#21 TheFireArmorer

TheFireArmorer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Ride a Kawasaki ATV, wear a Kawasaki shirt. Drive a Chevy truck, wear a Chevy shirt. Ride a Suzuki, wear a Suzuki shirt. Go to Concert, wear a Band shirt. Go see your favorite Nascar Race, wear a Race or Driver shirt. Pro 2A, wear a shirt. Got a CMore scope, wear a shirt. Shoot a Brazos, wear a shirt. Buy Dawson products, wear a Dawson shirt.

Doesn't mean anyone's sponsored, just like to wear shirts from their current hobby whatever it may be.

The people I hear making remarks at local matches are the people who are wearing the fancy shoes, tactical pants, and tactical shirts. Or the people who remark about your shirt at the local matches but you see them at a Level 2 or 3 and they have their "Sponsored Shirt" on.

Wear whatever you want, it doesn't really matter what other people wear, JUST SHOOT!

If I see a guy wearing a glock t-shirt, I don't think, "Damn, he must be sponsored." But, if I see a guy with a jersey that he had made that says team glock and has his name on the back, then he does appear to be sponsored. 

I get wearing a shirt repping your favorite brand, item, whatever. But, having a shirt made up of a collage of different companies, obviously trying to appear sponsored, I don't understand. That's why I'm asking if this is in fact what some guys are doing, and if so, why? And if they are truly sponsored, what criteria did they meet. It doesn't bother my one way or the other. Just educating myself on the matter. 

#22 thegrandwazoo

thegrandwazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Wannabe's plain and simple. "If I look like a bad ass then I must be a bad ass"

#23 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

Google STI contingency.

#24 toothandnail

toothandnail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

Some of us are sponsored, rifle, bullets, grips, - 100% , powder about 80%, a few more coming on board soon.

Some provide match entry fee's

#25 Nimrod

Nimrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

You can spend $150 on up and have whatever your little heart desires to give you the impression there is some deadly shit happening after looking at your shirt. The first is how well you can keep it tucked in since you are probably putting on a little paunch like everyone's idol THE Ironman Vickers.   

Fact of the matter, 90% of that is only deadly in the shitter before you shoot your next stage. 

If there is one sport that is riddled with self promoting phenom's then it is this one.

The sponsors all like this shit because it makes their bosses think they are building market share.  

Just visit SHOT and you know what I mean.  

#26 BockerSV

BockerSV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

92AF947A-01E6-438A-8BE8-EE62EAAF58C0_zps

Been done be-fo.
  • gLocKsuCker69 likes this

#27 Fourtrax

Fourtrax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

When I started, cotton t shirt. Got a shirt thrown at me by a man who owns a Mortgage company. It was a techwear. I've never looked back. Once I went "new" type fabric, there is no comparison.

I have the first ever Enos shirt, got it free, for coming up with the idea on Enos for there to be an Enos shirt. They are actually nice and if you want a good shirt made with the best fabric, I'm sure they are still available.

I have 2 from Big Pete Briggs. At one time, in Indiana, Team Lake Mortgage was everywhere. There must have been 10-15 of us. All sporting our Team shirts and having a blast! We squaded at matches and shot together. None of us were GM's. Only two are Masters that I know of, Repete and myself.

I always just thought of it as fun. Wear what you want. Here are 8 of us...........

2d54f01e10dd5d426523bf568f1daf58.jpg
  • aics308 likes this
I am a pre PTCRBH Doodie member. For all you post PTCRBH members, EABOD and piss off.

Best post ever,

DR. Yellow Visor Guy said....

"Glocks work. They're like that somewhat thick chick. They're low maintenance, will always put out and generally perform better at it than you'd expect."

#28 jakemartens

jakemartens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

The shirts make you go faster

Sure you can have just the shirt with no logo's, but the more flare, the faster you go

Most people are just having them made with the favorite company, stuff they use, no sponsor

others are part of a group (Rudy, Team Sig, etc) that get group discounts and some free shit

others are sponsored at some level, discounts, some free stuff, stuff they rep

#29 ZackJones

ZackJones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:05 AM

When is Stegger coming out with Team Doodie Project shirts. Those would be awesome.
  • GuanoLoco, ZachJ, Nickb and 2 others like this
Not to be confused with ZachJ

#30 GuanoLoco

GuanoLoco

Minister of Culture

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationMy Safe Space

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:25 AM

The shirts make you go faster
Sure you can have just the shirt with no logo's, but the more flare, the faster you go

Most people are just having them made with the favorite company, stuff they use, no sponsor
others are part of a group (Rudy, Team Sig, etc) that get group discounts and some free shit
others are sponsored at some level, discounts, some free stuff, stuff they rep

I believe flair is the correct term, but somehow flare seems more approrpiate.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

In Doodie, Veritas.

"You might be a little thin-skinned for this forum". -Scott.

#31 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

When is Stegger coming out with Team Doodie Project shirts. Those would be awesome.

Combine doodie and me cougar for the win

#32 lpc

lpc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

I believe flair is the correct term, but somehow flare seems more approrpiate.

Fifteen pieces of flair is the bare minimum.

#33 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Q: Slemmo: How do you get those rifle cartridges in that pistol cylinder?  Are you a wizard?

I shoot toy guns during off season.

#34 Conspiracy Brother

Conspiracy Brother

Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 warning points.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationBanned for something?

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

So wearing a jersey with the names of companies you like, use, support, is stupid, but the big Nike or Under Armor logo on your shirt isn't?  How much did Nike donate to your local Area match this year?

While I don't have logo'd match shirts, I do have "silly shooting shirts". They not only keep me cool, but they're too stupid looking to wear anywhere else, which means I don't. Which means it's always clean and ready come match day. Plus they last for years wearing them so sparingly. As dumb as the "shooting uniform" or "shooting outfit" seemed to me years ago, it in fact works out quite well. 

#35 sirveyr

sirveyr

Was the Rudy mole.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

I wear a go fast shirt with my name on the back so that people know which squad to avoid. 

There are many levels of sponsorship; they range from multilevel marketing scams, to repping your good friend that builds you kick ass custom guns for free, to collecting a check for shredding cardboard.  

Don't get caught up in the jersey drama.  Focus on getting the most out of the $20 tactical training that the match offers you.  Stay safe, brother!

• TSO and Canuck223 like this

Chet Martinez

I was here before post #112

#36 slemmo

slemmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

So wearing a jersey with the names of companies you like, use, support, is stupid, but the big Nike or Under Armor logo on your shirt isn't?  How much did Nike donate to your local Area match this year?

Nike is a clothing company......so not the same thing.

#37 dansedgli

dansedgli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:35 AM

Plenty of people look sponsored where I shoot.

There are a few good team ones floating around too. Team delta mike for instance.

https://www.facebook...Mike?fref=photo

Icarus shirts does most of the stuff I see. You can order whatever you like.

#38 peterthefish

peterthefish

Banned.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'd like to wear a go fast shirt but I'm afraid I would internalize the pressure of other shooters seeing the shirt and assuming I know what the fuck I'm doing.

#39 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

Combine doodie and me cougar for the win

^this!

I would buy this and wear it - and I think nascar shirts are stoopid!

Add full retard custom guns for the win!

#40 ron169

ron169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

^this!

I would buy this and wear it - and I think nascar shirts are stoopid!

Add full retard custom guns for the win!

Ben, or Hell Timmy, build it, stick it in the store, and we will but it! Hehe
  • Will likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users