LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

Bruce

I like that you think it will be fairly easy. I suspect it will get started sometime in January. :)

I take it (not just addressed to Bruce) no one cares to answer my question on whether Kim has done the budget. And... this is far different from having a budget on a future meeting agenda.

#42 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

Ain't nobody got time for all that!

It's clear nobody's got time to figure it out from scratch even the first time in most cases...

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#43 Sprewell

Sprewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationBanned

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

I have a written down process and checklist for getting myself to a match.  Saves a lot of time.

#44 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

no one cares to answer my question

Your original question?  "Have budgets been done on time?"

I don't think we need anyone "in authority" to answer that.  The bylaws lay out the deadline (March 31st) for submitting the budget to the Board.  Section 7.5, IIRC.  I can't find any place in the minutes where the Board has waived or extended that deadline this year.  So the answer would appear to be "no".

<posted as an individual member of USPSA and speaking only for myself... because I seem to get in trouble lately when people mistake my posts for "Official Board Statements">

• LeadChucker and Can like this

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#45 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Let's check participation Fuktard!

UNLESS you're talking about people shooting Production guns with dots in Open (you know, to justify a new division), then participation DOESN'T matter. Gotcha buddy!

#46 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

I shot matches last winter in Open with minor scoring. My wife has been shooting Open Minor since she joined in March of this year, so yes I've been doing it.

I shot production in the spring major matches I attended using prescription glasses. Is that ok for you?

#47 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

So you two shooting it means we need a new division, but somehow that fact that 30 people are shooting L10 in a ban state a thousand miles away from you is ruining the sport.

#48 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

So you two shooting it means we need a new division, but somehow that fact that 30 people are shooting L10 in a ban state a thousand miles away from you is ruining the sport.

I think a reasonable person would give it time before judging successful or not. Certainly L-10 has had some time. CO is less than 2 weeks old. But then maybe you're not reasonable, who knows

#49 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Anyone know why Dave Sevigny isn't associated with the Pro-Am? He and Brooke put on one hell of a match last year.

Not to be confused with ZachJ

#50 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Your original question? "Have budgets been done on time?"

I don't think we need anyone "in authority" to answer that. The bylaws lay out the deadline (March 31st) for submitting the budget to the Board. Section 7.5, IIRC. I can't find any place in the minutes where the Board has waived or extended that deadline this year. So the answer would appear to be "no".

<posted as an individual member of USPSA and speaking only for myself... because I seem to get in trouble lately when people mistake my posts for "Official Board Statements">

Has that date always been March 31? Or was it changed in January this year at the BOD meeting in Vegas. A review of the minutes for the last couple years should be able to show when the budget was approved by the BOD each year.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this. I believe Kim's first budget came in May/June 2013. But she had just started in January that year so expecting her to come up with a budget in 4 weeks is ridiculous. Four months? The following year I "think" it was on time. No guarantees though. This year we are way behind.

#51 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

Double tap

#52 Chuck Anderson

Chuck Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

Bruce, (and I'm asking this only because I was likely referred as one of "two Ken's guys" that Phil wanted to be "hit by a bus" in this podcast, even so a) I'm not a Ken's guy and B) I know at least 5 or 6 people who are working on various PS stuff).

So, was issue with scores from PS not being posted to USPSA site been discussed at the BoD and what was the course of action decided on that?

I didn't think Phil wanted you to get hit by a bus.  I think he's concerned that if you do, and Russell, and Ken, all at the same time that PS will just vanish into nothingness and we'll all be lost.  

To be honest, I don't really understand the whole posting of scores on USPSA.org thing.  Part of that is because I shoot in a Section that for years never posted to USPSA.org.  Even before PS existed.  We had a Section website that all the scores could be found on.  Occasionally an MD would submit to USPSA.org but that wasn't the norm.  Not to say classifiers were submitted, they were, on time.  But the full match results were just hosted on our website.  There even a new website they are using now for scores that has some really cool functionality.  I do believe a few of the MD's are submitting to USPSA in addition to that new website, but I'm not sure.  Because I don't need to go to USPSA.org to see my scores.  I think the bigger concern that's being overlooked by USPSA making it so clubs want to submit their scores to USPSA.org and members want to go there to look at them.  Trying to mandate that doesn't seem to work.  Kind of like it didn't work when USPSA told folks to join SCSA.  People asked why and there wasn't an answer.  Why should my club post to USPSA.org.  What benefit does the club or membership receive for doing so?  I'm not asking for a free toaster with every upload.  But make the format usable for members.  Make it the easiest way for them to see and view their results.  Hopefully that's coming with the next web project.  I don't know.  But making the upload of results to USPSA.org more desirable than just uploading to PS seems a better way to go about things that just bitching about PS.  

That said, I completely agree with Phil.  I hate looking up results on PS.  It's a pain in the ass.  Even with the search function you have to try and guess what the match, club, whatever was named.  Some are obvious, and not too bad.  Others not so much.  There's no match/club naming standard that goes into PS.  Each MD just picks what he wants.  And there are so many freaking clubs using it now.  I would love to see PS divided up a bit like the USPSA.org website when it comes to displaying results.  Have a drop down by sport and match size.  I want to look up local Cowboy matches, bam, there's the list.  Major 3 Gun, there's the list.  

#53 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

I searched one weekend for a local match on practiscore for every combination I could think of of the clubs' name, the date, the region, the city. Everything.

Later, someone told me it was titled "just for fun".

What the everluving fuck.

That's the match director's fault, but practiscore could easily fix it by making them report as a unique identity that would be easily found with search terms.
  • Rob McD likes this

#54 euxx

euxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

I didn't think Phil wanted you to get hit by a bus. I think he's concerned that if you do, and Russell, and Ken, all at the same time that PS will just vanish into nothingness and we'll all be lost.

He didn't say he wanted it, but he can be thinking if we did hit, that would eliminate whole PS issue.

Anyways, I wasn't the first one working on Android and Russ is not the first one on iOS side of things. So, we are both not irreplaceable.

And I do agree about your web site points...

#55 LeadChucker

LeadChucker

CO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • LocationHC, Utah

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

It seems like a results "post to practiscore.com" button could post to both PS and USPS.org

Would this be difficult assuming we have a different attitude at HQ?

#56 bgary

bgary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Has that date always been March 31? Or was it changed in January this year

Yes, it was changed in January of this year.

Before that, the deadline for submitting the budget was February 1st, IIRC.

Disclaimer: I post here as an individual member of USPSA, and speak only for myself...

#57 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

The issue isn't tools. We have plenty of tools. It isn't even process, IMO. What we lack (Bruce's Opinion) is a corporate culture that revolves around actual, constructive engagement with our "customers" - the clubs and members of the org. I personally believe that how we interact with our clubs and members is an indicator of how we view their place in our priority stack. If we truly believed that our clubs and members are the most important asset we have... it would show in the way we engage and communicate and deliver services. On everything, from strategic decisions through routine meeting report-outs to broad-scale marketing research (polling, etc).

This, fucking this, this, this!

Nothing comes to the club or individual level. Not "this is what we're doing", not "what do you need", not fucking anything.

Is my extreme pisseration at HQ showing?

FUCK!
Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#58 euxx

euxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

It seems like a results "post to practiscore.com" button could post to both PS and USPS.org

Would this be difficult assuming we have a different attitude at HQ?

I tell you more. Nothing really stops USPSA HQ from grabbing these results right now. But someone will have to code all that on their side.

Because Ken didn't see that happening and he also didn't want to use ezws anymore, so Russ added into the iOS app exporting of the the ezws activity report file (or whatever the name they are using for it) that been used for years to post results to USPSA web site and as far as I know, USPSA still wanted MDs to use the web site to manually post that file.

#59 Miculek is a Noob

Miculek is a Noob

V.C.R.O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

I didn't think Phil wanted you to get hit by a bus.  I think he's concerned that if you do, and Russell, and Ken, all at the same time that PS will just vanish into nothingness and we'll all be lost.  

To be honest, I don't really understand the whole posting of scores on USPSA.org thing.  Part of that is because I shoot in a Section that for years never posted to USPSA.org.  Even before PS existed.  We had a Section website that all the scores could be found on.  Occasionally an MD would submit to USPSA.org but that wasn't the norm.  Not to say classifiers were submitted, they were, on time.  But the full match results were just hosted on our website.  There even a new website they are using now for scores that has some really cool functionality.  I do believe a few of the MD's are submitting to USPSA in addition to that new website, but I'm not sure.  Because I don't need to go to USPSA.org to see my scores.

I'd be annoyed if a match I attended didn't get posted to USPSA.org, because that site is the one-stop-shop of the folly and futility that has been my entire shooting career. I like being able to see every shitty match I've ever shot all in one place, I don't want to remember to Google my way over to Angry Chuck's Shitty Section website to remember how badly I got trounced by the High D class Junior Lady two summers ago. Plus I get an e-mail when the results are posted, and also when any corrections are posted days later.

It takes all of 25 seconds to save the results file and upload it to the club support page. Come on, people.

• Rob McD, ny32182, pmt and 1 other like this

#60 euxx

euxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

The funny thing is that iOS has no files (as by Apple design) and Android PS app don't have exports of those files. All that mainly because as far as I can tell USPSA HQ, DNROI and President doesn't care...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users