Photo

Straw that broke the Classification's System back?

• Please log in to reply
805 replies to this topic

#81 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

Sure, that members that do this can't compete at a level reflecting their paper GM status is obvious. So, why do they do it? What's the point of having a GM card in your pocket when you're not GM at shooting matches?

#82 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationColumbia Zoo, SC

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Frankly I don't give a shit who it was.  It is insulting to the very core of this sport and pisses me off.

It also explains why recently our squad was finishing up on the classifier as the last group of the day.  The targets were reaching end of life and said individual barged in and told us we should pull and replaced targets.

This is bullshit and has no place in this sport.  Get lost.

#83 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

What's the point of having a GM card in your pocket

duh. to get chicks.

• dsa likes this

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#84 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

I suppose the card is its own reward apart from match performance and bell curving some will do much better in matches than classifiers show and some will classify much better than matches would indicate. To me the system rules should encourage coorelation and allowing multiple reshoots goes against that objective.

On injured reserve.

#85 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

I'd like to see the classification and most recent major match placings of all the douches shitting on Candice right about now........because if you're going to shit on someone for grandbagging you better be bringing some heat of your own

Why? I keep whining about Obama and my wife, though I've never been the president or female.

• skittles likes this

#86 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

One theory would suggest that the reshoots were pre-registered but not needed. I'd say that was a legit cold run so there's some good happening there.

More likely that the stats guy knew the hit factor was lower than the one already scored, so didn't enter them. That is pretty common at a couple clubs locally.

Actually, that match had 2 classifiers and the zero scores are reshoots on the other classifier.

#87 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

More likely that the stats guy knew the hit factor was lower than the one already scored, so didn't enter them. That is pretty common at a couple clubs locally.

I would agree if there were only 1 extra. 4 makes me think otherwise.

#88 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

duh. to get chicks.

That is really fucking funny.

• slemmo and Sundevil827 like this

#89 foofighter

foofighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

One theory would suggest that the reshoots were pre-registered but not needed. I'd say that was a legit cold run so there's some good happening there. 

Or hero or zero and they didnt really bother to score it properly if zero.

#90 not that bryan

not that bryan

Fuckstick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

I would agree if there were only 1 extra. 4 makes me think otherwise.

Different issue. There were 2 classifiers at that match and the zero scores are reshoots on the other classifier (dnf on this stage).

#91 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Different issue. There were 2 classifiers at that match and the zero scores are reshoots on the other classifier (dnf on this stage).

Stay with me on this train of thought......... Both classifiers from that day had 4 entries for A86759 (1 entry and 3 reentries). It's conceivable that all four were entered ahead of time in anticipation of shooting it 4 times each. She shot Diamond Cutter, which was the one she really wanted (http://www.doodiepro...-47#entry108360), all 4 times to get where she wanted to be. Tight Squeeze she pegged on go 1 (Nice job BTW) and didn't need the other 3 swings so just left then in the Kindle rather than delete them which is why it looks like it does. 

Like I said, just a theory. It doesn't matter regardless. This could all be total bullshit and some Practiscore glitch or something. I hope that's the case for what is worth. Hopefully she'll chime in and set it all straight.  

• BDSoverflow likes this

#92 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

There is this from uspsa:

Recently, some members have come to believe that the system was intended to indicate the highest performance level they could reach. Unfortunately, it is a simple matter for members to shoot a particular classifier over and over until they achieve as high a score a possible, then they send that score in to be used. This results in a classification that does not reflect reality, and in most cases, members who have done this cannot realistically compete at that higher level.

It is understood that anyone can do poorly on a classifier stage for various reasons, and this is why the USPSA board of directors has allowed members to reshoot a classifier stage for classification purposes. This permission should not be construed to mean that members can shoot classifier stages repeatedly until they have a score they like. The integrity of the classification system is at stake.

So will the club impugning the integrity of the classification system face any consequences?

#93 Brownie

Brownie

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCamilla, Ga

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

So will the club impugning the integrity of the classification system face any consequences?

Such as?

#94 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Such as?

Unfortunately, everyone will have to start over as D class.

😯

#95 Trigger Warning

Trigger Warning

That's What She Said

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationRaleighwood

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

I can't see how; it just says reshoot allowance "should not be construed" which sounds like a preference rather than a rule.  Seems like uspsa could say reshoot means reshoot once and be done with it.

• Brownie and BDSoverflow like this

On injured reserve.

#96 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

The club can be warned, but the MD can stop this in its tracks right now.   I get it, you have a gun failure and pushing for a class, OK fine.  I have no issue with that.  But this looks pretty damn premeditated.  If I knew I had a chance to shoot something 3-4 times and one would be official, I would play differently.  

This is why this is a bad bad thing. 

• Brownie and BDSoverflow like this

#97 Motosapiens

Motosapiens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

It looks to me like the issue is being handled appropriately by publicly mocking the offender. I assume that mockery is even worse in person at matches. It sure would be around here.

Hardly anyone wants to be known and called out as a douchebag.

2013 National Champion C class  Limited 10

#98 Sickmonkey

Sickmonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Clear to me.  "This permission should not be construed to mean that members can shoot classifier stages repeatedly until they have a score they like. The integrity of the classification system is at stake."

Don't we believe this is exactly what is happening?

#99 slink

slink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Bottom line, becoming a GM was a goal of hers. She made it happen.

#100 facelessman

facelessman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Unfortunately, everyone will have to start over as D class.

That's a bullshit idea.

Then there would only be one winner?!?!

• BHill likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users