#1 TheFireArmorer

TheFireArmorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:15 PM

Can someone explain how these sponsorships work? I get why a company would sponsor a nationally competitive GM or maybe a local guy who kicks ass, but why do I see so many A, B, and C class guys with jerseys that have logos plastered all over them? 

It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious what is going on. Are most of these people actually sponsored, in that they get benefits from these companies, or do a lot of them just get jerseys made with their favorite companies logos on them just to look legit?

The reason behind my questions is that I was squadded with a guy who had big name logos all over his jersey (CZ, BBI, etc.) but he seemed to just be a middle of the road C class dude. I thought it'd be dickish to be like, "hey dude, you're not that good, why so many sponsorships?" So I figured I'd seek wisdom from Doodie. 

I imagine this has been discussed repeatedly, but I would rather hear from Doodies rather than searching google. 

#2 Larry Costa

Larry Costa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Some companies.... BBI for example, has a "Sponsorship" program.  So you put their logo on their jersey and they give you like %10 off their stuff.  Not sure how much a shirt costs but really you're not getting much. 

I shoot with a guy who got 2k worth of bullets and brand new primed brass, plus the gun, and didn't have to pay for the jersey.  I'd say that's pretty legit.

But I've talked to some people who just bought a jersey cuz they think it's cool. Really, people that make stuff shooters are interested in aren't having a problem promoting their product; and really, USPSA is such a small market anyway.  1 police contract, for example could be larger than every current user of a particular gun right now so most companies concentrate on pimping their stuff in other ways.

Because of who I am dawg = EABOD

#3 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

Some people, myself included, wear match shirts they get from matches. I guess I'd it has their name on it, they had it made. I enjoy beating all the sponsored guys, not that out happens often

#4 StrongHandOnly

StrongHandOnly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:09 PM

Shooting shirts with company names all over it are fucking stupid looking. I have a box full of match shirts from all the bigger matches that I have attended. I just can't bring myself to wear them. Maybe next month you'll see a bunch of third world people wearing them on the late night "Save the children for 32 cents a day" commercials.
  • Buck Turgidson, Sickmonkey and Will like this

#5 Maxamundo

Maxamundo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

Don't assume that just because someone has logos on their shirt that they get anything from those companies.

#6 Vagetarian

Vagetarian

I used to have 3 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • LocationLightyears from Ben's nuts.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:17 AM

Team Rudy Project.  Because sponsored.

• Dennis Solarsky likes this

Kitten_zps66d94599.jpg
I just man-handled that prick with my Type-A personality.
Dipshit tard duckweed goat humper.

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots and retards!

#7 TheFireArmorer

TheFireArmorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

I understand people wearing match shirts. But, I'm seeing c and b class guys with pretty official looking jerseys, names on the back. Not match shirts. I've also found it enjoyable beating sponsored guys, but I'm curious if the majority are truly sponsored and why.

#8 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

I've got some match t-shirts, but only one nice jersey with logo's for GA State.

Practically it is comfortable and nice in the A6 heat. Style wise? I am not interested getting low value sponsorships or wearing more than whatever logo is on the shirt, and I don't really care if my name is on it. Looking spiffy and having higher quality cloth has some value.

Come to think of it - I sponsor certain vendors (EAA/Tanfo, Bayou Bullets, Dillon/Benos, etc.) - they don't sponsor me.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#9 Canuck223

Canuck223

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:29 AM

Gun company sponsorships range from the full ride hookers and blow package, down to nothing more than a discounted gun if you can help sell a few a year.

#10 M1911A1

M1911A1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

I see so many A, B, and C class guys with jerseys that have logos plastered all over them?

Wannabe's???

You can have any shirt made with whatever the heck you want on it.

#11 RockOutGLOCKOut

RockOutGLOCKOut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationA5

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

I thought about making myself a jersey with my own picture on it to show my sponsor.

I like my Glocks like I like my women; 19 and in my pants.

#12 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:03 PM

I'm not wearing anything I'm not sponsored with

Zardoz-2.jpg

• peterthefish likes this

#13 aics308

aics308

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

Ride a Kawasaki ATV, wear a Kawasaki shirt. Drive a Chevy truck, wear a Chevy shirt. Ride a Suzuki, wear a Suzuki shirt. Go to Concert, wear a Band shirt. Go see your favorite Nascar Race, wear a Race or Driver shirt. Pro 2A, wear a shirt. Got a CMore scope, wear a shirt. Shoot a Brazos, wear a shirt. Buy Dawson products, wear a Dawson shirt.

Doesn't mean anyone's sponsored, just like to wear shirts from their current hobby whatever it may be.

The people I hear making remarks at local matches are the people who are wearing the fancy shoes, tactical pants, and tactical shirts. Or the people who remark about your shirt at the local matches but you see them at a Level 2 or 3 and they have their "Sponsored Shirt" on.

Wear whatever you want, it doesn't really matter what other people wear, JUST SHOOT!

#14 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

upcoming10.jpg

I would so spring for a jersey designed around this... Including the " I want to go fast" quote.

#15 GuruOfGuns

GuruOfGuns

I was there SME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Locationhorizontal unless I can get help

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

I understand people wearing match shirts. But, I'm seeing c and b class guys with pretty official looking jerseys, names on the back. Not match shirts. I've also found it enjoyable beating sponsored guys, but I'm curious if the majority are truly sponsored and why.

Look at yourself in the mirror, you probably see what looks like some kind of male hipster with your hair in a bun, yet that doesn't prove you have a visible penis. Understand now?

"I'm older and fatter than any of you dipshits."

#16 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

I'm not wearing anything I'm not sponsored with

Zardoz-2.jpg

Q: Slemmo: How do you get those rifle cartridges in that pistol cylinder?  Are you a wizard?

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#17 bpipe95

bpipe95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

upcoming10.jpg

I would so spring for a jersey designed around this... Including the " I want to go fast" quote.

I had these stickers made 3 years ago when I shot 3 gun.

#18 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

upcoming10.jpg

There is a guy that wears this shirt and is a good shooter. Mr. White posted the picture a while back.

Other great options to consider: 

a. the Fred Flintstone "onesie"

b. depends (great for hot months and long matches)

c. instructor zero green jumpsuit "onesie" (doesn't work without a neck beard)

I'm not a fan of the nascar shirts because 99% fucking ugly.

#19 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

Blue Bullets recently started to "sponsor" shooters. You sport their shirt and promote their products and you get discounts. I applied but didn't make the cut so I'll be using different bullets in the future.
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#20 TheFireArmorer

TheFireArmorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

Look at yourself in the mirror, you probably see what looks like some kind of male hipster with your hair in a bun, yet that doesn't prove you have a visible penis. Understand now?

I wish I had enough hair for a bun. But, I'll be honest, I'm still confused. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users