• 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

LMR

Beep

Shoot the fuck out of the heads

score it up

tell a friend (or better yet bring one)

No fucking problem and leave the "classic" target to the euro fags.

• GuruOfGuns and phil datpus like this

#42 ZachJ

ZachJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

Fuck Canada. Do you want their gun regulations too??? That shit is MANDATORY and is yet another fucking hoop to jump through just to shoot a couple hundred rounds. Oh yeah I forgot, FUCK CANADA!!!

Depends. To shoot IPSC matches, yes. It's mandatory. It's an intro to IPSC and action pistol matches.

Club match not so much, but almost all clubs either don't permit holster/running around, or require some form of holster certification. Probably due to liability/insurance reasons.

Teaches/includes:

Safety while running around with a gun and doing stuff with said gun. Like reloading especially moving right->left for right handers and drawing from a facing uprange start.

Instructor will also usually give tips like most people tending to have a low and left trigger jerk. Analyzes your hits on targets, not so much the time.

Rules, because we all want to game everything to the absolute max and not get bumped to open for something like starting with a magazine in the front pocket.

Membership fees.

Deliberate, then obliterate.™

I am unafraid to miss.

#43 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Is he a returning former Doodie?

One of the originals.

Welcome back Mac!

I like some of your ideas, especially the first one, but I want to light all the Classic targets on fire. If you want to borrow my time machine to go back to 1976 and find out whether this sport is defensive, you'll have to wait because it is broken right now, but that is what you would find out. Classic targets won't solve the problem of a lot of society having pathological, poisonous roots in determinism and pacifism. They are still going to hate guns and they can still all fuck off.

And I want doodie 1.0 back. All that scandal cannot be lost forever.
  • barry owens, howmanytimesitshoot and Will like this
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#44 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

We absolutely need a stepping stone for the average Joe gunowner to learn real gun safety and get some proficiency. 

GSSF was great for this, not counting the high cost of shooting only one match a year like most of the people you're describing would do. That and the it having to be a Glock. But GSSF was ruined by professional Glock Match douchebags. Oh wait, this isn't the what's wrong with GSSF thread? 

(Edit: oops, I didn't even realize this would fall under Gabe's post. And I like Gabe, I really do. But the shoe fits)

#45 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I don't need a time machine I was there. Yes the roots of IPSC\USPSA are practical, it was called Combat Shooting until even way back then the pacifiers overruled the word Combat.

I knew most of the IPSC founding fathers.The story Ray Chapman told me about the start of the sport with the matches at Big Bear was that he a Jeff Cooper would try to re-enact the shoot outs they saw on that weeks tv Westerns. Both were big fans of shows of the time along with most men. Yes it seems shocking that our roots go back to black and white tv westerns but that's what he told me, probably because those were the shows with the most gun fights in them. Anyway that's were the true roots are. When the Dirty Harry movie came out with the "Hogans Ally" scene that was what everyone wanted to simulate, everyone I knew wanted to run thru that.

People keep asking why we have USPSA, it's because when IPSC was put together at the Columbia Mo Conference for some reason it was set up like the UN with one vote per region. It didn't take long to see that some countries with very few shooters had very different ideas (partially because of the laws they are under) than here in the USA. Although the damn thing wouldn't have happened except for the USA we just formed USPSA with our own rules and stayed affiliated with IPSC. As an example one region thought most all of IPSC stages should be shot from concealment, even thou it was probably illegal for normal citizens to do so IRL. We actually did shoot stages from concealment in early USPSA competitions, it was a farce all we would do is put a big oversize slicker over our normal competition rigs. Back then very very few people wanted to have a concealed carry competition. I could go on but I'll quit here, Noob and Buck the noobie will be complaining about my long posts.

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#46 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

The public doesn't come to matches but the public sees Production race guns and therefore won't come to matches?

(fyi, that's where I stopped reading and went looking for a bag of dicks for you)

• facelessman and Buck Turgidson like this

#47 Mr_White

Mr_White

Junk Carry SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

GSSF was great for this, not counting the high cost of shooting only one match a year like most of the people you're describing would do. That and the it having to be a Glock. But GSSF was ruined by professional Glock Match douchebags. Oh wait, this isn't the what's wrong with GSSF thread? 

(Edit: oops, I didn't even realize this would fall under Gabe's post. And I like Gabe, I really do. But the shoe fits)

It's all good, and that is funny your post went right under mine, lol.

I don't have any effect on average Joe gunowner trying to compete in GSSF. They took care of that by separating Amateurs and Masters.

Did you say shoes? I like shoes.
9254418645_6df4042018.jpg

"Conscience is our guide, peace is our shelter, beauty and perfection is our life."- Bruce Leroy

http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

#48 phil datpus

phil datpus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

So every match I am reliving an episode of the Lone Ranger? (In my 40's, so Lone Ranger is as far back as I remember black and white but GoG can probably name several dozen)

We better keep revo.
  • barry owens likes this

#49 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

Classic targets won't solve the problem of a lot of society having pathological, poisonous roots in determinism and pacifism. They are still going to hate guns and they can still all fuck off.

Well said.  

No one likes me, and I don't care.

#50 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

-USPSA requires a great deal of work in the marketing department.

Whatever.  I don't really care if USPSA grows or not.  

-Production Division is now bullshit.

-Production division has been bullshit since inception due to the 10 round limit.  Your CZ/Tanfo argument is bullshit.

-The scoring system is ridiculous.

-Scoring is fine.  You sound like an IDPA fag.

-Gaming needs to be mitigated.

You sound like an IDPA fag.

-We should move entirely to the Classic targets. 

It wouldn't bother me if we went to Classic targets.  Though, it seems like the only ones that bitch about Metrics are the pussies shooting minor PF.

Switch the Nationals back to Las Vegas every now and then

Agreed.

-We need to change the popper calibration rule.

The only people that ever bitch about this are the pussies shooting weenie ammo.  Quit being a pussy and load to at least 140PF.

• facelessman likes this

#51 (Sh)ItJustGotReal

(Sh)ItJustGotReal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

More clubs. Closest uspsa club to me is 2 hours away. There are 7 gun clubs/ commercial ranges within an hour and 15 min drive that shoot Idpa or outlaw idpa. None offer USPSA, so there is still more that can be done to grow the sport.

So quit being a lazy fucker and make it happen instead of waiting for someone else to do it.  Or move.

#52 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

Gaming is the shooters way of telling MDs that they suck at stage design and next time don't try to 'make' the shooters do anything.
  • NickBlasta likes this

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#53 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

I don't need a time machine I was there. Yes the roots of IPSC\USPSA are practical, it was called Combat Shooting until even way back then the pacifiers overruled the word Combat.

I knew most of the IPSC founding fathers.The story Ray Chapman told me about the start of the sport with the matches at Big Bear was that he a Jeff Cooper would try to re-enact the shoot outs they saw on that weeks tv Westerns. Both were big fans of shows of the time along with most men. Yes it seems shocking that our roots go back to black and white tv westerns but that's what he told me, probably because those were the shows with the most gun fights in them. Anyway that's were the true roots are. When the Dirty Harry movie came out with the "Hogans Ally" scene that was what everyone wanted to simulate, everyone I knew wanted to run thru that.

People keep asking why we have USPSA, it's because when IPSC was put together at the Columbia Mo Conference for some reason it was set up like the UN with one vote per region. It didn't take long to see that some countries with very few shooters had very different ideas (partially because of the laws they are under) than here in the USA. Although the damn thing wouldn't have happened except for the USA we just formed USPSA with our own rules and stayed affiliated with IPSC. As an example one region thought most all of IPSC stages should be shot from concealment, even thou it was probably illegal for normal citizens to do so IRL. We actually did shoot stages from concealment in early USPSA competitions, it was a farce all we would do is put a big oversize slicker over our normal competition rigs. Back then very very few people wanted to have a concealed carry competition. I could go on but I'll quit here, Noob and Buck the noobie will be complaining about my long posts.

TL [ago]; DR
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#54 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

Just kidding. I love this historical stuff. Plus it irritates Noob, Buck, Blow Me, etc. Bonus points.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#55 bailey

bailey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:13 AM

Here is what everyone else should run off and do!   I'm too damn busy to do anything but criticize everyone else.

I saw 14 of those on two Republican debates recently.  Why don't you run for office so you can refuse to do your job like this jackass woman in Kentucky.

I fail to see why we need more shooters unless someone can build more ranges. I fail to see why we need to spend money on marketing (see last sentence). Fail to see why we need to eliminate metric targets because a few people like to find fault with anything. Believe me they will find problems with shooting turtles also. I do not care if they oppose shooting. Why do they care if I like to shoot, provided I do it safely. How do 10 round mags help crazy people kill fewer victims? Guy just gets more mags or more guns. Politicians are hopeless!! 

I don't see how you prevent gun manufacturers from improving (and usually making more expensive) products to compete. Why would you want to do that? How many people would like all USPSA divisions to be limited to Glock's and M&P's. Nothing wrong with those if you choose to use them, but why limit the choices. Spend your bucks according to your priorities, but don't restrict me if I have different priorities.

• GuanoLoco likes this

#56 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Seems that all the shooting sports are filled with howler monkeys. Every other thread is butt hurt.

My ass itches.
  • Buck Turgidson and Will like this

#57 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

http://memegenerator...stance/59063545

#58 Doc

Doc

Google ( o Y o ) SME

• Moderators
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

[img] fail

lame

Unload and Show Clear...
tsarbombaexplos2.jpg
"Licorne" French Polynesia 1970

It pins my irony meter when people post things like "your to stupid..."

You brought a rifle to a handgun competition?

#59 Sad Sack

Sad Sack

Forum Tard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Just kidding. I love this historical stuff. Plus it irritates Noob, Buck, Blow Me, etc. Bonus points.

It doesn't irritate me at all.  I read, and enjoy, every word the Guru puts down.  Because respect your elders.  Even the senile ones with ED. 

No one likes me, and I don't care.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uspsa, rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users