#41 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Locationbottom of the results sheet

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

I just shot 5 divisions at Yolo and got all 5 under 60 in the rain with bagged targets. I should have re-read this thread first because I was stupid and brought my Unlimited gun. (58.57). Does any GSSF amateur want to buy it? Trade for G29?

I cleaned Subcompact, no penalty hits, but I took my time doing it, for 54.88. That's still pretty good in Subcompact and may snag a certificate from somebody who did better but also won Master Stock or something.

I cleaned Glock M in Heavy Metal but shit the bed on 5 to Go for 59.68.

My best was Competition, 4 seconds added for 53.03.

Video is rendering, I know you guys are on the edge of your seats for first person GSSF video.

• Mr_White likes this

Team F.T.P.

our guns are lubricated with the tears of crooked cops

#42 AEuropa

AEuropa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:53 PM

Do Bryan Dover or Mike Ross shoot in any other disciplines? Or are they the ultimate hiders in the competitive firearms community?

Alex

A69778

#43 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:16 AM

From speaking to Mike, I think he shots some IDPA, or used to at least. Dover I believe shoots some USPSA

#44 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:47 AM

Video is rendering, I know you guys are on the edge of your seats for first person GSSF video.

Lol I like watching my own just to see but I didn't even bother filming the last one.

Good job on the match, four in the 50's is damn respectable.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#45 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

Good job Yard Sale
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#46 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

I'll post up the results from my last match. First of all I'm an amateur who forgot to read this thread and the part about hitting the center of the target that Gabe was stressing

First of all unlimited with my limited g35 get

52G- 11.77 seconds
GLK'M-10.87 seconds
Plates- 17 flat

Total 39.64 seconds... But a total of 39 seconds in penalties brings it to 78.64 seconds. 27 of those penalties was on 52G, the other 12 on G'M. Plates were clean. Three runs in low 3's but one run was in 6's.

Other division I shot was with my 30S and that was major sub
52G-6.62+11
G'M-13.37+11
PLATES-32.44+ 70

TOTAL OF 52.43+92= a horrendous total of 144.43. My only goal was to shoot the plates clean, well that didn't happen. Left 7 standing on first three runs and finally. cleaned it on last run. I shot G'M and the plates with my 30S but shot 52G with my buddies 30. His gun is messed up and has the best trigger I have ever felt on a glock. No one including several armorers have been able to figure out why his stock trigger is so good. First two runs on 52G were mid to low 2 second runs. Last run my buddy said he thought I could go sub 2 seconds and ran it in 1.73. My stage tone beat Brian Dover by around 3 seconds, but those damn penalties killed me.

After seeing a couple friends shot amateur and win guns, I can see the pace needed to win. I need to quit thinking speed and go for accuracy. Transition speed from practice will take care of the time.

#47 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:05 PM

52G- 11.77 seconds
GLK'M-10.87 seconds
Plates- 17 flat

Total 39.64 seconds... But a total of 39 seconds in penalties brings it to 78.64 seconds. 27 of those penalties was on 52G, the other 12 on G'M. Plates were clean. Three runs in low 3's but one run was in 6's.

Wow. That's a great plate rack time for an Amateur. The paper stage times are ridiculously fast, even for a Master. But you had 39 penalty seconds added, so ... yeah. My splits slow down to almost a full second on the farther 5 to Go targets and my transitions would be very slow too if the targets weren't so close together. If this were USPSA I would be shooting twice as fast, or faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaWs9pyhp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vcKfVYPE1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obQulCkbrww

I can't focus on the front sight any more, so I've always got what used to be my 7-10 yard sight focus. It can work out to 25y but it takes more time to "read" the sights. My left eye is still OK, so I tried practicing with that. Nope, not gonna happen.

Team F.T.P.

#48 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Results are up, I won Subcompact by a few tenths of a second.

The Competition winner shot a 36.53. That is not a typo.

Team F.T.P.

#49 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

That's crazy, he shot it clean too.  Do you think that is a good number?  They have jacked my score up a few times.

#50 Sweet T

Sweet T

Glock Master Race

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

Results are up, I won Subcompact by a few tenths of a second.

I'm racking my brain to see how that is even possible.

#51 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

I just looked back at the gunny match scores and Dover had a raw time in unlimited of 34.86 and then add 4 seconds of penalties.  I guess the dude at Yolo just let it rip and managed to keep them all in.

#52 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

I'm racking my brain to see how that is even possible.

It's easy bro, all you gotta do is call out a time exactly two seconds faster than what your timer says and don't show it to the score keeper  :ph34r:

#53 V2plus25

V2plus25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone know if I'd be able to use longer G22 mags shooting my G23, or would I HAVE to use the shorter G23 mags (or G17 mags while shooting the G19)?  After reading the rules, I still can't find the answer.  What is funny is they don't mind a polymer magwell on the gun since there are no timed reloads, but extended slide stops are prohibited except in Unlimited.  Go figure.

#54 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

I know I saw multiple people use glock 17 mags with the glock 26 so I doubt is an issue

#55 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

Does anyone know if I'd be able to use longer G22 mags shooting my G23, or would I HAVE to use the shorter G23 mags (or G17 mags while shooting the G19)?  After reading the rules, I still can't find the answer.  What is funny is they don't mind a polymer magwell on the gun since there are no timed reloads, but extended slide stops are prohibited except in Unlimited.  Go figure.

Unless they changed it, yes you can use longer mags.

I thought you could use OEM extended slide stops in any division too - did that get changed?

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

#56 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

I thought you could use OEM extended slide stops in any division too - did that get changed?

You can, I double checked the new rule book this morning. I was surprised that a polymer or aluminum magwell is legal.  They did make some changes in the 2015 rulebook and that may be one of them.

#57 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

Yeah I just went and looked too.

Factory OEM components are still legal, including extended slide stop levers.

#58 Yard Sale

Yard Sale

OK, boomer.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

The dude who shot 36 is legit. He has shot the plate rack in 8s and 9s, and often does 10s and 11s, that's for all four runs.

Team F.T.P.

#59 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

Best I've done is 42-something. 36 is pretty much a top of the heap score nationally.

#60 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

You just stand there and shoot?  Seems boring.  How many people gonna want to do that?

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GSSF, Glock Perfection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users