Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

1911 (a real mans pistol)

Real men carry 357 Magnums, preferably 3.5" S&W Model 27s.  1911s are for sissies.

Jelly Bryce > Jeff Cooper

• Miculek is a Noob likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#22 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

Sgt York FTMFW.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#23 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Sgt York FTMFW.

He killed most of his with a fucking rifle.  Lame.

Jelly Bryce was a certified USDA prime badass motherfucker who wasted lots of shitbags up close and personal.  And so was Bill Jordan.  Both of them said "fuck the 1911, give me a Magnum".

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

#24 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

BTW, I had one jacket separation on a relatively close target. Precision Delta 147 RN. I'm sure I didn't hit a prop before the target. WTF? I blame Glock perfection.

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#25 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

I find it amazing the Glock Perfection needs so much aftermarket support

#26 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

He killed most of his with a fucking rifle.  Lame.

Jelly Bryce was a certified USDA prime badass motherfucker who wasted lots of shitbags up close and personal.  And so was Bill Jordan.  Both of them said "fuck the 1911, give me a Magnum".

I met Bill Jordan, he didn't shoot a 1911 because his finger was too big for the trigger guard. I never met Jelly but did talk with a couple of people who did know him well, he was good. Fuck You.

#27 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

I met Bill Jordan, he didn't shoot a 1911 because his finger was too big for the trigger guard.

How did he shoot one in the Marines then?

#28 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

How did he shoot one in the Marines then?

O3.

#29 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

O3.

LULWUT?

ALL Marine officers have to qualify with rifle and pistol

#30 barry owens

barry owens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Was wondering the same? WTF? Captain hater or what?? Anyways, Charles Askins, if we are throwing out old fucks.

Full Retard Custom Guns

M-m-m-making shooters h-h-h-happy, since 2012.......no refunds.

WARNING!!!!! My posts contain no actual shooting value.

#31 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

None of the old fucks trusted auto pistols and with good reason, what they had available was either underpowered or unreliable, worn out or all three. 

#32 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Buck you won't enjoy this true story about your hero.

Bill Jordan Accidental Shooting
Hello I am here to tell you that the story of Bill Jordan accidentally shooting a fellow Border Patrol officer is true. That man was my father, John A. Rector.
I was 13 years old and in the 8th grade, and that has been some 55 years ago, but my memory is very clear. According to the Coroner's inquest, this is the way it happened: Bill Jordan was showing a pistol, a 357 Magnum, to another man. They were in Bill's office at the headquarters of the San Diego Sector in San Ysidro, CA. The gun was unloaded initially, and Bill was demonstrating how he drew and fired. He then reloaded the gun and put it into a desk drawer.
The conversation continued, and forgetting he had loaded the gun he took it out of the drawer, aimed it at the wall and fired. My father was sitting at his desk on the other side of that wall. The bullet went through the wall and hit him in the head. He died about 3 hours later. There was no wrongful death suit, or anything like that. Bill was so upset that he had to be taken home under sedation and the next day I remember he and his wife coming to our house, and he sobbed as he told us how sorry he was. He and my Dad were friends.
I have often given my story as an example of how ANYONE can have an accident with a gun, no matter how expert you are with them. 
My Dad did not see me complete my education, he was not there to walk me down the aisle when I married, nor did he see me graduate from college. He never knew that I had a successful career. I don't hate Bill Jordan, nor bear him any ill will. I expect he is gone from this earth now too. 
I just wanted to set the record straight for those of you in this forum and elsewhere who think this might have been a false story.

#33 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

Buck you won't enjoy this true story about your hero.

Bill Jordan Accidental Shooting
Hello I am here to tell you that the story of Bill Jordan accidentally shooting a fellow Border Patrol officer is true. That man was my father, John A. Rector.
I was 13 years old and in the 8th grade, and that has been some 55 years ago, but my memory is very clear. According to the Coroner's inquest, this is the way it happened: Bill Jordan was showing a pistol, a 357 Magnum, to another man. They were in Bill's office at the headquarters of the San Diego Sector in San Ysidro, CA. The gun was unloaded initially, and Bill was demonstrating how he drew and fired. He then reloaded the gun and put it into a desk drawer.
The conversation continued, and forgetting he had loaded the gun he took it out of the drawer, aimed it at the wall and fired. My father was sitting at his desk on the other side of that wall. The bullet went through the wall and hit him in the head. He died about 3 hours later. There was no wrongful death suit, or anything like that. Bill was so upset that he had to be taken home under sedation and the next day I remember he and his wife coming to our house, and he sobbed as he told us how sorry he was. He and my Dad were friends.
I have often given my story as an example of how ANYONE can have an accident with a gun, no matter how expert you are with them. 
My Dad did not see me complete my education, he was not there to walk me down the aisle when I married, nor did he see me graduate from college. He never knew that I had a successful career. I don't hate Bill Jordan, nor bear him any ill will. I expect he is gone from this earth now too. 
I just wanted to set the record straight for those of you in this forum and elsewhere who think this might have been a false story.

A) TLDR DGAF

B) What does that have to do with anything or the price of tea in China?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock perfection, Production Master

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users