154 replies to this topic

#141 Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

The (women's) shirts in USPSA are ridiculous looking. Wear one outside the range and see who it attracts. Might as well wear lipstick.  

Why would I wear a woman's shirt?  Caitlyn, is that you???  

Unless otherwise noted, expect that all my posting here is in true Doodie fashion.  If my post somehow upsets your sensibilities, well...there ya go.  

#142 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

All the pot smoking makes your tits big. 

#143 laughingdog

laughingdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

PeterTheFish isn't here, but let me take a swag at the maths:

90 - 30 = 60 points down = 30 seconds of penalty (old rules)
"A few" Non-threats at 5 seconds each >= 15 seconds
A quick google shows me that the 2013 shoothouse shootout was 12 stages
45 seconds / 12 stages = 3.75 seconds/stage

So Cody is pissed that he got beat by some guy who ON AVERAGE was almost 4 seconds faster a stage, 12 stages in a row. Mind you, unlike USPSA, IDPA has max 18 round stages.

High SSP at the 2013 Shootout was about 240 secs / 12 stages = about 20s per stage.

3.75 seconds / 240 seconds is basically 15% faster per stage relative to 1st master SSP.
45 seconds in accuracy penalties / Cody's 384 seconds total is abut 12% less accurate overall.

So the guy that beat Cody made a good call on speed vs accuracy, yet should have shot a little more acurately - and had 45 SECONDS available to do so.

Digging further, let's assume this is discussing the 2013 Shootout results: http://www.idpa.com/...ondetails/13602

Poor Arthur (Cody) Claxton (5th SSP Shartshooter) was never in the game to win his class (90 seconds off the pace), much less the SSP division (140 seconds off the pace).

Cody: But, but, but....ITS NOT FAIR!!!! We need to do something to slow those fast/sloppy guys down!!!

I also looked at the scores of the 2013 Shoothouse Shootout, and noticed that he was beaten by quite a few people who shot more points down than him.  Of course the fact that the 3 fastest shooters in his division, as well as the winner of his class, all shot less than half as many points down as he did I'm sure is meaningless.

For an added bonus, all but one of the shooters who beat him despite having more points down would have still beaten him at 1 second per point down.  http://members.idpa....qdyxxyu.1x5.pdf

• Doc and Buck Turgidson like this

#144 Fergus556

Fergus556

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

Oh, what a fucking joke. Has anyone ever seen the IDPA board of directors actually shooting a match? For real, I'm sure that I've never seen any of them shooting.........

#145 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Expert by previous experience and proclamation. What more do you need? Actually have them shoot matches in various disciplines and stay current with shooters wants and needs? Nah.

If we want to know what needs to be changed or fixed in IDPA, I'm sure they will tell us.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#146 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:30 PM

Holy necropost batman. This is old shit. If your going to bring up the old crap, lets talk purple adult toys and booty shorts. 

• laughingdog and phil datpus like this

#147 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Looking at todays scores for the local match, there would have been a few changes of position in the overall.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#148 MilkMyDuds

MilkMyDuds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

This is no different than Mike forcing rifles into handgun matches.  I am sure he has shot numerous USPSA matches with PCC, and done extensive analysis of the pros/cons before going nuts pushing for PCC.

#149 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

This is no different than Mike forcing rifles into handgun matches.  I am sure he has shot numerous USPSA matches with PCC, and done extensive analysis of the pros/cons before going nuts pushing for PCC.

Force or respond to popular demand and opportunity? I think you are confused.
  • laughingdog likes this
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#150 Peally

Peally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:53 PM

People are shooting PCC already. People aren't shooting IDPA with one second penalties. You're confused.
  • ChuckNLedd likes this

#151 busdriver

busdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:29 AM

Isn't having beta testers, drafting a potential rule set, pushing for a trial period and getting people talking how you would obtain data?  What sort of magical analysis should the omnipotent board of directors be doing?  

Any boob can look at the gun market and tell that AR type rifles are fucking popular, rifle ammo is fucking expensive and there aren't many places you can really shoot action rifle.  

Want more clubs and ranges?  Money talks.

• GuanoLoco likes this

#152 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Isn't having beta testers, drafting a potential rule set, pushing for a trial period and getting people talking how you would obtain data?  What sort of magical analysis should the omnipotent board of directors be doing?  

Any boob can look at the gun market and tell that AR type rifles are fucking popular, rifle ammo is fucking expensive and there aren't many places you can really shoot action rifle.  

Want more clubs and ranges?  Money talks.

Yeah IDPA HQ don't work that way.

A77854

To everyone one I beat in a match or on a stage. I'm a lard ass half blind screw up who doesn't fire a shot outside of a match.......just how bad do you suck now knowing that.

#153 laughingdog

laughingdog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

I don't know of a single person who shot PCC in the Pro-Am steel match in GA last year that didn't want the opportunity to do more of that after it was over. 

#154 spiffy

spiffy

Cookie SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

There was a guy with a AR and aimpoint micro at the club match......33 happy stick with +10 extension.

A77854

#155 MemphisMechanic

MemphisMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Hmm.

This happened at the 2015 Arkansas State match. Bill lost to an Expert (Wayne was crowned Division Champ) who dropped far more points than he did, but stomped his dick on raw time...

Then in 2016 we learned that the rules are changing.

The plot thickens.

Attached Files

• GuanoLoco likes this
I won an IDPA match once. It was neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users