely to happen and are not our immediate issues. It also feels like Mike has the momentum at this point.

Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun. I call it Vera.

#5 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

Just voted and it looks like Mike is way ahead in the informal poll. 75.61% at this point. I'm still voting for Jack. If Jack wasn't running I'd vote for Mike for sure.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#6 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

Leaning towards Mike but Jack is a close second. Not feeling it with Manny.

Given that there are only maybe 12-13 Doodies, what are we going to do to get out the word at a local level?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#7 aceinyerface

aceinyerface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

I could go for Jack or Mike equally, I picked Mike just because he seems to be outpacing Jack by some bit and I'd like to avoid splitting the Jack/Mike vote and get Hyland or Manny instead.

#8 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Now I understand why Manny was silent for so long. He really didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. Booths at Area matches, only members can shoot, kids and women are better looking..... His publicist be like

4C9D7702-D083-4374-B739-C9AD54C7F498_zps

#9 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

Leaning towards Mike but Jack is a close second. Not feeling it with Manny.

Given that there are only maybe 12-13 Doodies, what are we going to do to get out the word at a local level?

Can't speak for you, but I got a flyer pamphlet emailed from both Jack and Mike. Made copies and distributed among locals

#10 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

I don't. Can you amke available?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#11 Suber

Suber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

Ping me your email address.   I'll send it to you.  Thanks!

• subQ likes this

#12 Mike Foley

Mike Foley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

Send me your email address, and I will send you a PDF file that you can distribute however you like.  Thanks.

• subQ likes this

#13 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

Manny is still a distant third behind Mike and Jack for me.

I think Mike comes off as a little more charismatic and therefore more likely to get the BOD united in driving a unified vision.

Jack is a close second.

#14 Suber

Suber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

I attached the flyer here.  I put it together prior to my retirement in April.  I would add that because of my professional experience (starting, financing and auditing non-profits), I have been asked to serve and have served on various non-profit boards (conservation, autism, housing development).  These are not merely clubs, but non-profits with multi-million dollar budgets and salaried staff.  

I am retired.  I am not looking for a new career.  I do want to fix the problems with USPSA.  Thanks!

Attached Files

#15 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Mike or Jack.   I like them both.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#16 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Manny lost my vote after saying he wanted shooters to be members in order to shoot a club match. 

Why?  Fuck those free loaders.  

#17 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Why? Fuck those free loaders.

Yeah God forbid you let someone get their feet wet without diving in. Shit we should have a run what you brung division for new shooters - only qualify for it if you're not a member. Call it asshole open. Charge an extra $5 or $10 per non-members as an incentive to join - shit that way I could convince my wife that paying dues is a good deal. You know women - look at all the money I saved by buying a membership to this expensive hobby - they don't hear anything past saved money by spending money.

#18 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Yeah God forbid you let someone get their feet wet without diving in. Shit we should have a run what you brung division for new shooters - only qualify for it if you're not a member. Call it asshole open. Charge an extra $5 or $10 per non-members as an incentive to join - shit that way I could convince my wife that paying dues is a good deal. You know women - look at all the money I saved by buying a membership to this expensive hobby - they don't hear anything past saved money by spending money.

How long do you need to get your feet wet?  More than 1 match?  10 matches?  Some people only shoot 4-6 matches a year.  

They should have to get a membership after their first match if they want to keep shooting.  

We have 100+ shooters at our local match EVERY month.  I see the same fools shooting every month that aren't ever going to pay for a membership.

#19 effbomb

effbomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

I voted for Suber in the first straw poll, but I changed my vote for this one. I like the how Mike has been communicating and what he's been saying. 

#20 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

How long do you need to get your feet wet? More than 1 match? 10 matches? Some people only shoot 4-6 matches a year.

They should have to get a membership after their first match if they want to keep shooting.

We have 100+ shooters at our local match EVERY month. I see the same fools shooting every month that aren't ever going to pay for a membership.

So what? Surcharge them $5 or $10 / match. Let's say the same non-members shoots 4 matches every year. At $5/ match, that's $20 / year to the org. That's almost the cost of an associate membership, and there's no HQ overhead for that fee, so it's as good as a membership since I'm guessing it costs more than $5 in admin cost to renew a member.

Also, who's fault is it that whoever runs the match sucks at economics? If a match sells out in 2 hours, it's underpriced. Period. That's a strong market signal. A rational market would respond by raising costs until the match sells out with the last walk up entry, and if it makes enough money for a range, other ranges would think "shit, I want me some of that USPSA money" and start a slightly cheaper match, or offer a different schedule.

Instead, the Fudds see guys walking around with holstered guns, shooting fast, and even worse, running with loaded guns and say "fuck, that ain't worth $5 a shooter, that's dangerous cause that ain't how we used to do it hunting rats at the crick when I was growin up."

TLDR: people respond to economic incentives. Give them one to join.
  • Buck Turgidson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users