#21 snark

snark

Aberrant Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

... and if you count up the 'experience' of the people that proposed the change divided by how long IDPA has been around, you'll notice they're all the original old-farts that hated losing at USPSA to begin with.

On the plus side, IDPA shooters will soon be hauling away beaucoup GSSF loot what with all the down-zero practice they'll be getting.

Use the rules. Don't DQ someone who doesn't do anything DQable. -- Da Beard.

#22 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

It's like an evil spy infiltrated their HQ and is trying to destroy the company from the inside. Dummies.

• Mr_White, jst0915, Alma and 2 others like this

#23 uwotm8

uwotm8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

It's like an evil spy infiltrated their HQ and is trying to destroy the company from the inside. Dummies.

You better watch it.  LV said he's tired of keyboard commandos getting on his FB page and espousing their feelings to a Delta Force combat veteran.  He will tell you to go pound sand and pound his chest (assuming he can get past his fat ass stomach) and tell you how right he is and this is the only correct action for IDPA to take.

• Nimrod, GuanoLoco and Moustache6 like this

#24 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

Seems smart to me. Drive out the top 2% of shooters and suddenly the gap between good and great narrows considerably. And the folks won't have to lose local matches to those damn gamers.

#25 waktasz

waktasz

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Seems smart to me. Drive out the top 2% of shooters and suddenly the gap between good and great narrows considerably. And the folks won't have to lose local matches to those damn gamers.

The top 2% of shooters only show up once a year, at Nationals, to claim their trophies.

• poopgiggle likes this

#26 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

Evil spy is more like perhaps a renowned doughnut eater.

#27 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

It's all because Joyce sucks at shooting.  So she and the "tiger team", read bunch of bitches with no fucking real life, have nothing better to do then fuck with the rule book.  Remember, that IDPA shit is FOR PROFIT and privately owned, so she is the fuckign queen and you motherfuckers are gonna pay for her plane and fuel, so shut the fuck up.  

• laughingdog, Co Th G and Buck Turgidson like this

#28 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

So IDPA= bullseye shooting.  Yeah that's exciting.  

#29 yomamma

yomamma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

You better watch it.  LV said he's tired of keyboard commandos getting on his FB page and espousing their feelings to a Delta Force combat veteran.  He will tell you to go pound sand and pound his chest (assuming he can get past his fat ass stomach) and tell you how right he is and this is the only correct action for IDPA to take.

Fuck him.  I could care less if he was the grand fucking wizard.  Anyone that uses the "I was special forces so I know best" is a cunt.  

• wchangose, Mr_White, Nimrod and 2 others like this

#30 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

So the saying "if you're shooting all zeros, then you're not shooting fast enough" is out?

I don't think it will change much at the top of the heap. Sure it will piss off some of the people who cant really beat anyone else when their scores are lower.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#31 TrannyOakley

TrannyOakley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

My IDPA membership expired recently and I went 'round and 'round about whether to renew. I'm glad I didn't. 

#32 howmanytimesitshoot

howmanytimesitshoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

The funny thing to me is that this will actually widen the gap between the top and everybody else.

For example, imagine Area 3 was an IDPA match with this scoring. Stegger would have beaten everyone extremely bad.

#33 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

That is the point. The greater the separation, the higher the value of the nut hugging with the sponsors. Brings the real estate up for those quarter page adds on everyone's jerseys. 

And how will you be paying for that sir? 

#34 Co Th G

Co Th G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

https://www.facebook...156097382390416

Stamp of approval. Still don't give a shit about IDPA.

Larry Vickers Just banned and deleted some more people on here - my patience has run out. When you are on my FB page arguing incapacitating hits to a 15 year Delta Force combat veteran and your arguing from the the standpoint of a gun gamer you are a) clueless and B) primed to be shown the door. A word to the wise for all

#35 Co Th G

Co Th G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

From the LAV's Facebook page.

Chad Marthey I'm pretty pumped about this. I get tired of getting my ass kicked by those gamer guys that practice and shoot IPSC. That sport is down right dangerous. It teaches horrible tactics and will lead to heinous training scars. I like the training that I get at my monthly IDPA matches. I learned how to draw from holster and engage threats in Tactical pie. I can put two rounds on the head at 5 yards in just under 4 seconds. I'm glad that this scoring will level the playing field for the tacticians in the sport.

• getaway and V2plus25 like this

#36 BHill

BHill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationSouth East Texas

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

#37 BOHICA

BOHICA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Nice cast chad
  • RockOutGLOCKOut likes this

#38 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

Chad Marthey I'm pretty pumped about this. I get tired of getting my ass kicked by those gamer guys that practice and shoot IPSC. That sport is down right dangerous. It teaches horrible tactics and will lead to heinous training scars. I like the training that I get at my monthly IDPA matches. I learned how to draw from holster and engage threats in Tactical pie. I can put two rounds on the head at 5 yards in just under 4 seconds. I'm glad that this scoring will level the playing field for the tacticians in the sport.

This goes to show that LAV awareness these days has slipped as much as his nutrition habits have. If you can't spot the Kim Kardashian of trolls, you are going to crash into the barrier in front of you. 

Aging fitness guru's. Lets all move on. 

#39 Cranky Gunsmith

Cranky Gunsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

Wow. So they re-invented the scoring system ICORE uses. Genius.

#40 Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts
  • Locationthe command bunker

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

idi-amin-laughing.gif

• Co Th G likes this

I need something to do while shooting, and thinking about titties is too distracting  - Stubb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users