#1 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

Generation X Heterosexual

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

GSSF at Richmond, California with a Glock 17 (stock except minus connector and Heinie sights) in Master Stock.

My math says it's 48 before the 2 +1s (ha, that's +2 seconds!), for a 50 and change. Should put me in contention for the win among some stiff competition (John B., Brad E., Logan F., Rich W.). (Edit to add: Make that, should put me in contention to pick up 2nd or 3rd place scraps if I'm lucky.)

I also had a decent run in Heavy Metal (+6) but I screwed the pooch on everything else with +3 hits.

Edited by Yard Sale, 24 August 2015 - 10:14 AM.

• &-&, AshleySa and MennithVox like this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#2 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

D's are the debbil

• Mr_White likes this

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#3 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

Competition division with the same G17

Team F.T.P.

#4 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Looks like Heavy Metal worked out for you. #gssfgetpaid

#5 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:03 AM

Where do you get the GSSF results?

#6 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

Gssfonline.Com

#7 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

I liked that 2.6 plate rack run.

#8 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

Shot 5 divisions, finished 1, 2, 3, 4, 7. Didn't break 50 and only went over 60 in Subcompact.

In before Miculek is a Noob offers me $20 for my certificate.

Congrats to Brad for kicking ass again. He said he didn't practice and picked up his parents' home defense pistol from their nightstand. (I need to find my picture of us in our "No Archery--I'm a Fucking IPSC Grandmaster" shirts, I'd get a shit ton of Doodie likes, maybe a warning point.)

• Twinkie and MEISTERB like this

Team F.T.P.

#9 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Nice. I'm only going to shoot one more for the year, hope to get 3 or 4 next year and go after a matchmiester.

#10 jayohee

jayohee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

That was my first GSSF match both as a shooter and an RO. It's a completely different mindset from USPSA. It was great bringing out the old G34 though

#11 Jakesy

Jakesy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:16 AM

That was my first GSSF match both as a shooter and an RO. It's a completely different mindset from USPSA. It was great bringing out the old G34 though

Having never shot a GSSF match, what's the biggest difference? 

#12 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

It's freaking boring! Uspsa is run and gun, reload quickly, squad mates move stage to stage together. Gssf is stand and shoot, kind of lone wolf, no squads, just go stage tiki stage whenever. No reloading at speed

#13 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

The title of this thread sums it up.

#14 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Now that they changed the prize distribution in Unlimited, it is less about getting paid, unfortunately.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#15 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

Now that they changed the prize distribution in Unlimited, it is less about getting paid, unfortunately.

How did they change it other than having Master and Amateur categories?  Or, how did adding amateur prizes to Unlimited hurt your winnings?

#16 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

How did they change it other than having Master and Amateur categories?  Or, how did adding amateur prizes to Unlimited hurt your winnings?

I shoot my stock G34 in Unlimited. Sometimes I can win it, but most times I end up 2nd in that Division.

When it was Amateurs and Masters heads up, there were always enough people for a 1st/2nd/3rd place prize. I've always won my one and only gun award in another division. So whether I got 1st or 2nd in Unlimited, it was generally good for the highest non-gun award ($100.) Pretty reliable equation for me.

Now Amateurs and Masters are awarded prizes separately, and there are less than 10 Masters in Unlimited at the GSSF matches I attend. So the prize is $100, but it only goes to 1st place. Not a very good bet for me. I can and do win that Division sometimes, but most of the time Chuck gets me with his Open Glock. So no 2nd place prize, nothing. If there were 10 or more Masters, the prize would be a gun, but I would still get nothing because I have already won a gun in another Division. So I need like 15 + Masters to make it a good bet on the 2nd place $100 prize, and there are nowhere near 15 of them.

A couple months ago, I didn't realize they changed it and contacted GSSF after the match I shot in June, telling them I thought they assigned the prizes wrong. They corrected me and suggested that I talk more Master shooters into shooting Unlimited. I doubt I could convince them. More likely, I will stop shooting Unlimited because it will usually amount to throwing away $25 and 100 rounds. If I can get under 40 seconds reliably, it would be more worth it, but I have been in the mid-40s this year and need to step up my shooting.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#17 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

I'm going to shoot my first GSSF match next month. What kind of tips can you guys pass on?
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#18 ToddKS

ToddKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • LocationGetting killed in the streets

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

My experience from earlier this year: Set the stages up and practice. Use the NRA targets. You need to know what an A/B hit sight picture looks like when you can't see the perf. Figure out what pace you can shoot and not shoot Charlies and Deltas. Deltas are particularly bad. Match mode pace. Don't shoot Deltas. If you are shooting 3 or more divisions and they have express lanes, use them. Make sure you have enough mags to use the express lanes. (My biggest regret from this year was not doing this. Probably cost me a gun). Shoot the division you are likely to worst in first (warm up run). Shoot heavy metal and do gooder.

#19 JimmyO

JimmyO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

Shoot the plates last.
  • Mr_White and ToddKS like this

#20 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

I'm going to shoot my first GSSF match next month. What kind of tips can you guys pass on?

Buy the NRA D1 targets and set up the stages. Practice with the idea that D's are never acceptable.

I like to concentrate on the transitions around the 15/20/25 yard targets, but the closer ones are as important.

Dry and live fire your low ready start.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GSSF, Glock Perfection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users